Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

^^don't read that thread because that's exactly what happened!!!

I don't think there's anything wrong with BFing in public but I also don't give a shit that other people have a problem with it! I thought some of the girls in that thread were far too sensitive about some of the comments. I can't BF Alia in public anymore because she gets distracted sooo easily, so she would be constantly pulling off and exposing me (and when she does that my milk usually squirts a foot or so :rofl:). But I used to and I didn't care if anybody was giving me weird looks or anything.

I remember a couple months ago I was feeding Alia in a sushi restaurant and I had her completely covered up and there was a young couple (like teens) at the table beside us and the girl was just STARING! Like obviously staring....it was uncomfortable. She didn't look weirded out, just curious, but I really wanted to say something...it was awkward!

i totally agree that some of the ladies on that thread got carried away and overly sensitive about some of the things. thats exactly why i didnt post on there..didnt want to be caught in the crosswire! i usually really the explosive threads, but dont comment onthem. lol. i personally think that people should be able to breastfeed in public without be made to feel bad or awkward, but there are just some people that are uncomfortable with it and thats never going to change. a lot of my family is that way just because they werent raised around it.

too funny about Alia being too distracted because that is exactly how audrey is lately! she hears so much going on and she wants to see, but the over is blocking her view. she totally exposed me the other day...just grabbed the cover and pulled it back before i could stop her. haha...ooops!

ya the last time I BF her in public she was grabbing at the cover and waving her hand out of the top...I was laughing the whole time.
I think that once our kids are having kids BFing will be a lot more accepted. I just think a lot of older generations don't associate breasts with food for baby. They think of them more as a sexual thing.

Can anyone charting answer the following 2 questions:

Do you manage to take your temp at the same time every day?
Do you get the required 6 hours block of sleep before temping?

If you answered 'no' to any of the above, can you tell me what you do to get around it?

THANK YOU

I take my temp at around the same time every day - between 6am and 7am. I take it as soon as I wake up which always falls in that time frame. I will usually nap until 8am after I take my temp, but take it earlier right when I wake up. I have never gotten 6 hours before I took my temp - I just take it after the longest block of sleep I have (usually 3-4h). If I wait and take it at 8am or later my temps are wayyyyy higher. And earlier I can't guarantee I will actually wake up at around the same time. But OH gets up at 6:00 so I usually wake up - quickly take my temp - and go back to sleep!

I had to figure out what time was most consistent for me though. And even without the consistent block of sleep, FF has always found my OV date! xx

I was told as long as you get 4 hours of sleep you're good. I take mine around 5-6 am when I usually get 4 or more hours of sleep, if I don't I just flag it on my chart. Seems to work for me.

I tell people who have a problem with bf'ing in public "you don't like it put a blanket over your head" I won't read the forum cause I'll get mad.

We use oat cereal from heinz I think they have starter cereal for under 6 months which is a green package, then 6 month oat cereal with fruit in blue packaging and then 8 month in red packaging. We're using the under 6 and 6 month cereal and I just bought some 8 month stuff (which is suppose to be lumpier) to get Skyler used to lumps. He's having an issue with lumpier foods so we're introducing them slowly. Thats why I asked. I was wondering if you used the baby cereal oatmeal stuff or regular rolled oats. Anyone was free to comment. I wanted to know in case the oatmeal you used was different from mine so I could try something new with Skyler.

Kelly9 - Actually never mind my response as I wasn't thinking - we did BLW so that's why we used regular oats! My good friends LO took a long time to get used to lumps, but they went slow and followed his lead. He's 17 months now and eats everything and anything he can get his hands on!! :haha:

Wow a lot has sure happened since I was on, lol.

Twins - that would be a little crazy!!!

BF past 6 months - Kaiden is almost 8 months and still not really taking solids. So far no one has said anything but I plan to BF until he self weans, even if that's not until he's a few years older. So I fully expect to get comments eventually.

BF in public - I didn't read it as I figured that was probably best :)

Temping - I honestly am not sure why I bother. I never take at the same time, just whenever Kaiden wakes me for the third time. I also never get 4 hours of sleep before either. Kaiden eats 4-6 times at night still so I am lucky to get 2 hours of straight sleep.

I'm on CD 43, so I assumed I haven't ovulated yet. I was pretty sure I had fertile CM a few days ago but now I'm not sure. I guess we'll wait and see. I assume that I will eventually ovulate. It's not possible to get AF and have it go away again is it?

What is going on with my body? :cry:

Gina do you have a link to your charts?

Gina I'm not sure - I thought once you got AF it was back for good :shrug: (well until you get preg again that is :winkwink:)

I don't think there's any way I will BF past 1 year, and I'll probably stop if I get pregnant. My friend had a m/c because she was still BFing her son every two hours while pregnant....there's no way I would even risk that! As for stopping at a year - I can then wean Alia onto cow's milk instead of formula and I can finally have my body back to myself!!

It's not possible to get AF and have it go away again is it?
Gina I'm not sure - I thought once you got AF it was back for good :shrug: (well until you get preg again that is :winkwink:)

I was under the impression that if you're BFing anything is possible. [that would include having irregular cycles] Just as your length of a cycle, what CD you're on when you Ov. and your LP changes, one would think that cycles could remain inconsistent even if you did get them back :shrug: I think giving birth and BFing is comparable to coming off the BCP...you know you might have an AF there...and then one here, but it may not be regular for some time. :shrug: I am certainly no doctor though :dohh:

I am not sure, but I would guess it could go away, I fully expect my cycle to be even more delayed this month cause I am taking motilium. I'll be starting my opks tomorrow so we'll see.

Ugh...this is the latest i have EVER ovulated in the 12 months I have charted....tomorrow is CD 21..usually it's on CD 20 (actually besides this cycle, I have Ov.ed on CD 20 100% of the time)...stupid thyroid :sad1:

....of course, i am assuming its from my thyroid being low...but then again last cycle was on CD 20 and that cycle i was in the hyper (high) state :shrug: I dont get it...and i havent BFed for about a month now...Z is still on a boobie strike...im guessing he weaned himself :shrug:

still loads of EWCM.
I could be right now, but when you arn't temping you're supposed to mark it after it dries up...its no where near being dryed...maybe tomorrow :shrug:
Other than that, i guess i dont have OPKs or temps to go off of. Normally i would be dry by now...but oh well. guess it doesn't matter anyways.
I think im just a little nervous about it because ovulating on CD 21 or later is considered "late ovulation" (I was pushing it ov.ing on CD 20)....at least i'll have something to tell the PCOS doc i suppose

I get ewcm for about 7-10 days total. It's usually gone the day after I OV! xx
Could you take an OPK for the next few days to see? If I still have ewcm I usually haven't OV yet, but people can have spurts of ewcm before AF too.

Does it matter if it's late ovulation? I normally ovulated on cd19 most cycles but since bf'ing it's been around cd 21-27. I am really eager to see when I ovulate this cycle, can't wait to start opks tomorrow.

Usually they call it "late ovulation" (aka: CD 21 or later) to dignose things like PCOS. Apparently the egg is of less quality the later (later as in 21 CD or after) it is released.
I think its different though since your BFing (meaning they wouldn't consider you having PCOS since your Ov. days are different due to drugs/BFing) :thumbup:

I get a lot of EWCM prior too. Its gross actually :sick: lol
I dont *technically* dry up, but to me sticky/creamy is dry (just because i always have soo much CM throughout my entire cycle) <---which is another characteristic of PCOS

here is a link to my chart. I think you can only see two of my cycles because im not currently a paying member.
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/289220

Oh I know I don't have pcos, I have no issues with my cycle except it's a few days longer then most. I also have no symptoms and my hormone levels were perfect!

I used to OV early (like CD10-12) and since Bun I OV CD17 or later - so annoying since my cycles are now shorter as well! :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->