Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

Just wanted to confirm I got my BFP on CB digi today... now I believe it :) this was my first egg(s) since reuben was born too.. I freaking hope its more than one egg lol. It's still so early but I'm trying to be positive about this baby. Wishing everyone good luck, and no offense but I hope I'm not back here for a while love to you all xx

YAY!

Just wanted to confirm I got my BFP on CB digi today... now I believe it :) this was my first egg(s) since reuben was born too.. I freaking hope its more than one egg lol. It's still so early but I'm trying to be positive about this baby. Wishing everyone good luck, and no offense but I hope I'm not back here for a while love to you all xx

:happydance: Wow, Congrats!!! :happydance:

Congratuations :wohoo: So did you not have an AF before concieving ?

Still in the no AF club here as well.
Congrats on the BFPs and sorry about the :angel: Nicole.

I'm feeling super bummed about my temperatures. Over the past 15 days they have ranged from 96.2F to 97.4F but really all over the place. Not sure how to link my chart.... My sleep is interrupted, but I don't actually get up, just adjust the baby IYKWIM.
I've been trying to day wean as well (started that May 23rd), but only kept it up regularly for 2 weeks then LO got sick. Am trying again now, but I hate saying no. Since it doesn't make any difference to temps I don't think it's helping eggs happen. :( So I may just keep the good aspects of day weaning (no pumping at work, not having to feed to sleep) and just go on not offering not refusing along with offering not-me milk during the day. So mainly, if she asks, let her have some.

I guess the two main things (from what I've read) for inducing ovulation are to keep the total amount of suckle time under 100 minutes per day, or have at least one 6 hour no BF break per day. I've tried the latter and I'd need a stopwatch for the former.

About out of Vitex (been taking for 3 months), started EPO this month.

Blargh I say!

I hope AF shows for you soon Bky, melissa didn't ovulate till she completely stopped bf'ing some people just don't. I hope you're not one of them. Will you be weaning at 1 year or keep going?

For me stopping bf'ing was a hard decision but it was made easier cause my son never seemed to make boob juice the be all end all, he never tried to get into my shirt or cry till I gave him boob and when I stopped bf'ing all together I tried a week later to get him to drain me as I was in so much discomfort and he turned his head with this disgusted look on his face. He didn't want any of it. He would not take formula though so I had to get him drinking at least a cup a day of whole milk before I stopped bf'ing. I was eager to get my periods normalized again so I stopped sooner but for the next will continue on as long as it works for both of us.

I had talked with OH about it several months ago (he's really eager to be baking another already) and we had decided that I'd cut her off at 12 months. However, now I don't really want to. I mean, I'm going to be the one dealing with night wakings and denying her boobie comfort not him, so I don't see why I should have to deal with that on my own. Plus I hate making her sad. Also, I'm really reluctant since BF was a big struggle with us having to combo-feed due to low supply for 7 months. And now if I have a bottle or a boob she won't even look at a bottle (takes them at nursery fine, just not from me).

If only I hadn't been so silly and mentioned to OH I wasn't ovulating because of BF. I keep making that mistake, thinking he knows stuff and then he doesn't! :rofl:

Maybe my next goal for thinking about cutoff is 14 months. As that's when AF usually comes back for ecological BF (which I'm not really doing, but hey it's something to shoot for). I don't know. :?

oh yes, i totally understand that. I was only making 1/2 oz every 3-4 hours. So i know what you mean. Isaiah stopped nursing at 5 months (after his teeth came in) because it was so easy for him to go to the bottle because of how much i had to suppliment. ...I still hate that he quit after all of that hard work and stuff. So that is totally understandable what you are feeling :hugs: I say do what your mommy instincts tell you to do. It knows best ;)

Whats ecological bf'ing? I've never heard of that. Are you on any medication for your supply? Cause if you are that could be why you're not getting af since it keeps prolactin levels high.

No, I've stopped most everything. We were able to go exclusive BF (well, with solids) around 7.5 months and I stopped the mini pill at 6 months. Still have the daily oatmeal and sometimes licorice/fennel etc tea. Domperidone didn't work for me and I've long since stopped the blessed thistle and other supplements etc.

Ecological breastfeeding
Many breastfeeding mothers find they remain amenorrheic longer than six months, especially mothers who practice a style of nursing that Sheila Kippley calls "ecological breastfeeding." In Breastfeeding and Natural Child Spacing, Kippley describes ecological breastfeeding as the kind of nursing that most effectively spaces babies: nursing on cue, keeping baby close, providing all nourishment and liquids at the breast for the first five to eight months, and nursing to comfort the baby. It does not include the use of bottles or pacifiers, mother-baby separation, parent-imposed feeding schedules or restriction of night nursings. All of these practices limit the nipple stimulation that suppresses ovulation.

The chance of pregnancy occurring during the first three months of ecological breastfeeding are practically nil. During the second three months, there is a less than 2 percent chance of becoming pregnant before the first menstrual period. After six months postpartum there is a six percent chance of becoming pregnant before the first period. That means that an amenorrheic woman who is relying on ecological breastfeeding alone has a 94 percent chance of not becoming pregnant during the second six months postpartum.

Women who practice ecological breastfeeding average 14.6 months of amenorrhea. Seven percent experience a return of their menses in the first six months following childbirth. Thirty-seven percent get their periods back during months seven to twelve. Forty-eight percent get their periods back sometime during the second year after childbirth. Eight percent go longer than two years without periods.

We did and do some aspects of it, but overall, not really. For a while all bumps and bruises were treated with boobies, but for months now we've moved to hugs and cuddles instead. Before day weaning she had been on about 5 BF per day for a few months. We still co-sleep part of the night (but I wear a shirt!), she's never liked pacifiers, she uses bottles at daycare, and I've been back at work since she was 4 months old. Just trying to think of other things I can do since I don't want to stop...night weaning comes to mind, but without sleeping though I can only see a world of pain there (and lack of sleep for everyone) so it's seriously my last resort.
Natural child spacing would be fine with us if we were younger. But we aren't so it isn't. :?

Oh ok! I pretty much did that kind of bf'ing for the first 4-5 months but I was in the 7% who still got their period back by 3 months pp!! I hope it stays away longer with the second baby as I don't want my third child for a couple of years after the 2nd.

I found this interesting thing: TTC while BF fact sheet

Maybe I should ditch the bedroom nightlight? :haha:

I had an lp defect big time and polymenorrhea from high prolactin levels after I got my cycle back. As soon as I stopped bf'ing I got my 15 day lp back!

Congratuations :wohoo: So did you not have an AF before concieving ?

thanks everyone, yeah no AF before concieving!! I can't believe it. I had just decided i was gonna temp but my chart wasn't making sense, then one day I noticed real egg white cm and so we DTD the next 3 nights, then 10 days later I started getting positive pg tests!!

You're very lucky! I would have killed for that lol. But I knew it would take us longer so I was prepared for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->