Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Hey can I ask an off the subject question?? at what point did you give lo more than one meal a day?? She eats rice cereal at night and i just started mixing fruit with it.... just wondering if i should start giving it to her in the morning too, or if i should wait a bit longer??? thanks

I basically used my instincts, he seemed hungry, so I tried him, and he took it,

my baby is always hungry.... lol or she is always on the boob anyway.. lol always shoving things in her mouth.... could be teething.... I may try it.... just scared to over do it...... but i feel like she may be ready...

My baby is 6 months old and his a big boy so we started weaning a while back. He has breakfast and tea and ive now started giving him a few toast fingers for lunch. If he didnt want it he wouldnt eat it so im happy with that.

Alia was 7.5 months when I stopped and I got pregnant right away!!

As for solids: I started Alia on one meal a day at 4 months. Went to 2 shortly after and then at six months I switched to three. That was the best because she has been on such a nice schedule since.

Ive pretty much done that too! Now just started lunch! Im replacing Corbans feeds with formula as i dont wanna just stop giving him booby!

Thought I'd ask here first- those who did get AF back how long was it between making some kind of BF change (less feeds, more solids etc) and seeing AF?
Just wondering how long I ought to give the changes I'm making before I decide they aren't working.
Right now if AF doesn't come back I only have 2 more months of BF and the deadline is looming... :cry:
I'm going to be so freaking pissed if I have to stop BF and AF still doesn't show up.

Hi I'm BF and TTC. Right now I only nurse at bedtime. I had 2 AF so far.

Bky I ovulated about 2-3 weeks after completely stopping BFing. Even when Alia would sleep through the night it didn't come back. I think stopping was my only option but everyone is different.

Melissa_m- was it hard when u stopped bf?? Did your Lo take to formula fine? I am planning on switching at 6 months.... just wondering on the difficulty of it. Sheesh... I am worried I might be an emotional wreck over it.

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. In all respects. I started by giving a bottle of formula at night. That made her sleep through the night like magic!! So for a week I did that. My supply started decreasing then because I was going so long between feeds. Next I swapped out her noon feed. Did that for 3 or 4 days. The last feed to go was the morning feed. It was tough at first to know I was done but after a few days I was really happy to have my body back to myself. Plus Alia was so much more contented with the routine that comes with bottle feeding. Alia didn't even seem to notice that I wasn't BFing anymore!!!

Oh I hope it goes that good for me. I nurse Klaire to sleep, so I am kind of worried about that, but I really hope it works out for me like it did you.

I didnt nurse Alia to sleep but once and awhile she will fall asleep while drinking her night time bottle. I find she sleeps more soundly if she has a little time to play after her bottle and get burps up.

Melissa_m- was it hard when u stopped bf?? Did your Lo take to formula fine? I am planning on switching at 6 months.... just wondering on the difficulty of it. Sheesh... I am worried I might be an emotional wreck over it.

My LO Is 6 month and a few weeks back i introduced a formula feed at lunchtime. It took him a week or so to get used to the bottle and formula but now he takes a 7oz bottle no problems. Im doing it slowly asi dont wanna feel bad about just stopping.:cry:

Also ladie i need advice!!! I ordered some of those ovulation sticks but my friend gave me a few of hers so i thought id test cause you never i might catch the first egg before my AF returns. I had negatives the past few days but today i had a positive???? The line is as dark as the other....so i done another to see if its faulty one and i had the same result?!?:wacko: Am i Ovulating? Or can you get false postitives? Surely i cant be this lucky??? EEEKKK

My LO Is 6 month and a few weeks back i introduced a formula feed at lunchtime. It took him a week or so to get used to the bottle and formula but now he takes a 7oz bottle no problems. Im doing it slowly asi dont wanna feel bad about just stopping.:cry:

Also ladie i need advice!!! I ordered some of those ovulation sticks but my friend gave me a few of hers so i thought id test cause you never i might catch the first egg before my AF returns. I had negatives the past few days but today i had a positive???? The line is as dark as the other....so i done another to see if its faulty one and i had the same result?!?:wacko: Am i Ovulating? Or can you get false postitives? Surely i cant be this lucky??? EEEKKK

Get some :sex: NOW!!!

I was hoping you would say that!! Dont wanna get my hopes up as no AF but if its true what they say about catching the egg before your first AF!

My AF came back just after LO first birthday. She still has boob quite regulary, and throughout the night too.
Also, I POAS today and got a :bfn: Only 10 DPO I think, so will try again maybe sunday.

I'd say it's a positive and to get having some sex.

I am down to 2 bf's a day (morning and night), I give Skyler whole milk with his cereal then try to get him to take a sippy cup of it, which he does but inconsistently. Well today he's had almost a cup of whole milk with no problems! I was so proud of him. We're actually making process.

So i have another positive ovulation test today but also a pain in my lower right hand side??? Ive read up about ovulation pain but is that what im experiencing? its pretty uncomfortable....little worried.

It's prObably ovulation pain :hugs:
PS I got pregnant with no AF so it can happen!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->