Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

AF showed for me whoot!!!!!!! I am very excited, I called the clinic.

Thanks! I am very excited. Cramps seem to be gone this morning which is great, I just hope my flow is it's usual 3 days long with a day of spotting and not like last cycle where it was 4 days long with 4 days of spotting, not quiet sure why it was so crazy last month.

no sign of :af: whatsoever. Its as if the lining of my uterus has reabsorbed itself! me thinks this could take weeks to kickstart things :(

mine neither :(.....Im gonna test tomorrow though, wish me luck!

If theres no BFP, Im gonna have to re think things...I may have to night wean completly :(

I wish we were able to night wean. That might have brought on AF for us. It's so hard that mine gets so hungry at night. Last night was another eating for an hour at 1am night. I eventually got up to give her solid food as well. I wish I could figure out a way to fill her up at dinner, but she already eats loads. :(
Started Soy yesterday, I'll let you all know in 10-15 days or so how I get on. :?

Sorry AF arrived Cookie! :growlmad:

Good luck Kelly9 - hoping the clinic get things going & this cycle will be the one for you!!

Lucy, you better be on BnB with an update asap :haha:

Bky, just an idea, but I've really upped my LO's solids, giving him a larger evening meal + yoghurt or pureed fruit, then a small portion of porridge before getting him dressed for bed. Then I BF him to sleep. That seems to have reduced the night feeds a bit (still feeding in the night, but for less time & less often, it's more of a comfort thing to get him back off to sleep, rather than a hungry feed, I think), though I don't know how long it will last. Good luck

I think I'm in the tww, possibly 3 DPO, I'm assuming I did Ov & that I missed my surge. Damn OPKs!! :growlmad: Oh well, at least it's a lesson learned - always read the instructions :haha:

Yeah I let mine eat as much as she wants, then BF her to sleep. I've also tried putting extra butter or cream cheese, avocado etc into her evening food, but it doesn't seem to help. *sigh*

Bky techinically a baby doesn't need to night feed after 6-7 months of age so maybe if you just don't give in for a couple of nights or cut back on the number of feeds slowly and put up with the fussing then your lo one will start eating more in the day time. It may be brutal for the first couple of nights but a child won't let themselves starve so she'll start increasing what she eats in the day on her own when she realizes that she won't be getting as much at night. It may sound mean to some but it may be the only way to break the cycle especially since she doesn't need the night time feeds. And by cutting out only some on a gradual basis she won't have to go cold turkey all at once and neither will you. Just a suggestion.

It's not every night, and it's a semi recent development that it's gotten much worse. She used to only have a 15ish minute feed sometimes between 1am and 4am. Now, probably 5 days out of 7 she just wants a bit of comfort, but the other two range between BF for a solid hour of swapping sides to me actually having to get up and out of bed and feed her a banana or something (after her being awake for 2 hours already, at least 1 of which BF) before she can go back to sleep. This has only really been like this (excessive night eating) for maybe the past 2 months. Maybe coinciding with walking? which she's gone from taking her first steps to walking everywhere in the past month alone. As for her eating more during the day she eats 3 meals and at least 2 snacks (often a snack is a whole banana). I know kids should be able to go without eating overnight, but she is frequently hungry during the day (often every 2 hours) so I think it's more of a developmental thing.

Well whatever you think is best is for sure best, I hope it will sort out for you :hugs:

Well :bfn: For me :cry:

So night weaning from monday, I want to do whats best for my baby, and some might think thats complete feeding for as much as she wants until 2 (the department of health recommends this), However, im of the opinion a sibling close in age is far more important than the milk she doesnt really need over night :(

So hasw anyone got any tips/ideas of how to start night weaning?, I will also be stopping herself comfort suckling from monday too x x

Great news Kelly :happydance:!!! Lucy - did you :test: yet?
I have been reading all your entries re night feeds. Jonah feeds 2-3x at night (co-sleeping) and I dont think offering him extra solids b4 bed or during the night would help as it feels to me like he is doing it for comfort more then hunger. I have zero tolerance to leave him cry if he wants to bf so will have to wait it out :wacko: he also does not eat huge amounts in day time and Im sure this is partly related to bf at night. I return to work in 5 weeks so there will be 10+ hrs of no bf then. Maybe that will bring on :af:???

Well :bfn: For me :cry:

So night weaning from monday, I want to do whats best for my baby, and some might think thats complete feeding for as much as she wants until 2 (the department of health recommends this), However, im of the opinion a sibling close in age is far more important than the milk she doesnt really need over night :(

So hasw anyone got any tips/ideas of how to start night weaning?, I will also be stopping herself comfort suckling from monday too x x

sorry Lucy just read this. Sorry for BFN. its so frustrating I know. :hug: good luck with night weaning my friend....

Sorry about the bfn. As far as weaning goes, drop one at a time giving yourself not fewer then 3-5 days. I gave myself a week or little more because I am more succeptable to clogged ducts Being she is over a year the after bed time feedings could be where you would start. It's a little tough and emotional but it gets better. And remember you are an amazing mom and are doing nothing wrong. I beat myself up over it but we are at one morning one night time feed and we are both happier for it. And after a year they don't need it it's just good for them. I hope things go very smoothly for you both. And that havinf less feeds gets your cycle back in order. :hugs:

Sorry about the bfn. As far as weaning goes, drop one at a time giving yourself not fewer then 3-5 days. I gave myself a week or little more because I am more succeptable to clogged ducts Being she is over a year the after bed time feedings could be where you would start. It's a little tough and emotional but it gets better. And remember you are an amazing mom and are doing nothing wrong. I beat myself up over it but we are at one morning one night time feed and we are both happier for it. And after a year they don't need it it's just good for them. I hope things go very smoothly for you both. And that havinf less feeds gets your cycle back in order. :hugs:

I hope I will be ok when I go back to work. Most of my bf takes place in the evening so hoping I wont develop any duct blocking issues. LO wont take formula so Im waiting till next week (he will be 2 weeks off 1st bday) to start my cows milk in the beaker/cup campaign! I have my doub ts about how well it will be received...

I may take my pump to work though just in case the urge to express becomes overbearing...

OMG just found baby on balcony. he crawled into our bedroom and I forgot door was open. Balcony is barred but still u never know. Got fright +++ Jeez..........

OMG just found baby on balcony. he crawled into our bedroom and I forgot door was open. Balcony is barred but still u never know. Got fright +++ Jeez..........

:shock: Eeeeek!!! Glad baby is safe! That would scare me.
We used to live in an apartment with a balcony with doors in the bedroom and livingroom. I used to triple check them to make sure they were closed as I was pretty sure the railings weren't safe. I think I would have had a heart attack seeing that! :haha:

I am still shaking!!! I dont think there was any way he could have fallen as spaces are very narrow and railings are secure but now I have these shocking images going thru my mind. Im going to be all OCD about those doors now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->