Book Club. All Are Welcome. Reading for End of May: Dark Matter by Blake Crouch

I'm tending to agree with you whimsical, I have a love hate with the book, sometimes I want to read it and sometimes I want nothing to do with it :haha:

I'm enjoying it so far! Made it to chapter 4. :happydance: Still haven't reached those famous letters yet. :winkwink:

A quick (irrelevant) comment about chapter 7 in the spoiler:

I made it to the letters. This is hilarious.
Makes me never want to go on a cruise. :shock: :rofl:

Hello, everyone! I am new around here so still trying to figure out the forums. This thread, though, caught my attention immediately! I love reading ALL genres and I always have to recommend one of my favorites when making new friends who love to read: The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning. It's steamy, but it's also adventurous and so much fun.
I have so many more favorites! Going to catch up on the previous posts and see what awesome recs you guys have, thanks for making this thread! ;D

Umm, I am not a huge fan of the book right now. I'm hoping it will get better as I really liked it when I first started; but I'm hoping there is something to tie everything together in the end.

I'm hoping there is something to tie everything together in the end.

This is how I felt before my checkout expired (still waiting for the copy to free up again...). I'm about 50/50 with the book. I tend to like it depending on who's narrating. I absolutely HATE Margaret's narration, and John was a little painful, but I've liked the rest of them so far. But the big thing for me is that, like tank said, I really hope it's all tied together in the end because it feels really random and scattered to me. :shrug:

I do have hope for this book. It has rave ratings and reviews online so I have to imagine it all starts to come together?

I agree, it depends on who is narrating. I felt like the book starts strong then has kind of died a bit... I'm about 3/4 of the way through. Fx it picks up!

Ladies i totally agree. Book started ok, got silly, got funny got depressing, now everything is so weird and random. Got a bit of a low blow with last nights reading...gosh this book better start coming together soon....

Hi, sweetdreams! Welcome to the book club. :hugs:

I'm still in the part of this book where I'm enjoying it. So much catching up to do! :shock:

Hey I got to another really hilarious part last night, Michael is my favorite :rofl:

Lol Amy :rofl:

I'm up to Michaels second chapter in Part 2.
I've gotta say, I am enjoying all the Massachusetts/Boston references, like mentions of Cleveland Circle, the T, Dunkin Donuts, the 128 Amtrak station, and particularly the trying to find parking in the city one. :rofl: I like picturing characters interacting in places I've been to, myself.

almost there and have to say i had a real love hate for this book. not sure how i will feel once its over.

i think Micheal is a real entertainer

Still over here waiting to get things sorted out with the library... [Insert thumb-twiddling, impatient emoji here...]

WIL have they still not sorted out your account or are you waiting for the book again?

I'm almost done. Yikes, sorry for the lame book pick

Don't be sorry, it sounded promising! Should still allow for some decent discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->