Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

^ Its true. I've seen it all (also had a history a few years ago). It really ins't a big deal as long as it monitored and you are taking the proper dose of levothyoxine (some ppl take synthroid) :thumbup: The hormone is consider a class A- so its been proven perfectly save for an unborn baby (and thats the best you can have with a drug)! Just keep taking it and you'll be fine :D

Kelly9 - Yes it took us 4 years NTNP/TTC to get Bun!! :cloud9: This time around after 6 cycles and my cycle being so weird we got referred. But then cycle 7 was lucky - and as it turns out I was actually PG when I was there. :thumbup: I do wish I had found BnB when I was TTC#1 - I didn't until I was in my 1st tri with Bun!

Guppy - I was really surprised to hear my thyroid is low actually - I have no symptoms at all. And everyone I know with hypothyroid knew something was wrong. I am just a bit low though so probably couldn't really tell. Was so surprised to hear that my progesterone is suddenly so high (which I was expecting to still be low), but my thyroid is off :haha: Hope it means it was meant to be! xx

indeed it is :D
It (progresterone) could be high since your preggo :thumbup:

its actually really common for a woman to experience thyroid problems being postpartum. Many of which will stay with that thyroid issue. But rest in hope, its not a big deal- a pill once per day and some blood work every few months. But i will say i had hypothyroid from age 14-19. And i never had a problem with it from age 19-22 and the only reason it came back is because of the whole postpartum thyroiditis, so actually theres a chance you may not need to be on it forever. Many woman go into "remission" (sorta like how i did) and when you do your levels are fine and dandy without the pill :D

I had slight hypothyroidism during my first pregnancy (in the last trimester) and then it disappeared. My friend developed hypothyroidism after giving birth and didn't get her periods back until she started taking synthroid (she didn't breastfeed so she knew something was off) which jump started everything immediately! Crazy how many people develop this.

^ yeah, its quit common....which makes me wonder why the hell it isn't checked often in pregnancy and quickly in the postpartum period. :dohh:

Sun, i just got my results back (ive been having terrible moods for the last few month, my cycles have been messed up, ive been tired and have dry skin). They said it hasn't gotten any better so they are going to treat me with 75mg of Levothyoxrine starting today. What level do they have you on? Also, do you recall what your numbers were? In Feb. mine was 11.3 (def. BADLY hypo, but they figured it would resolve itself since it was from postpartum thyroiditis :dohh:) Now its 10.79 so it really hasn't worked itself out- at all :nope: Just watch your symptoms (if you had any before taking it). BEcause some ppl dont respond to levothyoxrine (thats the generic of synthroid). We have a bad family history and everyone HAS to be on synthroid because the levo stuff doesn't work as well (it can but some forms of hypo dont respond to it). hopefully mine do, im just glad i'll be getting some relief!

Oh wow so this was definitely much better then waiting 4 years! I really hope I have your luck, I'm on cycle 5 right now and if the bvits don't work i'll be trying vitex. I'm trying to get Skyler on 2 formula feeds a day now and two BF's for his liquid portion, but he's not liking his bottle. I feel like I want my body back at least for a short while before I get pg again and Skyler has been so indifferent to the boob lately (i suspect he is self weaning) that it's not a bonding thing anymore. Except the early morning feed which I will give up last cause it's my favourite to.

It's interesting that people say Vitex might lower milk as it's in my making more milk book as a galactalogue. :shrug:
I'm rather anxious to have AF back so I may take a pregnancy test next week just to check and then find some and start taking it. I'd really hoped to have a few months of 'let's just see what happens' before actively TTC again. And also if AF comes back soonish I won't have to cut Lucy off at 12 months :winkwink: like I promised OH I would for TTC.
She still wants to nurse at least 4 if not 6 times per day when we're home together, but I've cut my pumping at work down to once per day. She eats a pretty good amount too, so while it's mainly for naps I think she enjoys the mummy milk as well.
Or it's easier for her to communicate that she wants boob rather than she is thirsty...:)

I've started taking vitex. I've been taking ovulation tests for the past two weeks and still haven't had a positive so that must mean I'm definitely not pregnant and I definitely have not ovulated yet so I'm safe to take vitex until I ovulate. Hopefully it speeds it up!!!
bky I've heard that in certain doses vitex can help milk supply but in the dose used to help fertility it can dry milk up. very strange!

Guppy - I don't know what my numbers were actually... I didn't even ask, which is really weird for me. Usually I'm nosing in on everything!! :haha: He did say that my TSH is high, which means my thyroid is low?? But apparently it's just a little high. I have been reading that the normal TSH for someone in 1st tri is 0.24-2.99? I will ask him at the next app't what it was! They have me on 50mcg/day of Levothyroxine. I hope I respond to the meds - but I won't know until they re-take my TSH levels in a month. I hope you respond to the Levo too - and start feeling better soon!! :hugs:

Kelly9 - Thanks xx It was a long wait - but well worth it now!! That's why I was so worried about getting pregnant with #2 and it was the reason we wanted to start TTC#2 so soon (we were aiming for last April, but AF had other ideas). I really hope you get your BFP asap too!! :hugs:

bky - I also read that on several internet sites, but my doc and pharmacist both said it could lower supply. Maybe because it helps regulate the hormones - so if you have an excess of prolactin then your supply might go down, but if it is low your supply might go up?? Total guess here though!! :haha:

SO when you putting up a ticker sun?

I got an early scan appointment for April 12 - so if all looks well, I will put it up then!! xx
The spotting is almost completely gone now so I'm relaxing a bit - and the scan is only 11 days away!! xxx

Sun I have a very good feeling that everything will go well at the scan!

Well my news is that I've been doing a bit of temperature charting to see what my body is doing and FF gave me crosshairs yesterday and is saying that I'm 7 dpo!! I actually couldn't believe it when I put in the temperature and FF marked ovulation and I'm still not totally convinced because my temperatures have been pretty up and down. But I'm feeling really optimistic that maybe I'm finally ovulating and might get AF back! And if FF is right, then half of the TWW is already over without me even having known that I ovulated! Yay!!

Polaris - Sounds good!!! Interesting that FF took 6 days to mark your OV! I always got crosshairs once I had 3 consecutive days of elevated temps.
Also do you have a link to your chart or ticker so we can stalk it?? :blush: :haha:

Polaris - Sounds good!!! Interesting that FF took 6 days to mark your OV! I always got crosshairs once I had 3 consecutive days of elevated temps.
Also do you have a link to your chart or ticker so we can stalk it?? :blush: :haha:

The reason FF took so long to mark it is that my temperatures have been all over the place. Which is the reason why I am not totally convinced that FF is right.

This is the link to my chart:
https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/25ad8e

(CD 1 is totally arbitrary though as I just set it manually obviously because of no AF)

O M G.................:bfp: :wacko:

I know we were TTC but still!!!!!!!

Hope FF is right and you ovulated!!:D
Did you dtd around ov??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g