Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Beautiful scan! Fab news. :happydance: I can understand feeling a little deflated when you'd mentally prepared for twins. :hugs:

Thanks, ladies. Mostly I'm just glad to know for sure one way or the other so I can stop wondering! :flower: (I was spending way too much time worrying about the logistics of 4 carseats! :dohh:)

I have a friend who is a twin and was convinced baby number 2 would be twins. She spent ages looking at car seat options too! Only one baby, though.

11 weeks today! Still 12 days until my scan...

Congrats spiffy! Glad all is fine and that you now know for sure that there is just one in there!! It's the wondering that gets you!! 4 days until my scan so the nerves are starting to kick in a little bit now although glad to not be going alone for a change!! I'm looking forward to telling people and not having to hide my giant belly!!! It's so ridiculous !! I think I would have been totally convinced it was twins too if I hadn't already had a scan!!

Lovely scan Spiffy!

So, I got my genetic test results back yesterday....baby looks perfectly healthy! Yay! Also found out it's a boy! I'm not going to lie....I cried. And I don't mean just a few tears either. :cry: DH and I both were leaning towards a girl, just bc we love our DD so much and love the idea of her and a sister growing up together bc our other kids are so much older. But once the shock wore off we are good now! :thumbup: I think we came up with a name we both love! I've also started planning the nursery and am super excited about it. We aren't telling anyone the gender, so I'm glad I get to share on here. Keeping its secret is so hard! I'm impressed you guys are staying yellow. Good for you!

Congrats on the scan Spiffy! Only 1...shucks! ;)

Team Blue VJean...Congrats! I know it is so hard thinking of having a different sex. I have had 2 boys and I am hoping for a girl this time around but it is also so foreign to me! He will be beautiful! :)

Congrats on the great results, VJean! As for having a boy, don't worry, he and your DD can still be best buds. My brother and I are 13 months apart, and we were inseparable while growing up, so much so that we rarely had friends over because we were just so content to play with each other. :flower:

Congrats V Jean! I know what you mean- I know how much DD would love having a sister and she always refers to the baby as a girl. That's probably the main reason we will find out at 20 weeks- so we can prepare her if it's a boy! I'll be delighted either way, but I find it much easier to picture another girl.

Vjean congratulations on a boy. Will you share his name?

Has anyone else been thinking names?

Xxx

I like Eliana for a girl and maybe Ammon for a boy. My DH just makes it so difficult to find names that I like because he's very strict on his requirement that the name has to have a good meaning. And not just a pretty meaning, like "a grove of aspens", but a good, strong meaning like, "valiant" or "Beloved of God." It makes it so hard to find anything that I like! :growlmad:

We will naming our child Remi Eileen(girl) or Remi Holmes(boy). Kind of nice to have just one name! ;) Hopefully the little one suits it!

We were all set with family names if it's a girl but DD is determined the baby should be called Ruby... OH is coming round to the name Ruby, I'm not sure yet.

We're finding boys names so hard!

If we have a girl her name will be Lillybelle.

No boy names at all. Hubby has suggested rediculous boy names.

Unsure of the spelling itl either be Lillybelle, Lilybelle or Lily-Belle

however I'm not too keen on the hyphen because I know people will shorten it down to Lily though it does look the best on paper.

Our last name is Hartnell so the single l looked funny in Lily also.

Lol why does naming babies have to be so hard.

I'm also having a harder time with boys names this time, whereas I have three names I like for a girl (Eliana, Sage and Avery), which makes me wonder if it'll be a girl, because with DD we had such a hard time thinking of a boy name, and with DS we couldn't think of a girl name.

Zephyr, I've never heard Lilybelle before, but it's really cute.

Cangaroo, that's so funny that your daughter has her heart set on a name! My SIL asked her son what they should name their baby girl and he suggested "Scissors." :dohh: :haha:

Krippy remi is lovely for both and very handy just having the one name!

Zephyr I've never heard of lillybelle.... I like the way lily-belle is written but I think you maybe right in people shortening it to just lily. Lovely name!

Spiffy I think avery is lovely!..... Also scissor has made me chuckle! Baby scissors! Hehe!

Cangaroo ruby is cute and it's sweet your dd likes it.

I'm struggling! Me and oh find names difficult. Corban took us ages of searching! Indigo I decided on when I was in hospital having chemo for the molar. So far I think faya (means fairy) and I like brody but oh isn't so keen as he knows a Brady..... Hmmmmmm! Decisions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xxx

Me too! My son is a little over 21 months old. Oh man, one of the first symptoms (painful breasts/nipples) SUCKED when he'd, well, suck. We nurse once in the morning in bed and once a little before he goes down so it's only twice a day usually unless he's teething and then it's a bit more but OUCH.

My official due date is 11/11.

Welcome esst! It's amazing how many of us there are with due dates very close together. :flower:

I don't even know where DD got Ruby from! I can't think of any friends or tv/book characters with the name, but she's been convinced from the very start that the baby is called Ruby.

I think Lillybelle is cute. I think it's fine without the hyphen; it's similar to Lilybet which is a recognised shortening of Elizabeth.

Her favourite game at the moment is pretending to unzip my tummy and take the baby out so she can play with "her". DD pretends to take her to the park in the buggy and push her in a swing! It's very cute. Yesterday she had her doll and was pretending she had the baby, and exclaimed, "I'm covered in babies!". She's going to be so excited when she can feel kicks and wriggles.

We have a busy day today. It's my birthday! 30 today.... :wacko: We're having a birthday/housewarming party I hope it doesn't rain too much as we were hoping to mostly be in the garden! We were out late last night too but my body decided to wake up early anyway so I'm going to be super tired by this evening.

Happy 30th birthday! Enjoy your day honey.

Esst hello! My edd by lmp is 11/11 but I'm sure my scan will change that! How are you feeling?

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"