Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

I am hoping! xx
I am still temping every day as the doc said my temp would probably fall sometime soon and I would m/c. The BnB ladies have been so good to me and so reassuring that I am a little more positive then I was. I don't know if you saw my journal, but the doc was so negative - she just talked about how lucky I was that I wouldn't need interventions (D&C) and how I should wait a cycle before trying again. She seemed to do the blood test as a formality so when I left the office, I was sure there was no chance. But now because of BnB I know there is a chance - it might be small, but still a chance! So trying to focus on that.

so wait, she did a blood test-like beta? are you going back in a couple of days for another to see if yoru levels are rising?
either way, we are always here for you :hugs:

They took a test yesterday and will take another test monday to see if the levels are rising. Stupid weekend means I have to wait longer!! :growlmad: It was really lame though as the doc just kept saying how the levels would most likely drop or barely rise - definitely nothing positive at all. I was really happy to get a HCG of 91 though. When I left the office I actually thought the test might come out neg!

Hi Sun, just had a little read of your journal, I am really really hoping for a sticky little bean for you. Your temperatures definitely look good and 91 sounds like a good figure and also it must be a good sign that the bleeding is dying down. I will be keeping everything crossed for you and I hope you get good results at the retest on Monday.

hi ladies! i have been MIA for the past couple of weeks because audrey and i were on vacation and were way busier than i thought we were gonna be! anyway, seems like my milk supply has dipped again, im not sure if i didnt stay hydrated enough or the change in climate/altitude or what...maybe audrey is just hungrier these days, who knows. but it seems to still be keeping AF away. after the bleed at 8 and 16 weeks, i thought maybe i was just on a long cycle but now its been 11 weeks since the last and nothing. booo! DH told me yesterday when i came home that he thinks i should stop BFing cause he wants to try for another now...like really try. im just not sure i want to give it up, even though she is getting about 60% formula these days... :-/ oh the decisions...why cant i just have my cake and eat it too!? lol

oh and btw, massive congrats on the BFPs ladies! what a successful thread we have going here! heres to more announcements in the near future! :)

Sun how did the blood test go? Have you got the results back yet? Your temps still look great.

Queserasera I am in the same boat, well except Skyler is not getting formula at all but now he's trying to cut out his noon time feed, the last two days he's wanted nothing to do with my boob till the 4pm feed. So now he's getting BM early morning, at 4 then at bed.

thats amazing that he is trying to wean and will go that long without nursing...to me it just seems so far off since audrey still eats about every 2 hours. :-/

I am guessing he is trying to wean, I am not certain but it seems that way. Makes me a little sad, I like bf'ing him. I'll still keep up the night times and morning feeds as long as he'll let me.

yeah i know how you feel. I felt that way (and still do actually). Isaiah weaned at 5 months! (as soon as he started teething). It just makes him sooo angry when i offer it to him :( it has been 2 months since he took to the boob :( all that hard work for milk and the turkey quits :wacko: oh well. Apparently a lot of babies go on a boob strike when they are teething and then usually once the tooth comes in they take the boob back. Isaiah didn't but i think he realized it was just easier to not take to it since he was getting formula so much to supplement.

Thats possible. I actually checked Skylers gums thinking maybe he was teething but there isn't a hint of anything there. I'll keep checking.

Well, im just thinking since he is cutting one particular feed out each day, that its more related to weaning than teething, but ya never know

Well he cut out the midmorning feed about 6 weeks ago so I am thinking the same thing.

My LO was on 4 feeds/day forever - then suddenly it was 3 then 2 in a really short amount of time. I thought a month ago that he was weaning completely, but he wakes up around 1am and always wants boob. He usually wants to nurse constantly when he's sick, but then less when he's teething! xx

Kelly9 - Just realized you asked a few pages back about the blood test! Thanks for asking! :hugs: I think you checked my journal, but my levels are doing ok for the time being! Todays levels were pretty good!

Found out today that my thyroid is low though - so now I'm on Levo-something. The FS wants me to start it ASAP as low thyroid can cause m/c among other things. So now I'm on thyroid meds - possibly for the rest of my life! :( I feel even luckier to have gotten PG though - as that, plus my low progesterone (which is good now), plus my 8-day LP. How did I even get a BFP?? Miracle!! :cloud9:

Sun - I'm so pleased to hear that everything is going well. Just as well you found out about the thyroid and can get treatment started asap. I agree with MelissaM that this pregnancy must be meant to be, it sounds like this little bean was pretty determined! Going to check your journal now for the details.

Thomas dropped his mid-morning feed at about nine or ten months as far as I can recall so he was only on three feeds a day after that. At 11 months he dropped his afternoon feed and went down to just morning and bedtime, and by 13 or 14 months he was down to just a bedtime feed. Still going strong on that feed though at 17 months. So dropping feeds doesn't necessarily mean weaning.

Great news on the levels! Steph has postpartum thyroid issue which cause her to have a low thyroid, she may have some info for you. I'd day it was a miracle to. Just curious but why do you have an FS, did you have problems trying to conceive your first?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->