Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

keep at it hun! See the LC if you want to. I have hyperplastic breasts and i only make 1oz per day- total. It is practically nothing (and we know i make that amount from the weigh in i was telling you about with Lc and Isaiah). It basically is nothing, but its been 5 months and im still doing it! Dont be discouraged....and you should be really thankful you have what you have...i have to nurse and then suppliment 6oz with Isaiah, thats how bad i have chronic low milk supply. Its so upsetting to me- im still not over it, but point is you should be proud of yourself! every drop counts, and trust me i would give anything to make the amount you do!

haha...the cost of the formula really isnt the biggest concern. i mean, if i cant increase my supply, the formula isnt going to break the bank. but luckily we are military and all of our medical is free, including prescriptions. though, depending on what it is and all, who knows if the LC will even prescribe it. but its probably worth it to go ahead and have a chat with her. if she cant do anything, then at least ill know i tried. it sucks to just see it all slowly depleating :(

i drink about 12-15 glasses of water a day, so i should be good there. i have heard about the beer thing, but have been too nervous to try. so many questions about it...like, how do you time it to ensure it doesnt get into your milk? or do you have to pump and dump the first batch? cause if so...is it going to increase it enough to even out the fact that id have to put some down the drain...

keep at it hun! See the LC if you want to. I have hyperplastic breasts and i only make 1oz per day- total. It is practically nothing (and we know i make that amount from the weigh in i was telling you about with Lc and Isaiah). It basically is nothing, but its been 5 months and im still doing it! Dont be discouraged....and you should be really thankful you have what you have...i have to nurse and then suppliment 6oz with Isaiah, thats how bad i have chronic low milk supply. Its so upsetting to me- im still not over it, but point is you should be proud of yourself! every drop counts, and trust me i would give anything to make the amount you do!

oh my gosh! okay...i wont complain anymore! i know i have it better than some ladies with supply problems. knowing that youre still at it makes me realize that every drop really is worth it :)

no you don't have to dump any milk with the beer....hardly anything gets in your breast milk. I think you're only supposed to drink like one a day.

I tried the beer thing :D
I drank 2-4oz per day. but never more than 4. The way i did it, was just nurse, and then drink it. Leave 2 hours in between nursing, and then youre good to go :thumbup:
I really hope that helps! There are a lot of foods you can eat. Sounds gross but if you can get egg plant into your diet (which is really good with chicken) apparently that is a HUGE milk booster. As is bread, oatmeal, yeast, garlic. Hope that helps hun! :hugs: you can do it! :dance:

I don't think the beer makes much of a difference....it's more for fun haha :winkwink:

ya if you're only having one drink it takes 2-3 hours to metabolize. I feed Alia at 8pm and then I sometimes have a drink right after. I usually pump at midnight, and by then the drink is long gone. I don't see it as a risk at all!!!

Hi, I'm not nursing anymore, but I got pregnant with #2 while nursing #1. The downside was that it totally dried me up. Be prepared for that possibility. I had fully intended to tandem nurse, but nursing gave me the most horrendous morning sickness and I just couldn't get past it... I was 6 weeks pregnant and my oldest was 11.5 months when he weaned. My second nursed until he was 2.5.

For supply increasing, I can't say enough about oatmeal. I would buy the regular rolled oats, mix them 2 parts water to 1 part oats and zap it in the microwave for 90 seconds. Add brown sugar and milk. The stuff is amazing. I also took brewers yeast tablets instead of drinking beer. Avoid sage and pepermint as they both will naturally reduce supply, too. If it's any consolation, I struggled with low supply with my first and I had WAY too much milk with my second. Good luck getting your supply up!

Oh, and edited to add:
I pumped at work for both... I found that pumping is as much mental as anything else. Think about your baby. Have a picture or something that smells like him/her and it really helps with let down. Once you get the hang of let down, it gets a lot easier.

I may be the exception but I've been pumping hard core since Skyler was one week old.

I have more to write but got to get to class, will come back later. Thanks for the info knitbit!

Oh yes, what knitbit said about mental. I used to go to a parent support group at the hospital (mainly for woman BFing). The LC would be there and that was something that always came up. Many girls, myself included, talked about how it took forever to get a let down or they wouldn't let down as much while pumping, and it was because we thought about it so much. I notice on days that i would watch tv while i pumped, i got more. :thumbup:

okay so eggplant and oatmeal then. and maybe a little bit of dark beer. i think i got the garlic covered, as my husband is italian and puts garlic in EVERYTHING! lol. i used to eat oatmeal when i was pregnant, but not so much anymore. i will definitely start putting that back in my diet. and i actually love eggplant, my husband doesnt like it so much though so i havent eaten it in awhile. but ill tell him its for the good of the milk-making! :) and ill try to focus on audrey a bit more when pumping. i get so bored sitting in the bathroom pumping that usually i take a book to read while pumping, but maybe i should take some pictures to flip through or something instead...

thanks for all the input ladies, i really appreciate it! hopefully some of these suggestions help! :D

Ok I'm back so yeah I never had a supply issue till I got sick which may be why I responded well to the meds so you likely will to! And it's even better if the rugs are covered my plan covers most of the cost so it isn't much. I am happy to onc again have the supPly I do but because I'll be taking clomid for the next couple Of cycles I'll likely keep taking the motilium till I'm either pg Or I wean skyler completely.

does the medicine have any effect on TTC? i know that i am takiing an herbal supplement right now but it says that it shouldnt be used if pregnant. so im kind of wondering if i should even be taking it, since technically i could become pregnant at any time.

Who else has a journal? I'm looking for some breastfeeding ttc journals to stalk :D

Ive got a journal :)

https://www.babyandbump.com/parenting-journals/411621-odyssey-isaiah.html

ahhh i feel out of the loop now :( i should totally start a journal...

Domperidone/motilium can mess with your cycles. That's only really anecdotal though. I've talked to a lot of people who are taking it for low supply and most have reported AF staying away, so :shrug: It does indirectly increase your prolactin so maybe that's why.
Some of the BF supplements aren't good for pregnancy, Blessed thistle comes to mind. Some are more ok than others. There's a book called Motherfood that talks about lactogenic foods and talks some about what's ok to take during pregnancy and what isn't. I think...I don't actually have the book, though I do have The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk which has a big section on galactalogues.
Things like alfalfa and red clover are galactalogues ok for pregnancy (and I'll be taking them during my next pregnancy in hopes of making more milk).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->