Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Hi all,

Nice to meet you Lindblum and Torz! I am still bfng very frequently. LO (age 11m) is asking for it 3-4 times a day and that is before he goes on a binge between 6pm and 8pm - feeds about 3 times and even that is before the night feeds- I have lost count of those. So I think the chances of me ovulating any time soon ar virtually nil.
:(
I think last months +ve OPK was a fluke- or at least a rebound thing after having mirena removed. I am not convinved I released a viable egg as if I had I would have had an :af: ???
Could anyone give me some info about vitex? Could I just start taking it or would I need to wait for an :af:? Would it help
xxxxxxxxx?

For those who are interested my siggy re treatment has been update :)

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
It's all go now then!!! FX for you!!!

Curly - I tired Vitex & Macca for a few weeks before AF came back but started getting bad headaches so stopped. I think it's ok to start it before AF comes back. I really think what kicked started my AF coming back was when my LO STTN for 2 weeks.

Well my AF arrived - EVIL, pure evil. I forgot how bad my PMT gets. I had a 32 days cycle, but my LP was only 9 days too so I've started on vit B6 & EPO - hopefully if nothing else they may help the PMT :shrug:

Nice to meet the new ladies :flower: Good luck to you!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:
It's all go now then!!! FX for you!!!

Curly - I tired Vitex & Macca for a few weeks before AF came back but started getting bad headaches so stopped. I think it's ok to start it before AF comes back. I really think what kicked started my AF coming back was when my LO STTN for 2 weeks.

Well my AF arrived - EVIL, pure evil. I forgot how bad my PMT gets. I had a 32 days cycle, but my LP was only 9 days too so I've started on vit B6 & EPO - hopefully if nothing else they may help the PMT :shrug:

Nice to meet the new ladies :flower: Good luck to you!

Kelly9 - very exciting news! I'm delighted that things are finally moving for you. Looking forward to hearing your updates!!

Mum22G - just a word of warning re EPO, the month that I took it I had an anovulatory cycle. I'm sure it was probably coincidence but just letting you know just in case. I found that B6 really helped with my LP, I took a B complex as well as taking high-dose B6 on its own can apparently lead to B12 deficiency.

Thank you - you just reminded me I need to buy some B complex.

Can you remember how much EPO you were taking? I read mixed reports about it. Some said that 2000mg helps ov & EWCM, but if you take too much (3000mg) then it can delay ov? Thank you for the warning, I was in 2 minds about the EPO :flower:

My first few cycles naturally had short lp's but they corrected themselves in time, well until I started taking motilium.

I have another follicle scan tomorrow but my one from yesterday showed 18 follies! Thats a lot! There will likely be a few more at this next scan to.

Thank you - you just reminded me I need to buy some B complex.

Can you remember how much EPO you were taking? I read mixed reports about it. Some said that 2000mg helps ov & EWCM, but if you take too much (3000mg) then it can delay ov? Thank you for the warning, I was in 2 minds about the EPO :flower:

I was only taking 1500 mg so I thought it would be fine. I had loads of EWCM throughout most of the cycle but no ovulation!! Maybe it wasn't the EPO at all though.

Great news Kelly :) It sounds like your bean factory is getting all geared up to go!! :dust: :dust:
Mum22- there is no way my LO would ever sleep through. He needs to suck to soothe. I have tried delaying offering it to him but the whimpering escalates and dont want to enter crying situations. :wacko:
So I stared taking vitex last night and will wait to see what happens.
I really want to conceive by January to be certain of a good maternity package. After then I start to near the end of my training so insecurity re jobs will kick in. Yikes! I have a feeling Im being unrealistic re the Jan target though :(

Great news Kelly :) It sounds like your bean factory is getting all geared up to go!! :dust: :dust:
Mum22- there is no way my LO would ever sleep through. He needs to suck to soothe. I have tried delaying offering it to him but the whimpering escalates and dont want to enter crying situations. :wacko:
So I stared taking vitex last night and will wait to see what happens.
I really want to conceive by January to be certain of a good maternity package. After then I start to near the end of my training so insecurity re jobs will kick in. Yikes! I have a feeling Im being unrealistic re the Jan target though :(

I totally understand with the STTN - I just got lucky for those 2 weeks, as since then my LO hasn't slept through & NEEDS boob to settle, some nights it's just once or twice, but then we have nights like last night where he woke literally every hour. I'm shattered as we stopped co-sleeping because DH's snoring kept waking LO, then I'd get my hair pulled & face scratched all night. Much more of this though & DH is on the sofa & LO will be co-sleeping full time again! :haha: I need some sleep!!

I just can't take the uncertainty, some nights he does so well then other nights it's awful. I dread going to bed!

I also feel your pain with the mat pay too. Ahh the stress!! Come on eggys help us out here!!!!:haha: :hugs:

My first few cycles naturally had short lp's but they corrected themselves in time, well until I started taking motilium.

I have another follicle scan tomorrow but my one from yesterday showed 18 follies! Thats a lot! There will likely be a few more at this next scan to.

WOW Great News! :hugs: That's lots of follies! Very promising! xx :D

Ugh.... Cd3 here! I was wondering... Is it possible to have af on time every month and not ov?? Klaire eats pretty much every three hours through the day and night... sometimes less during the day and sometumes more during the night. Could that cause me not to ov??? Even with a reg period?

Well the Soy didn't do anything except give me headaches. I may not have taken enough, but not going to use it to try and induce ovulation again.
I have been without AF for over 2 years now as I just passed the date from my LMP in 2009.
We are down to 2-3 times per day, all from 6pm to 6am, and nothing is going on at all. No cramping, nothing. I don't get it. A few months ago I at least had EWCM patches and cramping. So, now that I've got the sleep thing sorted a bit better, I'm going to work on weaning a bit more seriously. :( I guess at this point I've tried everything else.

If I can wean by October sometime we might be able to TTC by November. After nothing was happening by August I wasn't really keen to TTC until November anyhow as I'd like birthdays spread out some and didn't want another middle of winter baby if we can avoid it. November pushes us just into Spring.

:nope:

Anyhow, good luck everyone. :dust:

I'm CD2 here...bleurgh! AF is really horrible this time around...I feel all bloated and icky...this cycle I WILL get pg...I am determined!!

I'm CD20 and LO is starting to drop feeds (she does around ovulation then picks back up after), so I might be ovulation a couple days early. I normally on cd25, but it looks like it might be a bit early :D

Bky if you conceived in Nov then you would have a due date around sept for fall, and not spring. If you tested in Nov and get a bfp it would likely be an aug baby. I conceived Skyler in Oct and got my BFP in Nov.

Looks like I'll be triggering for egg collection a day early so TOMORROW! Providing all goes well.

Um, I live in New Zealand. I do actually know how long babies cook for.

Um, I live in New Zealand. I do actually know how long babies cook for.

LOL, I was confused too!

Sorry that the soy didn't work out. I read up on it but didn't really like the sound of it to be honest. Are you taking any other supplements, can't remember. It's annoying having to think about weaning before you are really ready to. Good luck with it and hopefully AF will show up soon and surprise you. Mine came back at 17 months.

I think Thomas might be weaning. He hasn't had a feed for the last two nights, he just didn't ask and I didn't offer. I'm really ready to wean to be honest. I've loved our breastfeeding journey but feel ready now to move on to the next stage.

Good luck tomorrow Kelly!!

I tried vitex, EPO, the nightlight trick, drastic changes to schedule, not BF for 12 hours at a time (still doing that with no results), cassava, various vitamins, changing my diet, and cutting down suck time to under 100 minutes per day.

Didn't try maca (too expensive here)...or complete weaning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->