Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

don't give up hope of ovulating crossroads!!! You're only at CD 14 or 15 (can't remember!) anyway :hugs: I'm sure you'll still ovulate despite the two night feedings

I am soooo terrified of Alia getting teeth! My nipples hurt just thinking about it :haha:

:haha: it hurts! I wont lie lol. But he never bit me...its just he stayed latched....and thats ouchie when he pulls off! lol

teeth scare me to! I hope Skyler doesn't get them till he's 10 months, if he held off that long I'd wean him around then. Sometime after my seattle trip since bf'ing is super easy I'd rather not have to bring formula when I travel.

My son Jack (12 months) still wakes up 1-2 times a night to nurse and that hasn't affected my cycles at all; they've just been consistently longer than before I got pregnant, averaging 31 days. I assume I'm ovulating as I think that goes hand in hand with having a period??

As for the teething, Jack bit me once when he had several teeth and I bit him back on his arm (hard enough that he cried for a second but gentle enough that it barely left a mark....I think he was more shocked than anything). It sounds mean but he has never ever bitten me since! I've heard several people say this works. He can even be laughing while he's nursing and be holding my nipple in his teeth but he'll never clamp down, I love it!! haha

You don't necessarily OV even if you have a period! Even normal healthy people will have a anovulatory month here and there and it isn't a problem. The vast majority of people who have their period are OV though. xx

Also we went though a phase about 3 weeks ago of Bun biting me. Like all his strength drawing blood biting :( But we got through it and all is well again. It didn't coincide with teething though, as he has had 6 teeth since his 1st birthday. Don't really know what it was tbh!
But I just would say "no biting" firmly and stop the feed immediately. He got the idea!

Yeah going off what sun said, just because you get AF doesn't mean you ovulated. BUT if you ovulated you will get AF (I think the majority of ppl Ov. who get the :witch: but certainly not everyone.

You don't necessarily OV even if you have a period! Even normal healthy people will have a anovulatory month here and there and it isn't a problem. The vast majority of people who have their period are OV though. xx

Also we went though a phase about 3 weeks ago of Bun biting me. Like all his strength drawing blood biting :( But we got through it and all is well again. It didn't coincide with teething though, as he has had 6 teeth since his 1st birthday. Don't really know what it was tbh!
But I just would say "no biting" firmly and stop the feed immediately. He got the idea!

Does that count equally for breastfeeders?

Ladies have you seen this? :D

Lactation and Increased Conception of Twins

Twinning in general and identical twinning in particular are more likely to occur in mothers who are lactating at the time of conception.

Latest studies by Dr. Gary Steinman indicate a much higher rate of twin births to lactating mothers: 12.4% versus 1.1% in the non-lactating population. Dr. Steinman analyzed the effects of breastfeeding on twinning frequency in cases of pregnancies conceived during lactation. La Leche League participated in collecting data on mothers who experienced fertility while breast feeding and became pregnant.

Two key factors influencing identical twinning include ovulation induction and calcium channel blockers. In his research, Dr. Steinmann concluded that increased twinning is due to both temporary overshoot of FSH with recent resumption of menstruation and also to the significantly lower serum calcium levels in lactating women.

https://www.loveyourbaby.com/fertility-while-breast-feeding.html

^ I bet it's true! it would make sense! It's just like the very first cycle off BCP you are super fertile, and the same with a MC.
And actually, my friend who is EBFing, got pregnant 3 months PP. She just found out yesterday that she's having twins!

Any girls with teething or soon-to-be-teething babies (which i think is practically all of us!) you maybe interested in today's babysteals deal of the day!

https://babysteals.com/

yay lil mans decided to take a bottle so now bfing and ffing

teeth scare me to! I hope Skyler doesn't get them till he's 10 months, if he held off that long I'd wean him around then. Sometime after my seattle trip since bf'ing is super easy I'd rather not have to bring formula when I travel.

hehe. im thinking it would be nice to have a few more months without teeth too! im taking audrey on vacation in march for two weeks and she will need some formula this time...booo! last time when we went on vacation for 3 weeks when she was 8 weeks old we hadnt started combi feeding yet, and it was so nice and convenient! lol. plus this time its just me taking her, so it should really be interesting trying to manage the travel and everything on my own :-/ eeek!

Yikes STeph! SHe's gonna be busy!!! I think I'd cry if i was told I was having twins. But i can believe it to.

Most women who get a period Ovulate. If you want to know for sure, temp for a few months. I haven't had an anovulatory cycle since I started temping. I just have regularly longer cycles coming in at about 35 days which sucks. They're even longer with bf'ing.

I'll be bf'ing at least until end of may cause of our trip so he might get formula for 2 months if I decide to stop bf'ing after then. I am going home in July but he'll be almost a year so I think I'll switch to cows milk then which will be simple enough. I also give him his purees cold to get him used to cold food that way we won't have to warm the milk up. I can't wait till he's eating what we're eating.

Steph do the baby steals ship to canada? or is it us only? I have a teething necklace but some of those ones are pretty! I like the "light" one.

crossroads I think you're confused about BFing and ovulation.....it can prevent ovulation occuring in the first place, but then once you ovulate and you're getting regular periods, I don't think BFing really effects it all that much anymore. It might delay it a few days and make your cycles longer, but since you're getting regular periods I would put money on it that you're ovulating!!!

ALIA IS GETTING HER FIRST TOOTH :shock: omg I really spoke too soon. Today she definitely has a tooth poking through...I can feel it, I can see it, and I tapped a spoon on it and I can hear it...EEK I'm scared this might be the end of BFing if she bites me!

Melissa - Don't worry about teething and BF! Bun has had teeth since he was a year and we only went through a biting phase a couple weeks back. But now he knows not to bite. It was around the same time as he was biting our fingers too, so we stayed consistent with it. I think it is only natural since they are biting everything, they don't know that boobs are a no-bite zone. But saying firmly "no biting!" and stopping the feed immediately teaches them not to bite really fast! xx

Melissa, i was never bit by Z, so maybe it will be the same for you ;)...its just he likes to pull off while latched...that hurt, but no biting :thumbup:

Tiffany, i know! I would probably cry more haha. But that is coming from the same girl that said she wants to outbeat the Duggars! lol
As for babysteals shipping to Canada, here is a link (look under shipping). Apparently they will ship :D
https://www.babysteals.com/faq.php

Increased chance of twins hey? Yikes!! haha I would have loved twins for my first pregnancy since there was no comparison but after looking after 1, I couldn't imagine 2 at the same time!!

haha thats what i was thinking.
If you get twins the first time around, I imagine having only 1 the second time around is a breeze! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->