Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Alia likes both my boobies haha I usually only give her one boob per feeding though because I have a very fast let down, she doesn't need to be choking on my milk twice per feed lol

My let down occurs in both breasts at the same time so he normally gets the squirting once but by the times he's good to go on the other side its much calmer. I've also started leaking again on the side that he's not latched on to when I feed him, I may need to pop a breast pad in occasionally. The Motilium is really working as far as bringing back my supply.

i think maybe i need to talk to a lactation consultant and get a prescription or something. i have been taking the over-the-counter herbs for better lactation, but i dont really think they are helping all that much. sounds like the ones from the doctor are much better though! i havent had to use a breast pad in ages. and when i went and pumped last session i got a whopping 2oz total...and that was 3 hours after the last time i had pumped... :(

I usually only get 3oz at a time when pumping and I have a great supply!

I was prescribed motilium or domperidone to help bring back my supply, I used to have a very good one but I got super sick over new years and only half recovered, plus with taking clomid it can inhibit milk supply so I was having issues. Now I can feed Skyler and then pump 3 ounces right after or at least I did tonight, I am sure it will calm down again soon, but it feels like when my milk first came in, if Skyler pulls off my breast he gets squirted in the face lol!

When I wasn't pumping very often though before I got sick I would get about 5-6 ounces from pumping after 4-5 hours.

I can still get about 6oz after half a night of my son (12 months) not feeding on one side and I love that but he always insists on nursing from both sides so I never get the chance to pump. (rarely anyway...) He's super picky with solids and would rather just hang out on a boob all day but I wish he wouldn't because I WANT to pump in order to increase my stash for going back to work/after he weans himself. I'm making the big assumption that he'll wean himself once I get pregnant with #2 and therefore I can give him my pumped milk for a little while but at this rate he'll probably still be nursing while I'm in delivery with the next one!! haha

AF came :(

On the plus-side that's a pretty regular cycle for a breastfeeder :) 31 days long. Before I conceived Amy it was 30 days long. So I'm quite pleased with that. It's the first time since giving birth that I've actually noted my cycle days although I had a rough idea I was having regular periods.

So guys, I've decided to make a TTC Journal! I hope you guys will consider making one too so we can become eachothers journal stalkers!

https://www.babyandbump.com/ttc-jou...ble-ttc-whilst-breastfeeding.html#post9064132

I already have a ttc journal it's with my parenting journal the link is in my siggy. My cycles were about 33-38 days post baby while bf'ing which isn't bad cause before they were 34 with o on cd 19 mostly. The clomid is making them around 30 days which is nice! Less waiting to ovulate this way.

My TTC journal is also blended with my parenting journal....link in siggy ;)

I usually only get 3oz at a time when pumping and I have a great supply!
is that after you feed your little girl? i pump 3-4 times (depending on if i can get one in right before work or not) at work between 730am-5pm and i usually only go home with about 7 oz total. :( then, at home im able to pump maybe twice between feedings to get another few ounces. overall...not adding up to enough to keep her fed for the full time she is at daycare. and so she gets some formula there...

it feels like when my milk first came in, if Skyler pulls off my breast he gets squirted in the face lol!
ahhh! i miss those days! i used to have a pretty good supply but something went drastically wrong somewhere along the way and despite all of my best efforts and taking every tip to increase it again, im stuck at this level. :-/

I can still get about 6oz after half a night of my son (12 months) not feeding on one side
6oz out of one side! i am sooo jealous!

Alia goes to bed at 8pm, and then I pump around midnight off the opposite side.....sometimes I'll pump in the morning and I can get 2-3 oz off one side at a time. But that's usually only after she's gone through the night without a feeding.

and you never have to supplement at all? i get a bit less than you still, maybe 2-3 ounces out of both sides combined after audrey has slept most of the night. but she its just not enough to satisfy her. she will drink 4-5oz every 3-4 hours at daycare, and i am just not producing that much. maybe shes just a very hungry little girl? :-/

Well I'm off work so Alia is home all day with me. So no, I don't have to supplement....she only gets bottles every once and awhile, I'm just pumping to build up a little stash for if DH and I want to go away for a weekend or something.

Alia will take about 5 ounces per feed when she does take a bottle :flower:

I wouldn't worry about having to give her formula once and awhile....no big deal! :hugs:

yea i was realy worried about it in the beginning, but the pediatrician reassured me that i am doing the best that i can and giving her all that i have. so i feel better now. but, at the same time, im beginning to see how expensive formula is, even when its just for a bottle or maximum 2 per day! i would have rathered increasing my supply so that we could manage completely off of breastmilk...better for her and cheaper for us! lol. but now, after a couple of months of trying everything under the sun to increase it, i dont think thats going to happen anymore.

I can get a good 6-8 out of one side if I've gone all night without feeding skyler. If thats the case Shannon I would talk to an LC or doc about getting some motilium I found it had helped a ton!!! I pumped 5 ounces after 4 hours then came home and fed Skyler and got another 4 ounces right after. I find he just doesn't drain me enough at the moment so to avoid a sore big boob I pump.

Tiffany could be getting a ton more because she has done it from the start.
Lactation said that you have to keep at pumping if thats what you want to do (if you didn't do it from the begining) because your boobs will act differently because a baby sucks different than a machine and you need to "warm up" to the pump. So, it could take time. you could be making more than you think. If nothing you can do what i did to find out if your output (with the pump is actually what your bean is getting). LC had me come in. She weighed Isaiah (clothes off) we fed on one side. She weighed him again. We fed on the other side. She weighed him again. The increase in his weight was the exact amount I was outputting, BUT i had done that since birth. If you havn't really pumped before, i think if you did this with your LC, you would find your LO is *probably* getting more than you think. But going by a pump output amount alone is not a good thing unless you've been doing it for a while.

I can get a good 6-8 out of one side if I've gone all night without feeding skyler. If thats the case Shannon I would talk to an LC or doc about getting some motilium I found it had helped a ton!!! I pumped 5 ounces after 4 hours then came home and fed Skyler and got another 4 ounces right after. I find he just doesn't drain me enough at the moment so to avoid a sore big boob I pump.
wow! okay i think i will make a call into the lactation consultant tomorrow to see if she can see me about this. i mean, i knew that i wasnt making much...but never realized how much more is possible. maybe im just doing something wrong or i need something to help me along a bit.

Tiffany could be getting a ton more because she has done it from the start.
Lactation said that you have to keep at pumping if thats what you want to do (if you didn't do it from the begining) because your boobs will act differently because a baby sucks different than a machine and you need to "warm up" to the pump. So, it could take time. you could be making more than you think. If nothing you can do what i did to find out if your output (with the pump is actually what your bean is getting). LC had me come in. She weighed Isaiah (clothes off) we fed on one side. She weighed him again. We fed on the other side. She weighed him again. The increase in his weight was the exact amount I was outputting, BUT i had done that since birth. If you havn't really pumped before, i think if you did this with your LC, you would find your LO is *probably* getting more than you think. But going by a pump output amount alone is not a good thing unless you've been doing it for a while.
i had heard this too that your supply can dip a bit once you start pumping, but ive been back to work and pumping religiously for 9 weeks now? can it really take that long for your body to get used to it? i think that she is getting more out than the pump for sure because when im home we nurse and she is usually satisfied for about 2.5-3 hours. but when i pump after 2.5-3 hours i almost always only get 2 ounces total. and 2 ounces, given to her in a bottle, does not satisfy her for that long. so im pretty sure she is managing to get more out than the pump is. but i already have a medela PISA, and have been told that it is pretty much the most efficient on the market save for hospital-grade.

I had two pumps. A cheepo walmart one and then a hospital grade. Even if it is the best pump on the market that doesn't mean you are gonna get everything out.
...with that said, i would think 9 weeks would be enough. Not everyone "warms up" to the pump. This could be your case.

boo for me! i think i might just try to go into the LC and see what she can tell me. i dont want to stop BFing at all and i know whatever i am able to give her is better than nothing, but at the same time its getting a bit disheartening that i get so little from so much effort and that nothing seems to be helping.

I've been pumping for months and I will regularily only get 3 oz at a time...I'm pretty sure Tiff is the exception, she's always been great with the pump. However, it might be worth it to see a LC. One warning though...the drugs that Tiff is taking might cost more than a bottle or two of formula per day!

I think you've already said you've tried things to increase your supply but drinking dark beer works for some women (and it's yummy!!! haha) and drink LOTS of water :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->