Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

I got mine back at 4 months PP but i have chronic low milk supply and possibly bc and hyperthyroid so i never got a full supply to begin with (despite taking all measures humanly possible). So that could be why i got it back so much sooner, but i did BF as much as my body would allow-about 1 oz per day. then the rest we obviously had to supplement with formula (baby lost 8% of his weight by 2 days old :()

im not sure about needing the digis for the CBFM crossroads as ive never used a CBFM :shrug:

Sun, i totally wish they worked for me! Because i am like a mad woman whilst TTC! :haha: I look for all of the signs and that includes fade ins! :blush: We just :sex: every single day and that worked well enough for us (though i know some men can't do that so in that case using the regular kind would be more helpful as to know when to :sex: :thumbup:)

HAHA - We also BD every day. I actually BD every day from the start of ewcm until it goes away - my chart has been a tad embarrassing a few months :blush: I am also a mad TTCer, but I try and keep the extra obsessive parts in my journal and away from other non-poasaholics! :haha:

I got mine back at 4 months PP but i have chronic low milk supply and possibly bc and hyperthyroid so i never got a full supply to begin with (despite taking all measures humanly possible). So that could be why i got it back so much sooner, but i did BF as much as my body would allow-about 1 oz per day. then the rest we obviously had to supplement with formula (baby lost 8% of his weight by 2 days old :()

I got my period at 6 weeks PP! I've always been worried about my milk supply (particularly in my left breast). Do you think they are related?

Amy hasn't lost weight (apart from when she was sick) but her weight gain has always been very slow and on the 2nd centile.

Wow I got mine back at 11 months PP! This would have been great except we wanted to TTC so much in that time. Bun was born early so he had some feeding issues initially - getting BF established was an achievement! I also had a problem with low supply, but mine was because my weight kept dropping too much. Whenever it would get too low my supply would suffer, so I was eating a huge amount and taking supplements and meal replacements in addition to my regular food. I also took fenugreek for 8 months.
I only BF 2-3x/day now though so don't have that problem - weight gain is suddenly a breeze lol.

Edit: Bun was a slow gainer too, but is a giant now!!

I got AF back at 7 months pp and DH and I just started trying last month at 11 months pp for #2. I still nurse my 1 yr old a lot; he would live off my boobs if I let him! haha

Yeah, the fact that I am BFing is an accomplishment in and of itself(when baby allows, he has been on a boobie strick for about a month now, with teething so im sorta thinking he is weaning himself) but anyways, i think 99% of woman would have given up if they were in my shoes. Thats why it bothers me to no end when ppl try to "help" :blush: I knwo they mean well, but its like hello Ive been doing this for nearly 6 months now :dohh: haha. yeah, i did the fenugreek, the blessed thistle, the mothers milk tea, the beer, the yeast foods, the water, the pumping around the clock, the nursing around the clock, meeting with lactation 3x per week for 4 weeks straight, the SNS, and the Domperidone- nothing worked. Got my prolactin levels checked and they were that of a non-lactating woman.

Isaiah lost so much weight initially (luckily we figured this out around the end of week one- before it got to be too long). He only had 1 dirty diaper for the first 4-5 days of his life! :shock: he was near dehyrdation for sure and i am so glad i gave him water (which i knw docs are against) but if i wouldnt have he def. would have ended up in the ER :sad1: but then when the nurse helped us figure it out, and we gave him formula, it was like the difference between night and day! Thank God!

crossroads, i wouldn't worry about it if she is fine and content :flower:

Wow Guppy - what an ordeal!! :shock: Amazing you kept going! :hugs:

You mentioned the brewers years - totally forgot about the yeast/oat cookies I ate religiously for 2 months! :haha: OMG how could I forget that taste??

I got my AF back at exactly three months pp with exclusive bf'ing but they've been a little irregular, first one I had an lp of 4 days second was a 10 day lp then a 13 day lp then back down to an 8 day lp (which I blame the motilium for) I got super sick over new years and lost my milk supply so started taking motilium (ie domperidone) to get it back and it's worked but it messes my temps up and will make your period irregular so I am on cycle 4 of ttc right now but I don't expect it to work out at all.

Hey ladies :)
Cant remember who asked now (sorry!), but I have still not had af return and I will be 9 months pp at the end of the week.
xx

I'm still waiting for AF too Mork!!!

I really thought I ovulated a couple weeks ago but nope :nope: If I had then AF surely would have been here by now. I had ewcm and everything!

Amy's started waking in the night for feeds again :( Last night she woke at 1am and 3am. First we tried putting her dummy back in a few times, then we tried offering water in a sippy cup. Finally I had to give in and give her the breast :(

This is going to prevent me from ovulating isn't it? :cry:

It's looking like I'm going to have to give up breastfeeding :(

I would try water in a bottle instead of a sippy, but Amy has suffered from nipple confusion in the past whereby she became lazy at the breast when she had bottles regularly.

HELP!

Amy's started waking in the night for feeds again :( Last night she woke at 1am and 3am. First we tried putting her dummy back in a few times, then we tried offering water in a sippy cup. Finally I had to give in and give her the breast :(

I would try water in a bottle instead of a sippy, but Amy has suffered from nipple confusion in the past whereby she became lazy at the breast when she had bottles regularly.

HELP!

Dont give up just yet!
It may be a growth spurt, Try and ride it out and see how long it last
see this thread :https://www.babyandbump.com/breastfeeding/349361-7-month-growth-spurt.html

It seems pretty common to have a growth spurt at 7 months according to google :lol: And Amari has started wanting more milk feeds in the night too now :dohh:

Skyler has started wanting up to 4 feeds a night again he is just over 6 months so I am thinking growth spurt. What did you get on your opk yesterday? Did it go positive?

I wouldn't worry about it now, one night is not going to make much of a difference in the scheme of things.

HELP!

I wouldn't worry about it tbh. Bun still wakes at night for feeds and I have OV every month. xx

Bun will go through phases of waking at night - definitely during growth spurts, sometimes when teething, and he wants boob all night right now as he has a terrible cold :(

Bun will go through phases of waking at night - definitely during growth spurts, sometimes when teething, and he wants boob all night right now as he has a terrible cold :(

ahh! audrey woke 6 times last night! she hasnt woken more than twice in a single night since she was 8 weeks old! i am guessing this must be a growth spurt...or maybe teething. not sure which, but she doesnt seem to be hungry when she wakes...more like i am just a big old human paci for her lately. soooooo sleepy today! i had forgotten about the exhaustion that comes with all those nighttime wakings! lol.

Consider yourselves lucky!
When isaiah started teething he went on a boobie strike and hasn't wanted to go back :(

Shannon i'd say teething then!

Eeek! That was my initial thought, but think I was in denial! Ooooh the horror stories Ive heard about teething! :-/

Consider yourselves lucky!
When isaiah started teething he went on a boobie strike and hasn't wanted to go back :(

Audrey doesnt want to eat so much as she wants to latch, take a couple sucks, and then just lay there and hang out. She is actually not wanting to eat by nursing much lately, she just wants comfort I think. Shes been getting a lot of feeds by bottle lately.

Yeah, well thats good she still wants to be latched though, then you have a better shot at keeping your supply! I am *almost* completely dried up now...not that i had much to begin with :dohh: ...even when i would offer him the boob it make him even more angry :(
It does sound like a teething thing though! Z had 2 teeth the day after he turned 5 months (and he is working on a third now :shock:)

im more scared for my chances of continuing BFing when she does get teeth...i think she will still want to nurse, but shes a biter already! just for the fun of it she will clamp down while latched on and...omg...it hurts! that little girl has some strong jaw muscles! :-/

i keep thinking the teeth are coming and she even had a little edge of one pop through about a month ago, but it seems to have gone back into the gums. nothing since then. the way she gnaws on her hand lately though, i fully expect to wake up one morning to find she has loads of them popped through! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->