Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

can i join? im hannah 21 years old mummy to alfie 5 months old :)
ntnp at the moment , no periods yet, just had a baby girl spell done lets hope it works

Domperidone/motilium can mess with your cycles. That's only really anecdotal though. I've talked to a lot of people who are taking it for low supply and most have reported AF staying away, so :shrug: It does indirectly increase your prolactin so maybe that's why.
Some of the BF supplements aren't good for pregnancy, Blessed thistle comes to mind. Some are more ok than others. There's a book called Motherfood that talks about lactogenic foods and talks some about what's ok to take during pregnancy and what isn't. I think...I don't actually have the book, though I do have The Breastfeeding Mother's Guide to Making More Milk which has a big section on galactalogues.
Things like alfalfa and red clover are galactalogues ok for pregnancy (and I'll be taking them during my next pregnancy in hopes of making more milk).

thanks! i think i will definitely go look for that book at the store this weekend! :)

Hi that girl, you're a past chart stalkers member to weren't you?

It's funny most of us have little ones around the same age!

:hi: Hi ThatGirl!! :D

It must but then again on a forum this big there would be lots of babies born around the same time.

Very true!
Just funny we all found this thread ;)

U.S. girls, I just read an article that IRS has *finally* agreed to allowing breast pumps to be tax deductible! (and i *think* the supplies that are necessary for it to operate, replace items, and store BM). Apparently it is deductible through medical. Just thought you all might want to know so you can claim that next year or you can actually go out and buy one because it will be tax deductible :thumbup:

Meh. I'm on CD4. Isn't it most depressing when the witch is visiting? I feel like I'm out this cycle and we haven't even DTD yet! lol

Does AF make anyone else feel pessimistic? I'm feeling a little hopeless.

The witch makes me feel pessimistic during but by the time she leaves I'm back to my normal self, which isn't very optimistic in the first place lol.

:rofl:

You should test soon anyways melissa cause you never know. I did a test once a month when the witch wasn't around but it didn't end up being a lot of tests since she came back at 3 months postpartum lol.

i test once a month too, even though AF isnt regular or anything. i just dont want to end up like one of those women on tv saying "i didnt know i was pregnant.." lol. they all end up going into labour on boats and other random places that are not very labour friendly...eeek! okay, okay...i dont think i would every be able to be pregnant and not know it, judging by how big i got with my first, but you know what i mean! ;)

i took my monthly test today, as yesterday was the day AF would have arrived if my cycles were normal...but apparently im not pregnant and my cycles are still regulating themselves. booo!

ya you were lucky to get it back so soon! although most women don't want their period back after a baby :haha:

I tested a couple weeks ago, but maybe I'll do another one... I had all the sings of ovulation earlier this week so hopefully that was it!

I need some PMA :cry:

Sorry chicks. Just feeling as though I don't have much of a hope conceiving whilst breastfeeding and yet I don't want to give up breastfeeding my little girl :cry: I made a propmise to her that I would BF her till at least 1 year. I also promised her I'd give her a sibling close to her age

hey hun! Don't lose hope just yet :hugs:
Are you getting regular periods??? If so, I don't think giving up BFing will help all that much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->