Breastfeeding Champions - need old and new members!

Hiya I don't necessarily want to be added on the list but I can help.

I sometimes had bloody discharge coming from nipples and nurses at first were like you might have aproblem bf but I've been bf for almost 6 months.
I can help if people are struggling at the beginning, first two weeks were rough(difficulty latching on) almost gave up,so my husband helped me a lot by relaxing me.

I had letdown syndrome so the poor thing put on a lot of weight and we had very short bf sessions then she had a very irregular feeding and I had too much milk, tried to express with breast pump and produced even more.

Experience with breast pump and hand expressing.

Now she mainly bf with some ff if I'm away and she's on solid as well twice per day. And I still get engorgements sometimes, apparently I have loads of milk.
So feel free to ask anything.

I'm not sure from this -- do you want me to add you to the front page? I will, if you'd like. Or you can just subscribe to the thread and help out where you can. Let me know! Either way works..

Mork, Muddles, and Lori -- I've added you. Please subscribe to the thread if you haven't already. Welcome! :flower:

Hiya I don't necessarily want to be added on the list but I can help.

I sometimes had bloody discharge coming from nipples and nurses at first were like you might have aproblem bf but I've been bf for almost 6 months.
I can help if people are struggling at the beginning, first two weeks were rough(difficulty latching on) almost gave up,so my husband helped me a lot by relaxing me.

I had letdown syndrome so the poor thing put on a lot of weight and we had very short bf sessions then she had a very irregular feeding and I had too much milk, tried to express with breast pump and produced even more.

Experience with breast pump and hand expressing.

Now she mainly bf with some ff if I'm away and she's on solid as well twice per day. And I still get engorgements sometimes, apparently I have loads of milk.
So feel free to ask anything.

I'm not sure from this -- do you want me to add you to the front page? I will, if you'd like. Or you can just subscribe to the thread and help out where you can. Let me know! Either way works..

Yes sorry I wasn't really clear yes you can add me. Thanks

I'd love to be of any help at all :thumbup:

I haven't really had any issues apart from a baby with allergies, so I have had to alter my own diet to remove dairy and soy.

I know there a couple of ladies already who can help with this issue but I'd like to join in too. :flower:

*off to subscribe*

Dont know if i will qualify as a champion but id be happy to help out. I managed to feed LO in some form untill 4 months.

Baby refused to latch untill 6 weeks old.
Fed with nipple shields
Large breasts
Baby with weak suck
Combi fed with formula due to not being able to express with a bottle and a SNS.

shareema, RedRose, and lozzy, I've added you! Thanks! :flower:

lozzy -- what is SNS?? :blush:

Apologies, just read this. I don't have time at the moment so have removed the blinker in my signature.

xx

I'm returning after a long time away from the forum, I'd love to be on the list if you still need champions! He's still nursing at two years old so I think I meet the 3-month BF'ing requirement ;) Happy to talk about any and all of what I've experienced in the last two+ years of nursing a high-needs baby/toddler:

Darwin was a preemie, born by c-section, we had issues with latching... the first six weeks were HELL (cracked nipples, nursing marathons, etc.) I've had mastitis, and am a long-term BF'er (if that's the term).

I'd love to join in...how do I do this?

I'm down to BF 2x/day since DS was about 12-13 mos and we're still going...he's 16 mos now! I didn't think I would BF past 12 mos (if I made it that far), but here we are. Haven't dealt with any major problems...blocked ducts for a bit and when he got his top teeth I've been properly bitten 4 times, drawing blood and all, but we kept at it.

Would love a blinkie and to be helpful to anyone else if I can! x

Yes, I can be a champion. However, I can't get on this thread often. It's hard with twins and working part time. But, I am up for Private messages anytime to answer questions. I'm still breastfeeding my almost 18 month old twins. We mostly do tandem and are down to only 1 feed before bedtime.

I would like to be a champion. I am coming up to 3 months BF and have some experiences and support/help to pass on...

Small nipples/poor latch at the beginning
milk late coming in/increasing supply in first couple of weeks
Poor initial weight gain
Needing expressed top-ups
blocked ducts

Me please :) I've been BF for 3 months on Sunday :)

Special areas- expressing

I'd love to be a champion but I don't think I qualify :sad1:
I exclusively BF for 9 weeks until LO's allergies to dairy, eggs, wheat and my own milk beat us. I was on the elimination diet for 6 of those 9 weeks.
In that time I dealt with poor latch and sleepy feeding (my LO didn't latch or feed properly in the first 24h) which led to low supply, fm/hm imbalance, thrush, vasospasm (Reynard's syndrome) I pumped alongside feeding from 4 days old.

Anyway, I guess I kinda failed for LO and me, but if I can help anyone I'd love too, I'm on pretty much daily.

I wouldn't mind being a champion if you're still looking for members. I'm still nursing my 9 month old. So far I have dealt with, plugged ducts, nursing while pregnant, and refusal to nurse on one breast (I pretty much am only able to nurse on one side now). I also have experience with pumping, bottle refusal, and co-sleeping.

I would love to help. i went through a lot trying to begin breastfeeding and in mexico the doctors, nurses, fellow mothers....everyone is pro formula. I would cry at night wondering what I was doing wrong and why nobody would help me. If it wasn't for bnb and the baby group I joined here I would have had to give up and never would have gotten to breastfeed my child.

Specialties:
Flat nipples
Poor latch
Tongue tie
Pumping
Low supply/ increasing supply
Co sleeping

Ill defiantly do it :)

i haven't had any complications with BF except for extreme engorgement. my first i breast fed until he was 6 months old than weaned him as he was a difficult babe right from the beginning he never wanted to latch properly it took a while.. i had to hand express for the first week that he was born :(

My second im on just over 8 months and going strong we NIP and he latched like a pro right from the beginning . :thumbup: and i never even tried formula with him tell he was 6 months old, and he has only had one bottle of it, and we plan on nursing for a while longer :)

oh and with my second baby ive delt with Cluster feedings and CO sleeping and NIP and Nursing him back to health when he had Jaundice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->