book worms : what have you been reading?

I have just finished a book about a girl that was trafficked into the sex industry from England to Amsterdam - i cant remember the exact title?

OMG what a completly harrowing book - i wanted to cry through the whole of it - it really is heartbreaking :-(

Am just having a look on Amazon for a few more books at the moment! Its becoming my favourite passtime - kindle shopping lol!

Weird, I finished reading this two days ago - was it about Sarah Forsyth? If so, then it was called Slave Girl and you're right, completely harrowing. I'd read 'Trafficked' by Sophie Hayes recently and I thought that was bad, but Slave Girl made it look like a walk in the park! I don't know why I do it to myself - the books just depress me really and you know there can be no happy ending for these poor women :(

Yep thats the one - it was just awful and im still thinking about it now - i too dont know why i read them - they just upset me, but i couldnt put it down. :cry:

I am reading my sisters keeper at the moment. I am really enjoying it!

I've just finished missing by Susan Lewis, was a really good read.
And with notting hill with love actually, which was basic chick lit but easy enough on the brain.

Just bumping this thread because i need book ideas!!

Great idea. I have 'A tree grows in brooklyn' downloaded but I haden't gotten a chance to start it yet. Too busy. But I love this thread because when I'm in a reading mood I need lots of suggestions!

I have just downloaded the night circus after recommendations on this thread! Looking forward to starting it!

I've been reading the Millenium trilogy at the moment, I've finished The girl with the Dragon Tattoo which I really enjoyed and am now half way through The Girl who played with fire, a bit slower to start but now I'm really enjoying it. :)

I've almost finished 'Me Before You' by Jo Jo Moyes and I'm going to be really sad when I've finished it, it's one of those hard to put down books, I don't want it to end. Weirdly, Gail Platt in Corrie is also reading it lol!! x

I'm reading How to be a woman by Cailtlin Moran. Its brilliant so far, very funny in my opinion.

So after finally finishing up the Song of Fire and Ice series and coming to terms with the fact that I'm going to have to likely wait years for the author to finish and put out the next one :( I've started to reread Margaret Atwood's Handmaid's Tale. It's one of my favorite books of all time, I love Atwood as an author, I suspect I'll finish this one in just a couple days and then can move on to Stephen Baxter and Terry Pratchett's The Long Earth for a lighter read.

I am reading two non fiction books at the moment, 'Simplicity Parenting' and 'A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics' which was written by this really groundbreaking nun and theologist.

Last book I read was Madeleine by Kate McCann and cried reading lots of it. Currently reading Before I go to sleep by SJ Watson which I am hooked on!

I read confessions of a GP last night, it was ok for light reading but nothing amazing.

The Queens Fool was a good read.

I've just started The Memory Keepers Daughter :)

Just downloaded the hunger games,I'll be out to get you all if its rubbish lol! Was a bit miffed as its £13.99 on iBooks and that's in French! I have a kindle app (yeah I don't get it either) and it was £3!

I have started reading A Feast for Crows (Fourth Book of Song of Fire and Ice Series)

I am reading "wicked girls" it really is a great book, about two girls that killed another child when they were younger and how there lives collide when they are older. Great book!

Come on people add yours!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"