Breastfeeding Champions - need old and new members!

:happydance: Thanks for joining, Au!

Congrats, Lynnikins!!! :flower:

i would be happy to offer support :D

i had an emergency c section and a baby that would not latch at all for first few days, so i had to hand express and syringe feed. we continued with latch problems for many weeks and we are just a week short of 6months ebf :D
x

TL if you want any more champions I'm happy to help. You supported me so much in the early days I'd love to pass on what i now know.

We've overcome latch problems, cracked and painful nipples (resulting in the need for nipple shields), blocked ducts and mastitis and are now still BF and hoping to continue beyond 2 years if LO allows. I nurse in public, used to part time co-sleep (but now LO STTN) and I'm a single mum so I've done this with very little help.

Thanks, TC! :D I've added you. Go ahead and subscribe to the Champs thread, too, if you don't mind.

EVERYONE: The Champ front page is mostly updated. I still need to add links to profile pages, though. When you get a chance, find your name, look at what it says and make sure it sounds right. If you need to make any changes, let me know.

:flower:

Hey can u add me still? I can deal with large boobs, mastitis, thrush, tongue tie, extended feeding, positioning, emergency c section baby, medical drugs when feeding, expressing, manual expressing, anything really am a Breastfeeding peer supporter for bfn so am glad to help. X

cool :thumbup: so i need to subscribe to the support thread and post in there right? do you need anything else? Thanks TL :thumbup:

The Champions thread needs updating. Some of the members are still active and some are not.

If you are an old Champion please let me know if you'd still like to be on the list.

If you are interested in becoming a Champion, please let me know. The general guideline is to BFed for 3 months before becoming a Champion. Also, please let me know what "specialties" you would like to help with.

If you are a Champion, old or new, even just helping answer questions on the Champion thread would be helpful! The more views, opinions, and advice we can give, the better we can help!

Thanks, Ladies!!! :flower:

Hiya,

I would be happy to help :)

I am going to train in BF Support as soon as the course comes up in my local area :)
I've overcome latching problems, weaning off nipple shields and refusing to latch.

MrsQ and BB, I added you, thank you! :flower:

ellie, yup, just subscribe to the thread and answer any questions you can.

There's been a great deal of more Champ activity on the thread in the last week or so. Thank you so much!

I just had a thought (it doesn't happen often) :haha:

I am a single parent and bfing with zero support is at times bloody awful!! could you update me to breastfeeding as a single parent or something :thumbup:

If you need any more I would love to join! I've been bf'ing for 11 months now, so I'd say I have general experience though we never had latch issues or anything :)

Added you. :flower: Go ahead and subscribe the to thread if you don't mind. :)

Oh, could you also add onto my thingy that we co-sleep :) Thankyou! X

I'd love to be a bf champion if you still need people? I have been breastfeeding for just over 11 months.

Me too - we are almost at 11 months of exclusive bfing following an emergency c section, i have had mastitis too and am ttc x

Hi, I'd like to do it. We've breastfed for 8 months and counting (plan to go until he self weans). We've had issues with and overcome; oversupply, undersupply, forceful let down reflex, mastitis, pump expressing, hand expressing, lop sided boobs, latching on... I'll have a think if there's anything else. :) Oh and we're co sleepers.
Oh and he fed hourly for at least three months! Day an night! Slowed down at about 4 months.

Hiya I don't necessarily want to be added on the list but I can help.

I sometimes had bloody discharge coming from nipples and nurses at first were like you might have aproblem bf but I've been bf for almost 6 months.
I can help if people are struggling at the beginning, first two weeks were rough(difficulty latching on) almost gave up,so my husband helped me a lot by relaxing me.

I had letdown syndrome so the poor thing put on a lot of weight and we had very short bf sessions then she had a very irregular feeding and I had too much milk, tried to express with breast pump and produced even more.

Experience with breast pump and hand expressing.

Now she mainly bf with some ff if I'm away and she's on solid as well twice per day. And I still get engorgements sometimes, apparently I have loads of milk.
So feel free to ask anything.

I'd love to!

I had a breast reduction a few years ago and have managed to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months (EVERYONE pushed me to formula feed, saying that they'd never seen anyone successfully breastfeed without supplementation after a reduction). I pumped 8-10 times a day for months and did everything I could think of to increase supply, so I could be a good cheerleader for someone going through the same.

Simon also had reflux, so breastfeeding through that was a challenge.

Hope I can be helpful :flower:

I'd love to!

I had a breast reduction a few years ago and have managed to exclusively breastfeed for 6 months (EVERYONE pushed me to formula feed, saying that they'd never seen anyone successfully breastfeed without supplementation after a reduction). I pumped 8-10 times a day for months and did everything I could think of to increase supply, so I could be a good cheerleader for someone going through the same.

Simon also had reflux, so breastfeeding through that was a challenge.

Hope I can be helpful :flower:

Really well done for proving them all wrong! You have a lucky baby :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"