Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

i wish the witch would give me a visit so i know my cycles are back :(

I would say you are ovulating then :)

I think you would only have to quit BFing if you hadn't had a period yet

Hey girls,
I too wish af would show so that I actually may have a chance at getting pg (dont want to give up bfing either). So was wondering for those of you who have been bfing longer than me - if/when your af's returned????
Good luck to us all!!
xx

Hey girls,
I too wish af would show so that I actually may have a chance at getting pg (dont want to give up bfing either). So was wondering for those of you who have been bfing longer than me - if/when your af's returned????
Good luck to us all!!
xx

Have you tried cutting out or reducing night feeds?

We are trying that at the moment hon!! But, she didnt night feed from 7 weeks to 5 months and still no af :( (she was goping 7pm to 7am then). Is this what started your cycles again?
xxx

Just popped over to your journal so have the answer to my question now xx

We are trying that at the moment hon!! But, she didnt night feed from 7 weeks to 5 months and still no af :( (she was goping 7pm to 7am then). Is this what started your cycles again?
xxx

Just popped over to your journal so have the answer to my question now xx

Yes. It was LO sleeping through that brought about my AF. I have read that giving your baby solids (at least 25% of their diet) can encourage AF. Using a dummy can also encourage AF.

Are you using OPKs or a CBFM? These can show if you're ovulating (some BFing mums ovulate before they get a single AF).

Thanks for commenting on my journal :flower: Do you have a journal I can stalk?

Thanks hon, see we are blw and she has 3 meals a day, but not sure how much she actually eats! And this is also where i come unstuck as she doesnt have a dummy as she sucks her fingers and I cant afford opk's etc as now on unpaid mat leave!! All brilliant suggestions though!! I do think I ov'd last month as got the usual pain and cm that I used to get (first time since dd was conceived), so maybe af is on her way?!! I dont have a journal at the mo, so hope you dont mind me stalking yours!!!!!! xx

Thanks hon, see we are blw and she has 3 meals a day, but not sure how much she actually eats! And this is also where i come unstuck as she doesnt have a dummy as she sucks her fingers and I cant afford opk's etc as now on unpaid mat leave!! All brilliant suggestions though!! I do think I ov'd last month as got the usual pain and cm that I used to get (first time since dd was conceived), so maybe af is on her way?!! I dont have a journal at the mo, so hope you dont mind me stalking yours!!!!!! xx

I'd love you to stalk! :happydance:

Now make yourself a TTC journal pronto! :thumbup:

How often does your LO breastfeed?

Lol!!! She demand feeds-I guess on average 6-8 times a day?? X

That might be why cycle hasn't returned mork. Mine came back at 3 months exactly though and I was feeding and or pumping a lot although Skyler slept mostly through the night pretty early.

Crossroads, if your cycles are reg then you just need the right time!

Mine is on 3 large meals per day, but is still up a lot at night, usually 2-3 times.
In April we'll be trying to get her to sleep more in her own bed so maybe that will help my AF to show up. I feel like it's coming all the time, but nothing ever actually shows so who knows.

I am hoping to get Skyler on three square meals a day and one before bed snack. Right now it's not happening, he has about 4 meals a day plus night time snack and sometimes an extra one at night. We just gave him boob then 3tbs of cereal before bed in hopes that he'll now sleep till 5 or 6, fingers crossed!

Not that it matters any, but the :witch: has left. I am now on CD 7...man...im *really* *really* wanting to try for #2 right now...I didn't think I would want to last month (even though DH made the offer to starT, before we knew about the hyperthyroid) but im really wanting to...sucks because i dont even start thyroid treatment until March so it def. wont be for a "while"... damn it...i wish my body would be normal for once. :(

It will happen soon Steph, at least you have the whole "you'll likely be preggers on the first month" thing going for you! You know it won't take long or shouldn't you are super fertile. I would love to know that I'd get pg in a matter of months. The witch will be a showing up for me anytime now, likely three-five days.

or she wont be :winkwink:
:dust: I really hope your right Tiff! I used to think that but there is no telling now that i have hyperthyroid. That in and of itself REALLY affects fertility...and i have no idea what the treatments will do to it.... whatever the case is, i have got to let that endocrinologist know we want to try because a lot of the meds are baby/pregnancy safe...and i have to stop BFing :(

My temp dropped today so she's coming.

I am sure they have had the baby/pregnancy thing before and will no what to do!

yeah, there are some "decently" pregnancy "safe" drugs but def. not recommended for BFing the docs warned me about that one up front. In the case of pregnancy, a lot of woman just get their thyroid removed and get on synthroid (synthetic thyroid hormone because usually when you get it removed you need to add the hormone because you go hypo). So there is that option for 99% safty. But the regular meds you can use in preganncy arent rated that well, but from what ive read it seems to be okay, alothough animal studies do show some not so good effects. I guess its just one of those things that taking it during pregnancy will outweight the risk of not taking anything (because it can be deadly to mom and baby to have an untreated case of hyperthyroid)

I would say it's worth the risk.

Sorry got some brown blood in my panties maybe a little more then spotting but not full flow so cd1 should be tomorrow for me :( this will be my shortest lp yet 9 days!!!! I know it's from the bf'ing but it's sad cause if it doesn't improve it's going to make ttc even harder.

Hey girls,
Good luck to us all!!
xx

AF returned for me when my son was 7 months old. No changes in nursing (he's 12 months now and still going strong!!) For month 7-10, my cycles were 33 days, then I had a 27 day cycle and right now I'm waiting on a :bfp:
I remember being sooooo impatient for AF to return because I wanted to start trying for #2 but then with my work schedule, DH and I decided to wait until last month anyway. Hope you get yours back soon!! (Funny how this is one case of actually WANTING af back! ha)

Hi Ladies, can I join you in here please,
I'm 'Kota', got my little man Phoenix who is 13months old and still a booby boy. I got what I think was my first AF about 3 wks ago so we're getting back on the TTC wagon, we've been NTNP since he was born and still taking things very casually, I want to be pregnant by the end of this year so we'll do the first 1/2 of the year the easy going care free way and if no BFP by July then step it up to the charting/temping/opk way! :haha:

P still feeds 3-4 times a day and 1-2 times a night but i'm not willing to wean him off any of the feeds unless he drops them himself. I kinda figure that I need to think of him first with breastfeeding rather then a child thats not yet even conceived.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->