Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

I think you will ovulate in the next couple of days to based off those opks! So get dtd.

yes you're definitely about to ovulate!! You can see a pattern of them getting darker so I think tomorrow's will be super dark!!! Better get :sex:!!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Definittely sounds like baby dancing time!!!

For ppl who are kind of waiting...we DTD last night....and since im 4 days before Ov....i really hated that we had to use the glove, but im sure thats whats best...just wish we didn't have too :wacko:

Guys DILEMMA!!!!

What time of day should you take OPKs? I think I've been taking them at the wrong time!

Mine say 2pm is optimal and not to drink too much for the 2h before. xx

yeah, FMU = BAD!
Because, unlike hCG, the luetenizing hormone (which is what OPKs are testing for) gets stronger throughout the day so the afternoon is the optimal time to test! :thumbup:
I am a POAS Addict, so i would use an OPK 2x per day :blush: and i NEVER had a positive in the morning, only ever in the late afternoon/early evening.

It has to do with LH surging strongest while you sleep so waiting until after 12pm gives it a chance to concentrate in the urine. Ofcourse you can still get a pos with FMU, it just could be a pos from the previous days urine so it's possible it could be misleading about OV day. But really your surge will show up whether it's FMU or not.

I actually use mine at around 11am - then when OV is close 2x/day at 11am and at 11pm. I have had short surges that were pos in the morning and neg in the evening, so I want to be sure I don't miss it! Also I usually have a fade-in, so I know if there is no hint of a pos in the am I don't need to test in the pmxx

Edit: Unlike guppy, I always get pos OPKs in the morning. Except this past month where I had 2 days in a row of pos, morning and night. Unusual for me!

I usually have a fade-in

i always used digital OPKs (the ones with the happy faces, think Clear blue). Those ones wont show any fade ins/outs, but based on the pic you posted the other day, you are not using digis so youre good to go :thumbup:

I usually have a fade-in

i always used digital OPKs (the ones with the happy faces, think Clear blue). Those ones wont show any fade ins/outs, but based on the pic you posted the other day, you are using digis so youre good to go :thumbup:

No - that wasn't me. I didn't post a pic - I use the cheap OPKs! :haha:

I usually have a fade-in

i always used digital OPKs (the ones with the happy faces, think Clear blue). Those ones wont show any fade ins/outs, but based on the pic you posted the other day, you are using digis so youre good to go :thumbup:

No - that wasn't me. I didn't post a pic - I use the cheap OPKs! :haha:

That was for crossroads, sorry about the confusion :thumbup:

How do you like the cheap OPKs?
I always had trouble with those. And even times that i was testing them out. I would use a cheap one and a digi (at the same time with the same urine) and the cheap ones would never get as dark or darker than the control line even when the digi said positive :shrug:
That has been my experience 100% of the time (i think they were the Answer brand). I wish i could use those because the digis are expensive :wacko:

Hmmm I didn't know you could get digital OPKs. Are they expensive?

They are a bit more expensive than the original type but i cant say as i dont know what you consider expensive

https://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Easy-Digital-Ovulation-Test-Pack/dp/B000KLT1YU

You could probably spend less but you wouldnt get as many.

I'm guessing it's fairly normal to have somewhat irregular cycles after giving birth/while breastfeeding but it sure can be frustrating!! AF got me this morning resulting in a 32 day cycle. Last month was 27 days. I was always spot on 28 days before getting pregnant (both on and off the pill) so this is still weird for me. On to month 3 of TTC!!

They are a bit more expensive than the original type but i cant say as i dont know what you consider expensive

https://www.amazon.com/Clearblue-Easy-Digital-Ovulation-Test-Pack/dp/B000KLT1YU

You could probably spend less but you wouldnt get as many.

I've done a search and in the UK they cost £2 per stick (about $3.50) which is quite expensive.

But I would be willing to make the investment.

Is it necessary to buy the digital OPKs if you are planning to use the CBFM?

I'm guessing it's fairly normal to have somewhat irregular cycles after giving birth/while breastfeeding but it sure can be frustrating!! AF got me this morning resulting in a 32 day cycle. Last month was 27 days. I was always spot on 28 days before getting pregnant (both on and off the pill) so this is still weird for me. On to month 3 of TTC!!

:hugs: sorry about the witch :( Do you have a TTC journal? Are you charting? x

Crossroads - No need to buy the OPKs if you're using the CBFM! I don't know anyone who uses them both. I have never used the CBFM though.

Guppy - I am so glad the cheap OPKs work for me as I would go through soooo much money with the digital ones! Also I like that they fade in so I get a chance to get lots of BD in before it registers positive. xx I just buy them in 10-packs from my local baby shoppe for $6.00, whereas the digital OPKs here are soooooo expensive as is the CBFM.

im not sure about needing the digis for the CBFM crossroads as ive never used a CBFM :shrug:

Sun, i totally wish they worked for me! Because i am like a mad woman whilst TTC! :haha: I look for all of the signs and that includes fade ins! :blush: We just :sex: every single day and that worked well enough for us (though i know some men can't do that so in that case using the regular kind would be more helpful as to know when to :sex: :thumbup:)

Totally normal to have weird cycles!! Mine are consistent now, except I OV way too late for the length of my cycle. (Used to OV a week earlier and have a longer cycle overall)

Also I'm surprised how many of you have wee little babies and TTC. It took forever for me to get AF back! We wanted to TTC last April, but AF stayed away until October so our TTC asap plans were out! :wacko:

How long did it take you all to get AF back?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->