book worms : what have you been reading?

I got a kindle for christmas and love it. I do what someone else said and download the free ones or ones that are really cheap, had a few 77p ones. I have a cover for it that has a front that opens like how you would open a book I guess so it doesnt feel so small and flimsey, more like a book. You do need a light though if you like reading in bed or whatever because it doesnt have a back light (less headaches)

Thought I'd be better asking book worms - but do you rate kindles??
Are all books available? I've been reading lots lately so hope that it might save me money and space!

I'm wondering this too. Was thinking of getting OH to get me one for Christmas but not sure whether I would get on with one? The main thing I'm thinking about is saving space.

I was looking at the Game of Thrones yesterday, not sure whether to order it or not yet?

I've just finished the latest true blood book, looking for something else now!
After all the hype I think I might get 50 shades :haha:

DH has got the hunger games books upstairs but ive not fancied reading them! Might give them a go while i find something else.

I would defiently give them a go. I never really read novels before only autobiographies and true life, but these have made me want to read more novels. I have just finished the triology and loved them. Am going to read fifty shades trilogy next. :thumbup:

Also just finished a couple of weeks ago now, A Thousand Splendid Sons, again loved the book and even though it was a novel it was based around true events. :) Am going to buy the Kite runner soon from the same author.

Love A Thousand Splendid Suns..still need to read KR.
x

Loved the kite runner, its brilliant although i did prefer A thousand splendid suns. They are the sort of books that stay with you.x

I've just finished the latest true blood book, looking for something else now!
After all the hype I think I might get 50 shades :haha:

DH has got the hunger games books upstairs but ive not fancied reading them! Might give them a go while i find something else.

I would defiently give them a go. I never really read novels before only autobiographies and true life, but these have made me want to read more novels. I have just finished the triology and loved them. Am going to read fifty shades trilogy next. :thumbup:

Also just finished a couple of weeks ago now, A Thousand Splendid Sons, again loved the book and even though it was a novel it was based around true events. :) Am going to buy the Kite runner soon from the same author.

Love A Thousand Splendid Suns..still need to read KR.
x

Loved the kite runner, its brilliant although i did prefer A thousand splendid suns. They are the sort of books that stay with you.x

My friend that borried me A Thousand Splendid Sons and is going to borrow me Kite Runner said the same about A Thousand Splendid Sons being the better book. She did say that Kite Runner was defiently worth a read though. :)

I don't think I'm going to bother with 50 shade either.

I was wondering if anyone had read the new vampire diaries books? I read the 1st lot (cant remembr how many there were, 7 I think?) but in asda a few week ago I noticed there are 2 more out? A friend said the author had been sacked but I'm pretty sure they had her name on them? Dont want to be disappointed like those who loved twilight but not the host.

Ive read the new vampire diaries books and can tell you they are rubbish, LJ smith only did the outline for the books they were written by a ghost writer she has hired to help her write all her books, these last two are so bad compared to the ones she wrote herself x

LOVE the kindle and love the sample idea app as many times I have thought I would like something that I didnt! The sample saved me paying!

I don't think I'm going to bother with 50 shade either.

I was wondering if anyone had read the new vampire diaries books? I read the 1st lot (cant remembr how many there were, 7 I think?) but in asda a few week ago I noticed there are 2 more out? A friend said the author had been sacked but I'm pretty sure they had her name on them? Dont want to be disappointed like those who loved twilight but not the host.

Ive read the new vampire diaries books and can tell you they are rubbish, LJ smith only did the outline for the books they were written by a ghost writer she has hired to help her write all her books, these last two are so bad compared to the ones she wrote herself x

Thank you I don't think I'll bother then

I LOVE my kindle. I thought I would never get into it because I kept thinking I liked the feel of a book, but as soon as I started using it I haven't been able to put it down.

almost finished the first hunger games book
really wish i'd brought them sooner, i can't
put the book down!

:happydance::happydance:

bloody brilliant, i've not seen the film either
so no idea what happens next, love it so far
even if i did cry a tad when rue died :blush:

put the book down!

what are the hunger game books about? debating buying them! :flower:

what are the hunger game books about? debating buying them! :flower:

there's a link of mine a few pages back (post 34)
the book people have them for £4.99 for the
trilogy, there's a free delivery code too, total bargain

it's basically about a nation that's divided into 12
districts and each year two teenagers, one boy one girl from each
district are picked out of a lottery to compete in a televised event where they fight
to the death until there's a victor, it's told by one of the contestants
and from what i gather she rebels against the gamemakers and refuses
to kill her final opponent and the story contines from there

explains it a bit better lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hunger_Games

:thumbup:

I've read about 5 books by Jane Green in the past few weeks, they are so addictive. They're chick lit but not at all predictable as most of them seem to be.

Thank you, will have to look her up. I am restricted to chick lit most of year because OH works away and i dont need my imagination to go wild with anything creepy. It would be nice to read something not so predictable. Any more suggestions would be appreciated. Chick lit or young adult :)

I love The Hunger Games :cloud9:

I'm not into ebook readers, nothing beats the satisfaction of curling up in bed with brand new book, hearing the spine creak as you open it for the first time and enjoying a good read on its perfectly smooth pages. I downloaded a few ebook on my iphone and its just not the same. I love looking at my mahoosive collection of books :cloud9: x x x

I love The Hunger Games :cloud9:

I'm not into ebook readers, nothing beats the satisfaction of curling up in bed with brand new book, hearing the spine creak as you open it for the first time and enjoying a good read on its perfectly smooth pages. I downloaded a few ebook on my iphone and its just not the same. I love looking at my mahoosive collection of books :cloud9: x x x

me toooooo!

don't forget the smell!

:cloud9::happydance::happydance:

I only had one Jane Green book but I liked it. One of the things I like about the kindle is I would find myself buying couple of books finishing then quickly and then having nothing to read for a while. This way I can just go and download another straight away.

I have to say though, I get that some people just like the feel and smell of a book. I'm like that with music. I don't download. I like to buy the CD open the case and smell inside LOL

put the book down!

I hadn't seen the film either, I think its better that way as if I know whats going to happen it seems a little pointless IMO. Can't wait till it comes out on DVD though. :)

I did expect them to get a bit repetitive as the trilogy went on but they didn't, book 3 was just as good as the first.

I loved the hunger games, the film is good but a few of the characters weren't how I imagined in the book, tho most of them were.

I wish there was more hunger games books, I was a bit gutted about the ending in book 3!

I finished The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel I would give it a 2/5 it took me ages to get into and then finished really abruptly.

I am now reading a free book I found on amazon called "spying in high heels" I am 28% through and I only started it earlier it seems good to me. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->