book worms : what have you been reading?

I started The Notebook but, suprisingly, i'm finding it rubbish compared to the film.

x

I started The Notebook but, suprisingly, i'm finding it rubbish compared to the film.

x

Totally agree and it's normally the other way round. I just couldn't get into it at all.

I've just finished Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes, a bit of a stalker book and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I ended up loving it. Quite scary but 5 stars from me :thumbup:

Just starting The Generation Game by Sophie Duffy, finger's crossed for another goody. x

The hunger games...one word...outstanding. Couldn't put it down,just started the second one. Thanks ladies for helpin my brain recover from the abuse that was 50 shades!

Has anyone read books by June green?
If so can anyone recommend any books like them please.
Taking the kids to the library tomorrow so will look what there x

x

I agree. Dear John is better as a book though (since we're talking Nicolas Sparks)- but I'd see the movie anyway for Channing Tatum :winkwink: Found this on Pinterest and pretty much rings true for me:

Attachments

• Read-the-Book-or-See-the-Movie.jpeg
    Read-the-Book-or-See-the-Movie.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 15
Currently I'm reading:

Twilight
Dead Man's Grip by Peter James
Killing Floor by Lee Child
North & South by E Gaskill (sp)

Yes I honestly have 4 books on the go lol. I am enjoying Dead Man's Grip the most so I'll finish that before the others. Twilight I've already read so I'm just using it as a stop gap book. North & South is my 'heavy going' book that I only read if I'm not too tired to take it in.

ive almost finished the 3rd hunger games book i love them i dont normally go for something like this more of a chick lit kinda girl but both me and OH love them and wondered if any one can recommend something kind of similar?

I'm reading The Lovely Bones (think I'm a bit late :rofl:)

It's such a good gripping but weird book!

xxx

i am currently reading tales of a midwife, its brilliant but i cant wait to finish. Been recommended the psychopath test by john ronson i think. Supposed to be a brilliant read, onto non-fiction books at the minute xx

Recently finished an excellent book: The Glass House by Jeanette Walls. Have The Flying Troutmans by Miriam Toews on the go next.

I have just read My Mother, My Daughter by Annie Murray and at 20p on the Kindle was an absolute bargain, finished the 540 pages in 2 days with 2 kids to look after also!!!

x

Totally agree and it's normally the other way round. I just couldn't get into it at all.

I've just finished Into the Darkest Corner by Elizabeth Haynes, a bit of a stalker book and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it but I ended up loving it. Quite scary but 5 stars from me :thumbup:

Just starting The Generation Game by Sophie Duffy, finger's crossed for another goody. x

I have just been debating whether to download 'Into the Darkest Corner' as it came up on the Kindle as a recommended read for me so off your 5 star I have bought it!! No pressure :rofl:

The Kindle have got a sale on at the minute with loads of books 20p-99p so I am stocking up.

Read a book Monday to Friday man for 20p bit of Chicklit which I am not usually into but was nice light and airy read would definatley recommend for 20p.

The Kindle have got a sale on at the minute with loads of books 20p-99p so I am stocking up.

Read a book Monday to Friday man for 20p bit of Chicklit which I am not usually into but was nice light and airy read would definatley recommend for 20p.

Oooh thankyou for this!! Im off for a nosy!

I am reading the night circus as it was recommended by a few people on this thread - its so weird! Im loving it!!:thumbup:

Mind if I join you lovely ladies?

The last bit I've read/reading:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick which is a YA book about fallen angels and I'm on the second in the series called Crescendo. They are ok books if you like this genre.

I'm also listening to on audio Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult which I'm finding kind of dull to be honest. I've never finished a book by her as I started My Sister's Keeper before and couldn't get through it. I really don't see what the fuss is about with this author. Must not be my writing style. I will give her a few more chances after this maybe.

On my Kobo Vox I'm reading a YA book called The Alchemist: the Immortal Tales of Nicholas Flammel. So far it is pretty good.

Mockingjay: Just finished this before the current books. Didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first two. Was still pretty good. Would give it 4/5.

Feast Of Crows: Was a little more difficult to get into then the others but still an excellent read. 4/5

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Mortan: Excellent story about a women trying to heal and find out the truth about her Grandmother's past. 5/5

The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle: Great writing about a very disturbing topic. If anyone wants to read it is really good but discusses child sexual abuse. 5/5

Sarum: The Novel of England by Edward Rutherford: Absolutely adore his writing. If you like historical novels he is really good. 5/5

Glass Houses: Book 1 of the Morgainville series. Not as good as I thought it would be. 3/5

Divergent by Veronica Roth: Really good YA novel. 4/5

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese: Wasn't sure what to expect but really enjoyed this story. 4/5

The Help: Absolutely adored this book! I actually really liked the movie too. 5/5

The Kite Runner: Thought this was one of the best books I've ever read. 5/5 Really want to read others by him.

The Life of Pi: Really loved this book too! 5/5

Sea Captain's Wife: Beth Powning: Loved this book too! 5/5

The Pilot's Wife: Bleh not sure what all the hype about this book was for, didn't really care for the story but the writing was pretty good. 3/5

The Footprints of God by Greg Isle: 4/5

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett: Another favorite 5/5

x

I have just been debating whether to download 'Into the Darkest Corner' as it came up on the Kindle as a recommended read for me so off your 5 star I have bought it!! No pressure :rofl:

Eeeek hope you like it. I started it a while before but because it was a bit graphic (violent) at the start I didn't think I would like it but then I gave it another go after reading reviews and I'm so glad I did :thumbup: x

I downloaded and read darkest corner as I saw it on here and read it in one go.

I have Monday - Friday man on my kindle ready to go. At he moment I'm reading the latest Chicagoland vampire book which I am not enjoying as much as the others

I have just finished Unsuitable men by pippa wright, took me ages to get into! Once i got past 50% i seemed to read it quickly. I wasnt over impressed and tbh i could sense the story line from that start.

I have just started reading 'the love of my life' by louise douglas. Was a cheepie on kindle i think. So far I have wanted to cry for the whole 17% i have read.

xx

Mind if I join you lovely ladies?

The last bit I've read/reading:

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick which is a YA book about fallen angels and I'm on the second in the series called Crescendo. They are ok books if you like this genre.

I'm also listening to on audio Picture Perfect by Jodi Picoult which I'm finding kind of dull to be honest. I've never finished a book by her as I started My Sister's Keeper before and couldn't get through it. I really don't see what the fuss is about with this author. Must not be my writing style. I will give her a few more chances after this maybe.

On my Kobo Vox I'm reading a YA book called The Alchemist: the Immortal Tales of Nicholas Flammel. So far it is pretty good.

Mockingjay: Just finished this before the current books. Didn't enjoy it nearly as much as the first two. Was still pretty good. Would give it 4/5.

Feast Of Crows: Was a little more difficult to get into then the others but still an excellent read. 4/5

The Forgotten Garden by Kate Mortan: Excellent story about a women trying to heal and find out the truth about her Grandmother's past. 5/5

The Kindness of Strangers by Katrina Kittle: Great writing about a very disturbing topic. If anyone wants to read it is really good but discusses child sexual abuse. 5/5

Sarum: The Novel of England by Edward Rutherford: Absolutely adore his writing. If you like historical novels he is really good. 5/5

Glass Houses: Book 1 of the Morgainville series. Not as good as I thought it would be. 3/5

Divergent by Veronica Roth: Really good YA novel. 4/5

Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese: Wasn't sure what to expect but really enjoyed this story. 4/5

The Help: Absolutely adored this book! I actually really liked the movie too. 5/5

The Kite Runner: Thought this was one of the best books I've ever read. 5/5 Really want to read others by him.
The Life of Pi: Really loved this book too! 5/5

Sea Captain's Wife: Beth Powning: Loved this book too! 5/5

The Pilot's Wife: Bleh not sure what all the hype about this book was for, didn't really care for the story but the writing was pretty good. 3/5

The Footprints of God by Greg Isle: 4/5

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett: Another favorite 5/5

A Thousand Splendid Sons is a really good book and by the same Author. I would personally say that it was better than The kite Runner even though I really enjoyed the both of them. :)

I think I'm going to order 1984 next by George Orwell, either that or the Rape of Nanking which a friend recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->