Breastfeeding mama's ttc again!

How wonderful, JB! Now, if I could just have a period, I'd feel inspired! haha The husband's home this weekend!!!! Seeing him for the first time in a month! The poor man is going to go back to basic training absolutely exhausted if I have anything to do with it!!

Thanks everyone! I hope to see a lot more of you in 1st trimester before long! But I'll see you all here again in about 9 months lol!!

Congratulations JB!!!!

Nicole I think mothering.com is right. Especially if you have possible wonky opks . I wouldn't trust the first to be a positive being it's still technically lighter then the control line but that second one there is no mistake it's positive. That thing is super dark. :)

Congrats JB!
Egg dust to you Manda.
FF gave me some O crosshairs again. We'll see. Would be good if so as we managed some :sex: then. Not holding my breath as as far as I'm concerned it's another crampy, wet/eggwhite CM stage, like I've been having off and on since 8 months that hasn't amounted to anything yet.

Congrats JB!

Nicole I agree with pretty.

I think Skyler might have lactose problems :(

Oh no Tiffany that sucks!! You going to try giving him lactose free milk and see what happens?

Yup once we get home I'll try him on soy milk for a bit. He's just pooping way to much and it all started at the same time as we introduced dairy. He poops up to 8 times a day and it's always liquid so irks eating his poor bum up. All I can think of is the dairy.

Yes, it is! Aeri LOVES yogurt, but when she eats it, she poops like, every hour and normally it's green! Also causes her a rash as it has stomach acids in it. Definitely lactose intolerant.

Couldn't you just give him formula for another 2 months? I think that could be why they say not to switch to regular milk until after the 12 months mark. You just have to be careful with soy milk. I know around here doc. wont even put babies on soy formula/milk unless its a last resort because it doesn't have everything the baby needs in it.

Guppy, formula is cows' milk based though.

I've started using goats' milk in cooking, etc., as it's closer to human milk than cows' milk is. I also really like almond milk. A child doesn't *need* to drink any kind of milk though, once they're no longer breastfeeding. To be fair, all the "goodness" in cows' milk doesn't get absorbed well anyway. You're better off getting calcium in dark leafy greens, etc. :)

Yes, it is. Straight cows milk has a lot more though.

I want to try goats milk. Isaiah has acid reflux and has been a special gentle brand of formula his entire life. But i hear goats milk is expensive. boo.

Skyler won't touch formula and he's been on cows milk for 2 months plus I was told that introducing cows milk at 9 months is the recommended time frame in Canada.

Nicole his poops aren't green they are normal colours but are sometimes runnier and he poops more frequently. I was considering trying soy milk for a couple of weeks then if I noticed a difference I was going to try to reintroduce dairy slowly does anyone know if there's less lactose is 2% vs 3.25%. And please Jo one comment on how they have to be on whole milk till age 2 I am well aware I'm just asking a question.

Im pretty sure everything is the same except for the fat content and calories, which apparently is what is so important about it to a baby. Everything ive read says all other nutrients are the same. so i assume the lactose would be too. If he is lactose you could always try goats milk. I know some ppl who have used that for their kids but i thought it was just for GERD babies-not sure about lactose. I know my mom said when my sister was lactose (it was only as a baby, eventually she was fine), that she was put on soy formula. But i also know soy is a last resort sort of thing. When she would BF she (my mom) had to cut out diary completely. Are you gonna take him to the doc? Has he tried any other new foods? When you nursed him, did he seem to have a problem when you drink milk? Usually, if a baby is LI they will show a reaction when you eat/drink something with diary and then BF.

I found this. I havn't read through it but looks like it would be a good read:
https://www.babycenter.com/0_lactose-intolerance_1201464.bc

Yes, it is. But he did fine on formula. Straight cows milk has a lot more though.

I want to try goats milk. Isaiah has acid reflux and has been a special gentle brand of formula his entire life. But i hear goats milk is expensive. boo.

Just have a look. Here, it's £1.44/litre, but I'm sure it'd be cheaper Stateside. I know when I was visiting my parents last year, I bought almond milk there for myself, and I was able to get looooads at quite a reasonable price.

The dairy people over there really drum into our heads that our children *must* drink milk, and that's just not the case. The main reason they give is for calcium and vitamin d, but calcium can't be absorbed very well in the state it's in (and certainly not if you have issues with the milk in the first place), and so many things have vitamin D added to them now. x

Definitely wouldn't do soy or almond milk b/c they don't have enough fat content which is really important right now for good brain deveolpement. So goat's milk or lactose free milk would be the best option. Especially if he won't take formula. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->