Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Increased chance of twins hey? Yikes!! haha I would have loved twins for my first pregnancy since there was no comparison but after looking after 1, I couldn't imagine 2 at the same time!!

haha! i was the same! i thought that having twins would be so fantastic when we were NTNP, but after being pregnant and having one i just cant imagine having 2 at once. and what about carrying two inside of you at once?! i thought my back hurt with one...lol

I am sure you'll be fine melissa! Just tell her no and take her off and she'll learn fast if she likes boob.

Lucy has had teeth since 4 months. She's bitten me a few times in a 'hey what does this do?' manner, but now only rarely does it when she's tired and upset and I put her to the boob.

bky - Just saw you're in Christchurch - hope you guys are doing ok :hugs:

Thanks girls!!! I hope she doesn't bite me :nope:

Okay, let me know if I'm the only one but is anyone else worried about what other people think about BFing past 6 months. I feel like up to 6 months I've been fully supported for BFing, but I think a lot of people are going to start asking "are you STILL breastfeeding?"...do you know what I mean? I shouldn't care what other people think but I do.

^ the thing is, most woman in the states formula feed, so of course once you get to mark where its "okay" according to doctors to stop, of course they judge you on it :dohh: (i knw youre not in the states, but i figure its similar) Anyways, i think ppl who BF dont care, its those who dont or didn't stick with it that seem to have the issue. personally, if it were me i would do it at least for a year if not slightly longer.

Okay, let me know if I'm the only one but is anyone else worried about what other people think about BFing past 6 months. I feel like up to 6 months I've been fully supported for BFing, but I think a lot of people are going to start asking "are you STILL breastfeeding?"...do you know what I mean? I shouldn't care what other people think but I do.

Not worried as Bun is 15 months :haha:

But seriously where I live I don't know many people who didn't BF (or BF/FF combo) for at least a while. BF for a year is pretty common. My mother does say that exact thing though - Are you STILL BF? But I just ignore it. My LO doesn't BF during the day any more, so it's just at night before bed and if he wakes over the night. So most people don't really know he is still BF actually. I am hoping to go to 2, but he is showing signs of self weaning, so we'll see. I feel like 6 months is still so young to be harassed about BF - no one would ask if you were still giving formula at 6 months! :shrug:

My 12 month old is still an avid nurser and shows no signs of stopping whatsoever! Not a single person has questioned me BF; I actually get lots of people saying they wish they could have breastfed longer than they did. :) I also live in an area that is very supportive of breastfeeding though and no one seems to even bat an eyelid.

crossroads I think you're confused about BFing and ovulation.....it can prevent ovulation occuring in the first place, but then once you ovulate and you're getting regular periods, I don't think BFing really effects it all that much anymore. It might delay it a few days and make your cycles longer, but since you're getting regular periods I would put money on it that you're ovulating!!!

oooh that would be awesome! :happydance:

Although I'm on CD17 and no ovulation so far :cry:

I thought the hormones required for ovulation have to rise above a certain level, and the act of suckling (particularly at night) can prevent the hormones rising? :shrug:

Exciting news about the tooth! I'm sure she won't bite you :thumbup:

You know 'the bully' I speak about in my journal? She regularly says to me: "I think you should give up breastfeeding. Amy is too old now".

But no one else has said anything other than praise :thumbup:

did you guys see the craziness that went down in baby club yesterday about when is too old to breastfeed in public? i didnt get involved because it was like a war over there, but i kind of agreed with some of the people who were saying it was sad that some people thought 6 months was to old to breastfeed in public. i still do it whenever Audrey is hungry and i have any milk...and i plan to until either she self weens or i dry up completely. breastfeeding isnt common in either me or DHs family though, so there have been some comments of surprise that were still at it. i think its because a lot of women stop after going to work because it gets too hard. also, the women in our families that did BF, only made it a couple weeks at it. so i think they are just surprised.

living in hawaii there are a lot of japanese tourists around and they are a very modest sort of culture. i have definitely gotten looks from people when i feed her in public, but i just dont really care. i guess its no different than that kid walking down the street with chains hanging off their pants, studs all over their face, and a spiked hot pink mohawk...i mean, i think they look ridiculous, but to each his own right? im sure some people think im ridiculous based on their upbringing/personal beliefs...but it makes me and audrey happy, so thats all that matters :)

I have been praised for bf'ing as long as I have so far. No one has said anything to me about him being to old. That being said the 3 and 4 years olds that get bf'ed surprise me, I wouldn't tell them not to do it but in our society it's not common and so it seems strange to me. I am happy to go to a year but I would like to stop sometime after then or at that point. I think the latest I would go would be 14 months. So weaning at 12 and completely done at 14. But I think we'll be doing cows milk at 11 months and completely stopping bf'ing at 12. Skyler is already self weaning! It's a challenge to get him to take his required amount of bm in a day he just loves his solids. So I find I have to pump after each feed or in between to alleviate my swollen boobies.

we gave audrey oatmeal for the first time last night and she thought it was AWESOME! so i am thinking she will soon be going through the same thing that skyler is...preferring the more filling things over the milk. i am hoping though, that since we will be replacing some bottles with oatmeal now, maybe i will be able to produce more of what she needs and we wont have to supplement as much! :D

this is the thread:
https://www.babyandbump.com/baby-club/544317-old-too-old-breastfeed-public.html

theres a note at the top of baby club about it too, apparently some ladies got in trouble over the things they said in there. a very touchy subject really...the whole breastfeeding in public thing.

Are you giving her just normal people oatmeal? I give Skyler the oat cereal instead of the rice, he's not a fan of rice cereal.

this is the thread:

theres a note at the top of baby club about it too, apparently some ladies got in trouble over the things they said in there. a very touchy subject really...the whole breastfeeding in public thing.

Wow. Things can really get heated in this forum!!!

Are you giving her just normal people oatmeal? I give Skyler the oat cereal instead of the rice, he's not a fan of rice cereal.

I think it might be "Oatmeal" cereal. Its the Gerberr brand. The "Oatmeal" said it was for "Supported Sitters" and the Rice cereal said it was for "Sitters" so we went with the Oatmeal because she cant quite sit on her own yet.

this is the thread:

Wow. Things can really get heated in this forum!!!

yea! it was pure craziness in there! lol

this is the thread:

Thanks for the link :thumbup:

Just had a good read.

I can't help but think a lot of the anti-NIP people fall into one of the following groups:

1. Never breastfed. Or
2. Breastfed but give up earlier than hoped so feels guilty.

Personally I'm proud to BF in public. I was in a very busy shopping mall pub on Saturday lunch time and I breastfed Amy. A couple on the table across from me started to have a breastfeeding conversation. I was pleased to get breastfeeding in the public domain. We BFing mothers need to be visable!

I don't think I'll read that BF in public link - I know how threads like that go down. They don't always, but if you get two (or more) opinionated people who are at opposite sides of the issue it always starts a huge argument. It is weird though, BF seems to be a much bigger deal in some places than others. Here no one has ever thought it weird that I still BF, but apparently lots of people elsewhere get disapproving looks as early as 6 months!

Kelly9 - Were you asking everyone about the oatmeal, or someone specific?? I just gave Bun regular rolled oats since we started weaning. Just ignore me though if you were asking someone else! :haha:

Hope you're all doing well today!! :hugs: Yay Friday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->