Breastfeeding Champions - need old and new members!

I'm only at the 3 month mark now but have been through a lot and would feel honored to help if I can here is my list:

Flat nipples - this was my biggest hurdle and I struggled to find others that had successfully bfed with flat nipples
Scabby/cracked/bleeding nipples
BF after emergency csection
Latch issues (due to flat nipples)
Sleepy newborn
10% weight loss

Thanks very much, Ladies! :friends:

These are great offers and will really add to the Champions. I truly appreciate your help.

bky, sorry that no one got back to you. :( I think the previous thread owner had gotten busy. That's why I took it over. Thank you for joining!

SP, I'd def say you qualify! :rofl:

lovealittle, you are definitely welcome! Having help for flat nipple issues will be wonderful. Did you have to use shields?

Anna M, totally OT, but I've always wondered.... Scissor Sisters?

Thank you to everyone!!!!! :flower:

What do you ladies think about creating a very brief "about you" blurb? I've always thought it would be hard for anyone reading the front page to know who to pick to contact! If it doesn't make the front page too huge, it might work? :shrug: Maybe it would work if we kept it to 50 words or less??

Thoughts, opinions?

I'll do mine so you have an idea of what I mean:

"TigerLady: I have breastfed both my DS and DD after scheduled c-sections. I AP, co-sleep, and work full time. I BFed while pg and tandem nurse. I have experience with extended BFing, expressing, thrush, cracked/blistered/bleeding nipples, BLW, NIP, blocked ducts, and increasing supply."

No I was too worried to use shields as I knew they could affect my supply and I didn't want to have to wean him off of them so I just trucked through. My nipples were slowly pulled out which resulted in huge cracks as the new tissue formed but now I have pointy nipples.

Here is my blurb: I am ebf my ds after emergency section. I started out with flat nipples and dealt with cracked, bleeding and scabbed nipples due to a sleepy newborn and bad latch. DS also had 10% weight loss. We cosleep and babywear. I'm happy to help!

i would be happy to do it if your have me! lol
my probs were:
- 11% weight loss between birth and day 3
- significant tongue tie
- flat and inverted nipples
- being engorged
- using nipple shields and weaning off them after 4 weeks
- biting when he cut his teeth

wow i've had issues lol

So sorry that I've been MIA recently :( Work is so hectic it's unreal. I'm still happy to be included as a Champion, if you'll have me :)

Alyssa is going strong at 25 months, no signs of wanting to self-wean.
She was a slow weight gainer and we had to face an ignorant GP who dismissed us with "just give her formula" and didn't want to listen to us.
I have had blocked ducts and a bout of mastitis.

x

I would love to be a champion- I am hoping to train as a BF councellor. I exclusively BF Elliot until he was 6 months (and am still going but weaning now!), I guess my specialities would be actively delaying weaning to 6 months haha (sounds silly but was hard work and would love to discuss BF in terms of weaning -I don't mean medically obviously but ways I coped if this makes sense- ?) and being a 'younger' BF (22-3) xxx

My blurb: I'm Stacey, 23 and exclusively breastfed my big 91st centile baby until he was 6 months old- now extending BF. I have experience in expressing, co-sleeping, delaying weaning, and TW.

Thanks for the kick up the bum TL, I've been slacking about checking the champion thread recently :blush:

I can help with:

BF & co-sleeping
Expressing
Difficulty getting LO to accept bottle/cup
Extended feeding (nearly a year now and no plans to stop)

And I've trained as a BF peer supporter, so I've got lots of info in a folder for when I don't know the answer to something :haha:

I'd be happy to be a champion although I don't seem to find the time these days to pop onto the threads as much as before. I'd be more than happy to answer pms etc though and will pop onto the thread when I can.

I can help with:

- baby weight loss and slow weight gain
- baby not able to latch in early days
- expressing
- nursing strikes
- extended nursing strike / early self-weaning

:flower:

I would like to help! Issues with 10%+ weight loss and jaundice, and the dreaded thrush.

Hello :hi:

Still happy to be a bf champion.

Here are my credentials ;) :

Expressed for 5 weeks after emcs whilst Sofia was in NICU. She was tube fed for 3 weeks (with bottle feeds introduced at beginning of 3rd week as they still had to monitor exactly how much she consumed). By 3rd week I was able to try bf for first time, by 5 weeks she was exclusively bf (we dropped the bottles of ebm).

I fell pregnant when she was 8 months old, she had 2 weeks of fussing on the breast before I knew I was pregnant, she then weaned at 13 months, mostly I think because my milk stopped due to pregnancy. During pregnancy she would often latch on if I was naked, but there was nothing there. She was happy with cow's milk.

When Alejandro was born she started bfing again, so now I tandem bf (although have never actually needed to feed at the same time).

Alejandro refused a bottle, I've tried every day for the last 3 months - yesterday and today he finally took one :happydance:

I very happily NIP.

Annnd I like to write essays ;)

Im a full time expresser, not sure if that counts but id love to be one!

Tilliepink, that totally counts!!!!!! We need more Champions that have experience with full time expressing. It is very very very hard work! Support is essential. As are reality checks of just how hard it can be. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->