book worms : what have you been reading?

Just finished black dawn (book 12 of the morgainville vampire seriess), yes its abit young adulty but i secretly love it.. its my guilty pleasure along with the house of night series.

Before that i read water for elephants, which has lead me on the circus theme so my next to read is the night circus. Before i go to sleep was a good one, not as good as the reviews but i still enjoyed it.

Another book that I read recently that I forgot to mention was Tokyo by Mo Hayder. I think I would probablly give it 4 stars, it was a really good read and before reading A Thousand Splendid Sons I would have probably given it a 5.

I'm actually tempeted to buy a couple more of her books as a few of them seem to have really good reviews.

I don't think I will bother with the 50 Shades series - I'd probably be making fun of it the whole time :haha:

Just finished black dawn (book 12 of the morgainville vampire seriess), yes its abit young adulty but i secretly love it.. its my guilty pleasure along with the house of night series.

Before that i read water for elephants, which has lead me on the circus theme so my next to read is the night circus. Before i go to sleep was a good one, not as good as the reviews but i still enjoyed it.

the night circus is brilliant

before i go to sleep is on my to buy list too
glad to hear you enjoyed it

:thumbup:

I don't think I'm going to bother with 50 shade either.

I was wondering if anyone had read the new vampire diaries books? I read the 1st lot (cant remembr how many there were, 7 I think?) but in asda a few week ago I noticed there are 2 more out? A friend said the author had been sacked but I'm pretty sure they had her name on them? Dont want to be disappointed like those who loved twilight but not the host.

i've had to put my dear i wanted to tell you
back on the bookshelf, i can't get into it at all
sounds like it's been written by a 12 year old
bleurgh not impressed

:dohh:

i'm on harlan coben's live wire instead
fingers crossed it's better
not holding out much hope though

:haha:

Oooh i'm such a book worm!
I'll read anything although i do love sci-fi, i think i've exhausted Peter F Hamilton!
I've read the hunger games trilogy, really enjoyed them..
Currently almost finished the last Fifty shades book, i'm also skipping the sex scenes so i can find out what happens!
My all time favourite books are the Spoils of Time Trilogy by Penny Vincenzi.. Starts in the 1920s and follows generations of the same family.. i laughed and cried and cried even more when i finished them!
If anyone could recommend me some futuristic sci-fi it would be much appreciated!

i'm currently reading "she's never coming back" by Hans Koppel.
its a swedish thriller and really good, prob give it 4 stars out of 5!

got the latest kelley armstrong YA book to read next (guilty pleasure) think its called the calling. x

Livewire is good, but then again i like most of harlans books tbh.
Read the night circus yest and i enjoyed it alot :) .. im the same.. not going to bother with the shades of grey books.

hmm what to read now?

I'm currently re-reading The Wheel Of Time series by Robert Jordan in time for the release of the final book in January, I'm about a 1/4 of the way through book one so I can take my time with it :D It's my favourite series ever! x x x

Livewire is good, but then again i like most of harlans books tbh.
Read the night circus yest and i enjoyed it alot :) .. im the same.. not going to bother with the shades of grey books.

hmm what to read now?

might give you a few ideas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/w...=cm_wl_sortbar_o_page_1?_encoding=UTF8&page=1

ignore the statues lol
more books on the second page too

:flower:

[CENTER
might give you a few ideas

https://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/w...=cm_wl_sortbar_o_page_1?_encoding=UTF8&page=1

ignore the statues lol
more books on the second page too

:flower:[/CENTER]

Thankyou, ive wrote down the cecelia ahern one etc ive liked some of hers in the past. We must have the same taste in books as ive got about 4 or 5 of them youve added already waiting to be read on my kindle.

Breaking the silence is good btw. :)

I am a thriller kind of girl and can recommend books from;

Lee Child, Harlan Coben, Karin Slaughter, Kathy Reichs, Linwood Barclay

For nice easy reads I like;

Jodi Picoult, Jill Mansell, Cathy Glass

But what I tend to do at the minute is purchase the free books on Kindle and the ones for 99p and they tend to be really good, and broadens my reading material. I will come back later with titles of good cheap books to download on the Kindle.

just finished live wire
quite enjoyed it
will stick a review on the front page

would have finished sooner but i got distracted by
johnny depp for about 5 hours last night
shame :winkwink:

my hunger games trilogy came this afternoon
so will crack on with that once emily's in bed

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I have been away so I thought I would have been able to finish the book I have been reading but I ended up not sitting down all the time we were away, so I am going to finish that tonight hopefully then I have 1000's of books to read as M's step dad got them for me lol.

Thought I'd be better asking book worms - but do you rate kindles??

Are all books available? I've been reading lots lately so hope that it might save me money and space!

I can't continue to read a book where I either can't get along with the story or the style of writing - I've just given up for both reasons on Notes From an Exhibition by Patrick Gale.

Just started The Thread by Victoria Hislop - I liked her others and am hopeful for this.

Thought I'd be better asking book worms - but do you rate kindles??

Are all books available? I've been reading lots lately so hope that it might save me money and space!

i don't have one, i prefer holding a book but as far
as i've seen you can get pretty much anything in an e-book
and they tend to be alot cheaper than paperbacks
well new ones anyways

everyone i know with one LOVES it
not alot of help am i lol

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members