Breastfeeding Champions - need old and new members!

ohhh... I was a champion from bfing my first for 13 months. Just started again with my 2nd but it's only been 4 weeks. I think you should remove me because I'm just not consistant enough in my BnB time to ensure that I'll be available if someone is in need.

Of course, I'm always willing to help, I just don't want to commit and then not be available in a pinch.

Tigerlady it is a a very boring story. I couldn't think of a username and SS were on the radio as I registered.... :haha:

Codegirl, congrats on the new baby!! :happydance: If you ever get more time and find yourself around more, I'd be happy to add you back. :flower:

Tigerlady it is a a very boring story. I couldn't think of a username and SS were on the radio as I registered.... :haha:

:rofl: They actually play SS on the radio over there?? I love them, but it is hard to find anyone in the US that has actually heard of them. :roll: They are soooooo much fun to see live!

Codegirl, congrats on the new baby!! :happydance: If you ever get more time and find yourself around more, I'd be happy to add you back. :flower:

:rofl: They actually play SS on the radio over there?? I love them, but it is hard to find anyone in the US that has actually heard of them. :roll: They are soooooo much fun to see live!

SS were (are??) huge in Europe!!

There was a big fuss around them when they first came out, think they're pretty popular still. Well I like them anyway and that's all that counts obviously.

:rofl:

I think they are a little too.... hmm... "out there" for mainstream US. :roll:

Ooh me! I BF DS1 for 7 months, DS2 for 12.5 months, DS3 for a total of 5.5 months (inc combi feeding due to him having severe allergies) and this LO for 3 months. The issues I have had to deal with, with them are

-flat nipples and very large boobs
-tongue tie/high arched palate in two of my babies
-prolonged neonatal jaundice the longest being for 16 weeks with my eldest (and its something so often falsely blamed on BF)
-BF and elimination diets due to allergies/intolerances in the baby

I would love to help someone continue to BF despite these types of problems xx

ETA: My blurb

I'm a mum of four lovely boys all BF for several months; the longest time being for 12.5 months. Two of my boys have had problems latching due to tongue tie/high arched palate, I also have a lot of personal experience with prolonged neonatal jaundice and negativity from health professionals with regard to continuing to breastfeed a jaundiced baby. All of mine have had food intolerances/allergies via my milk to a certain degree and with this baby I have had to undertake a process of elimination to find out what was causing him various worrying symptoms, it has been hard but it has been 100% worth it for my little one and now he is symptom-free and a thriving and chunky 3 month old.

My blurb:

After an emergency c-section, delayed milk (day 6), low supply (had to give formula topups), cracked and bleeding nipples, failed finger feeding which led to dehydration and early introduction of a bottle at day 4, slow weight gain and a newborn who wouldn't wake for feeding I am still going strong. I also express and donate my milk to a baby in need.

My problems have been:

-C-section.
-Poor latch.
-Cracked bleeding nipples.
-Large breast.
-Flat nipples.
-Blocked duct.
-more tha 10% weight loss.
-donating breast milk.
-Exclusive expressing.

After strugling with a poor latcher I pumped exclusively with my DS who is now 4 for 6 months, After having my DD December 2010 and suffering from poor latch, cracked bleeding nipples, large breast, flat nipples, blocked duct, more than a 10% weight loss and having a c-section, I decided that I would pump exclusively for her as well and plan on making it to 9 months and then using my large freezer stash to get to 12 months. Im also donating my breast milk to a fellow Canadian mom.

put me down please!

NICU experience
pumping
c-sect
tongue tie
poor latch
jaundice
re-lactating
Failure to thrive/supply issues
BF 1yr
combo BF/FF

i think ive done it all BUT BF a toddler :thumbup:

I would like to be a champion. I had been bf for 19 mths. I had an oversupply issue and it would choke LO he also had a slight tounge tie but we didn't need to get it fixed.

You probably already have enough people, but if you need more let me know!
Things I dealt with:

Getting BF established with baby who could not suck/latch initially
Dairy protein allergy (both Bun and I are dairy-free)
Supply issues due to my excessive weight loss (I went on a serious weight gain regimen to get my weight up high enough to keep supply. I had lots of issues with BF dropping my weight and hurting my supply)
Extended Breastfeeding (going on 17 months)
BF whlle pregnant!! (Though it's only been a few weeks!! :happydance:)

me!:hi:

Teen breastfeeding mom. Work full time, express milk for then. Other than that exclusively breast feed the rest of the time.

Hello :) yes i'm still more than happy to be on the list. I can be added to tandem now too :happydance:

i'm happy to remain on, can't remember if i've put any specialities but if not i can defo help with:
- generic questions
- overactive letdown
- overactive supply
- poor latch
- sore, cracked nipples
- expressing
- returning to work
- breastfeeding whilst pregnant

I'm happy to carry on :flower:

I'll prob be contacting some of you in a few months as whilst I know the ins and outs and tricks of the trade of exclusively expressing after doing it for 14 months I'm totally in the dark when it comes to direct breastfeeding :haha:

I don't get on as much as I used to, but im happy to still be a champion x my area is feeding after a section and general anxieties x x

Ooooh yes please, im an old school member, and soon to join the champs again within the next 9 weeks or so..

I bf, baby wouldnt latch on so I expressed for days, when baby sucked eventually she preferred one breast over the other cos one nipple was a bit flatter, and I also combine fed because of this, I BF for 4 months.

Thannnks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"