book worms : what have you been reading?

I have just read 50 shades of gray in 2 days - bought it thurs, started reading thurs night once kiddies in bed, read again last night and this afternoon! I can't wait to go out and buy the next 2!!!

Im currently reading a book called The best exotic marigold hotel, there were was all this raving about it, and I find it is really dragging, The chapters are REALLY long and don't have full stops for pages and pages ... I have a thing about full stops and stopping reading :blush:

Im trying to get hold of a book called the women who went to bed for a year but I can't seem to find it for the kindle anywhere.

Im reading tales of a midwife atm. Only a few pages in so not really started it!

I've just finished Bloom: a memoir by Kelle Hampton

I cried at every page. It's about a mothers journey through the first year of her daughters life, a daughter who was born with Down syndrome. I read her blog regularly which is always fantastic but this was so full of emotion and honesty. Simply beautiful x

ETA: heres the link if anyone is interested in the blog x

https://www.kellehampton.com/

Almost finished with "Wolves in Chic Clothing"( Carrie Karasyov, Jill Kargman) and "Spider Bones"(Always love me some Kathy Reichs :haha:).

I have always had a book fetish. I have a pile of them on my nightstand.

I want to try a book by Kathy Reichs. I like that show Bones.

As for me - just finished Water for Elephants and now I'm back to reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (currently on the Fiery Cross).

Almost finished with "Wolves in Chic Clothing"( Carrie Karasyov, Jill Kargman) and "Spider Bones"(Always love me some Kathy Reichs :haha:).

I have always had a book fetish. I have a pile of them on my nightstand.

I want to try a book by Kathy Reichs. I like that show Bones.

As for me - just finished Water for Elephants and now I'm back to reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon (currently on the Fiery Cross).

I love her books. You would enjoy them. :thumbup:

I finally picked out my beach read for next week.
Prey by Michael Crichton. He also wrote Jurrasic Park. Super excited to start on it.

Ah I need to grab my kindle, I'm constantly reading but can never remember titles!

I didn't like the fifty shades trilogy though, I thought it was boring and unrealistic!

I am currently reading White Lies and Custard Creams, it was one of those 77p downloads on the kindle (of some random low price which convinced me to get it LOL) and its nt what I expected, its much better LOL

I quite enjoyed the easy read of Twilight series but could not get past first chapter of 'The Host'.

Really love all Michael Crichton books and enjoy Dan Brown too.

I cant rave enough about 'A Discovery of Witches' by Deborah Harkness. If you like witches and vampires its a must and maybe worth ago if you dont as was a fab read. Next book in series due out next month and have already preordered mine.

Also came across a book that i didnt think would be my cup of tea about prehistoric tribes - 'The Valley of Horses' by Jean M. Auel. It surprised me and i couldnt put it down although i have second in series and have not picked that up yet. Maybe waiting for the right time.

Looking for easy reading when baby is born, for night feeding so might try 50 shades then as have heard alot about them.

C.J Sansom's series about a 1540's lawyer. Absolutely brilliant reads, I'm on the 5th one. It's taken me just over a month to read the last 3 and that's with a 4 month old.

I started reading again a few months back, i have trouble sleeping so this is why i decided to read whilst in bed, only snag is i read books on my ipad and frighten of dropping it when i feel my eyes getting heavy, i am reading Simon Cowell at the moment Sweet Revenge by Tom Bower, it is quite a good read. Another book i have read is dunpeckham by Johnny Mack and now have gone on to purchase his other book Landed on the Moon, these i had to buy from a book shop as not available to download, I started reading his first book as soon as i purchased it, could not put it down until i had completly read the entire book in a day.

Ooooh another one i gotta add to the list...

Kiss Heaven Goodbye - read it in a week, couldnt put it down :thumbup:

Well last week I read the hunger games series id would give 3 stars for the series out of 5 its a good plot and outline but not as well written as other books ive read in the same genre.

This week:

Partials by dan wells- 5/5 stars this is the first new YA book ive really enjoyed in a while and cant wait for the next one

Storm born by richelle mead- 4/5 definiatly an adult book, very detailed sex scenes in it, overall a good book aome bits I found hard to read as it kind of droned on, the intimate scenes were brilliant though lol now just waitng for the rest of the series to arrive from amazon in the next couple days xx

Oh and ive been reading the latest game of thrones book on and off for the last month between other books x

I'm reading the fifty shades books and have just about finished the second one. I am finding it incredibly annoying, at times as it's so repetitive and I find myself skipping the sex scenes as there are just too many.

But at the same time I really want to know what happens to them and keep going back to it x

I'm currently reading fifty shades darker, and have the hunger games trilogy lined up next! :thumbup:

I couldn't get into the host either, I was so disappointed as I loved the twilight series! :nope:

I'm reading the fifty shades books and have just about finished the second one. I am finding it incredibly annoying, at times as it's so repetitive and I find myself skipping the sex scenes as there are just too many.

But at the same time I really want to know what happens to them and keep going back to it x

i skimmed through the sex bits from
the second book onwards too

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly