Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Does anyone know the difference between a fertility monitor that is used with sticks, and those ovulation test sticks?

I might want to try the sticks, but if I buy them, will I have to buy one of these monitors too?

And does anyone else have realy long cycles? Mine is 37 days so far, I Ov'ed like a week ago (not sure, the test at the fertility treatment center said so), but no period in sight.

We're going on holidays next week, and I was supposed to show up at the treatment center again when I get my period (they would tkae some blood and test it, don't ask me...). Which means that if I get my period during the holidays, and chances are this is going to happen, then another cycle is gone, at least it can't be monitored then.

I really hate having a long cycle. How comes that others bf and still get their period like after 8 weeks, and 28 days cycles?:cry:

The fertility monitor tests both LH hormone and estrogen, whereas the ovulation tests only test for LH hormone.

Yes you need the monitor to use the monitor sticks. I suggest eBay.

If you ovulated a week ago, then you could do with a few more days before your period shows up or you will have a short LP, and that's not good. x

Hun I've been having periods ever 11-20 days! Way to short! My lp is only 5-6 days long at the moment, I'd take a nice long cycle and a chance of conceiving over my short ones where it's impossible. I am currently 4dpo so the witch should be here any day.

I'm down to 1 breast feed a day now and I'll be cutting that out in 5 days! I am sad but happy, I can't wait to have my boobs back.

Kelly, I also consider cutting down on bf'ing an option. I read that after 6 months or so, bf'ing doesn't up the prolactine (sp?) level anymore, but I still want to give it a try. As the lo is over a year already, I am sad but also feel it's about time.

And I've ordered ovulation tests (the ones you can use without the monitor), so maybe next time I ov I hopefully know before and not when the best time to DTD is over already.

Another appt at the fertility center tomorrow. I feel rather stupid going there at all, as there are couples who have no children at all.... but I do really want to get preg very soon as otherwise the age gap between the LO and #2 would be too big. :nope:

But I hope they can tell me what exactly I'm supposed to do now, with a cycle of 40'ish days and still no period:shrug:

I haven't bf'ed in 40 hours! Looks like i am done a few days earlier then I though. My boobs are quiet large right now though but they're not uncomfortable... I weaned slowly so I only had two feeds to get rid of. I am sure they will be hard tomorrow though :wacko:

Wow 40h!! Sweet! Mine don't get uncomfortable anymore if Bun misses a feed. I think BF is definitely on the way out for us too, as Bun can take or leave his 1 BF/day. xx

Yeah it's nice to be able to wear all my nice bras again! Only the left side was a bit uncomfy (since i mostly nursed from that side) the right side is soft and not engorged at all, so I just sprayed some off the left side in the shower.

blah. just gonna cut in and moan for a minute :(
I am feeling a bit unprepared (in the emotional sense) for "TTC/NTNP". Ive been pregnant twice now and both times it happened on the first cycle of trying. Now that we are trying for number 2, we have diligently TTC for 1 cycle, and NTNP for 4 cycles...i never thought it would take that long. I mean, i know its not long for a lot of you guys, but i guess im just a little surprised that it didn't happen as quickly since it happened so easily the first 2 times. ugh...what is wrong with me? :(

Nothing is wrong steph! It takes the average couple 7 months to conceive, you could have been super lucky to catch two eggs on the first go or maybe your thyroid is messing things up a bit for you? It will happen and I bet it will happen soon! Besides the longer it takes for you (but i hope not to long) means the more likely we are to be bump buds again and I'm pretty sure I'm an awesome bump bud :haha:

Kelly and sun - good to hear that things work out so well. How do you deal if your boobs get all swollen (sorry, so graphic:blush:) from not bf'ing?

We never did the meals thing but BF'd on demand if you'd call it like that. That made it a lot harder to figure out which of the 3 bfs from 11 am to 2 pm I was supposed to replace by a meal, when the lo started to be interested in our foods.

Then, when I wanted to slowly stop bf'ing an replace the bf's by ff, she refused to take the bottle - and that, after we've fed one bottle per day since she was born. All of a sudden she started to not drink anything else that water. Now it's also tea, but no milk or fruit juice or something.

Wha, I'm babbling... We are down to bf'ing before a nap or sleeping time at night, and she usually wants to nurse back to sleep at night a few times as well. Believe it or not, that's a step forward for us. I'm about to drop the nap time bf'ing, I'll just have to figure out how I will get her to sleep then. She's so used to nursing to sleep, though she sometimes falls asleep when sitting in the buggy. I guess that's my mistake.:shrug:

Let me know if you figure out good ways to drop the BF to sleep habit. We're now on about 5 per day which is 2 naps, bed time, one+ night waking and mornings. While rocking and such works for OH to get baby off to sleep nothing but boobie works for me. :(. I'd like to either day or night wean in the hopes of not cutting her off completely, but neither looks likely.

Thanks Tiff :friends: you always find a way to put a smile on my face- true points about the bump buddie thing :D

I was sorta wondering about the thyroid thing, its obviously a large possibility. Although, i did get bloodwork and my thyroid is normal, but maybe it just became normal, idk :shrug: My cm has been really weird though. Like it will get EW when im near ovulating but for a week or so before that it is unlike any CM i have ever had. Its stringy, and thick, and it stretches decently far, but its not EW. I dunno how to explain it. Its not watery, its not "sticky", its certainly NOT creamy or dry. But its not EW either...it "acts" EW bc it stretches, but its super thick and white and clumpiesh (i do NOT have any infections its been like this since Feb). On the other hand, i did use OPKS that one month we were literally TTC and did get a positive for like a day, of course thats no gurantee i Ov.ed but who knows.

I'm not sure abOut the cm but my ewcm is never text book ewcm it stretches but it's more of a super wet creamy stretchy ewcm.

My boobs are swollen I am going to ice them today and will take clomid this coming cycle to help with my progesterone issues which should also help dry me up some. My breasts are uncomfortable but not unmanageable.

I'm gearing up to head into my fertility clinic interview in 7 mins! I'm nervous. I really want this job but so many things have to come together for it to work. Plus I'll have to put skyler in part time day care poor little guy. I wonder how he'd cope. He'd be with a babysitter at our house till sept then he'd be either in day care or being baby sat by my friend at her place (which is what I prefer)

Steph I'm glad I make you smile. I'd love to be your bump bud again! Maybe you could be a texting doula bumP buddy for me this time around lol.

Steph I'm glad I make you smile. I'd love to be your bump bud again! Maybe you could be a texting doula bumP buddy for me this time around lol.

Hey, im game! Hehe, you can even call me and i'll talk it through with ya or your dh :D

As per the cm, its just so odd because it has never been that way in my life-ever. Its kind of gross...lol

Ok interview done! It went well. I should know by the end of the week either way. I really want this job! She does have a few more interviews at least four from what I could see. I'm going to be all nerves till she calls.

Glad they gave you a date to know by! There is nothing worse than waiting on a phone call that you have no idea will ever come or not. :nope: Im sure you did great!

Guppy - I have no experience with cm really, just had a look on mine here and there since we started TTC. But yeah, at the end of a cycle the cm is supposed to rather disappear I think? I'd wait till you period is due and then see. Don't you just hate the waiting...

Kelly - well, all you can do is to wait for the call, now. Will they know that you are also there as a patient, can they look it up on computer or something? Anyway, I think that it won't really effect your chances to get the job, will it?

As for the day care, I know that this is not just a hard time for the lo but also for us, the mommies:cry: Here, they have you go to the day care places with the lo and stay there the first days, then after a few days, you leave for a few mins, then half an hour and so on until the lo has gotten used to the place. This usually takes about 4 weeks and you usually start the day care 4 weeks before you have to get back to work for that reason. I find this method better than just leaving the lo in a place he or she doesn't know at all, with strange people etc. (Though your friend wouldn't be a stranger to the lo, I understand.) We start at the end of July, btw:cry:

bky - I'm so with you, there! Our lo too, would only fall asleep while bf'ing - at least when she's with me. Or like I said, when being pushed around in her buggy sometimes. For hubby rocking and stuff like that used to work, but now she's figured out that crying very loud breaks mommy's heart and makes her come:blush::nope:

I know I could stop bf'ing by just not offering resp. refusing my my boobie. Sometimes it's quite easy to distract the lo, but only when it's not sleeping time. I don't have to energy the stress about getting her to sleep without boobie, right now (exam time etc). So I've stopped worrying about the sleeping time bf, it's just the embarassing situations in public I want to avoid, when the lo would pick my shirt letting me know she wants to bf now.:baby::thumbup:

I might add that I am probably that I was being very stupid today. I mean, it's not that I'm not grateful for having the LO... I just want another baby so bad, and not in a few months but now! I don't want a huge age gap between them*childish*

And me going to a fertility treatment center, well... I don't know how that sounds to people who haven been TTC for #1 for years now.

Second stupid thing I did was that - besides the age gap thing - I mentioned that I've always wanted twins. I mean, I must totally look like I'm going there just to get twins. Right now. And a boy and a girl, please, now that we're talking about. It's true, that's what I would love... but truth is also that I'd be happy to just get pregnant some time soon, with a healthy baby, boy or girl. I'm not sure if between all the discussion about what to do and how I don't want to wait another cycle (40ish days for me), the most important thing got totally lost in wish-thinking:nope:

They should have no reason to look it up but they will know once i am hired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->