Breastfeeding & pregnant Mammas

Thanks guys. When we came here we had great neighbors and one moved already cos the owner sold the house. It's been empty for weeks now. Not sure who brought it or who is moving in.
And now this neighbors selling. Signs went up yesterday. Arr well! Hopefully we get good neighbors.

I've been waking up with huge headaches but other than that I have been good. Still only the odd movement from baby. Cant wait till I feel it more.

Spiffy one of our twins is a terrible sleeper! He will not sleep on his own. He sleeps on me during the day. Sleeps on me at night and then co sleeps in our bed over night.
Not sure how its going to work with a new baby I figured I'd just wing it lol I already barely sleep much and havnt for 2.5 years what's a little less sleep :p I do wish he would sleep on his own but he just wakes and cries.

Zephyr, my DH made the rule before we even had kids that the kids would never sleep in our bed, and so far they haven't! I did talk him into letting them sleep on our floor near the bed if they have a nightmare or something, because my parents let me do that, and I remember how much better I felt just being near them. In fact, have you tried making a little bed for him next to your side of the bed and see if he'd accept that? Then maybe he'll get used to sleeping by himself while still being near you.

Super busy, stressful day at work + nausea all day (I was sneaking crackers at my desk to stave off the worst of it) + sore throat... Not a great combination! I agree with Spiffy- shattered!

Isabella's always woken through the night so we co-sleep. She wakes much less now and hardly disturbs me due to the co-sleeping anyway as she just helps herself! She starts out on her own mattress mostly these days, which is nice.

Yeah we have tried a couple of times if he's on his own he lasts a little while maybe an hour or two tops. Sometimes he wakes after 5 minutes.
I may keep trying! I can't say I've really given it a good run tbh. I'm sure if I kept it up eventually he would sleep through.

Aria has always been good sleeping on her own as soon as we had her reflux sorted but she sometimes climbs into bed as well lol

new baby will be going straight to a bed! No co sleeping this time!!

Zephyr, I forgot your girl's name is Aria. That's so pretty! (I say forgot, because I saw you around the multiples board, too. :blush: Your boy is Max, right?) My daughter's name is Alia, so pretty similar to Aria. :flower:

I'm just so glad that this baby will have their own room, so as soon as I'm ready to move him/her out of our room, I can. When we were living with my in-laws, we had no choice but to keep DS in our room for the first 6 months, and it was rough! We hated sneaking around our own bedroom trying not to wake him up. Eventually we got so tired of it, that we put him in the laundry room until we moved. :haha:

I co sleep until about 4 months then slowly ease them into a cot next to the beds and by 6 months they are in there own room. This bubs will share with either Corban or indigo depend on it's sex. We bought a superking so in the mornings we have enough room for everyone!

Xxx

Our new superking mattress arrives today! Can't wait!

So after my co-sleeping post last night, Isabella woke in the middle of the night and asked her daddy to take her to her bedroom. She's been asleep in her own bed in her own room ever since! First time she's slept at night without me since birth!

Haha that's so funny! Yes Max and Aria :p I didn't think anyone would remember me!

Cangaroo that is really awesome :) hope it keeps up!

Zephyr, I have a pretty good memory (unfortunately, it's really good at storing trivial facts, and not so good at the day-to-day things that I'm supposed to get done! :dohh:)

Cangaroo, that's amazing! How perfect that she made that descion on her own. :flower:

So DH offered to do the night shift last night (which is a big deal, because it means he has to sleep on the couch with the monitor, otherwise I'd wake up before he would, anyway), so I got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep last night. It was amazing! :)

It really was amazing. I'm sure that's not her moved out for good; she'll always be welcome in the family bed. It's lovely that she's started to take that next step in the direction of independance, though!

I love that all of our older babies are going thru similar stages.... It's so nice to have other mamas that understand what your going thru!

We just moved Haddie to her own bed/room 5 days ago. She was nursing all night long and I wasn't getting any sleep. We moved her to her bed after her bedtime nursing and she sleeps all night now. I feel guilty and I miss her, but I was losing my mind from lack of sleep and my full time job!

It was so hard when Raif started sleeping in his own room but the same thing we were both getting more and better sleep! I still miss him and he moved when he was about 9 months or so. I so enjoy the times he wakes up too early and I can snuggle with him in bed for an hour or so!

We co-slept from birth, not intentionally really it just felt right. Once she started having 'bedtime' earlier than us we put her in her cot and then on waking she comes in with us for the rest of the night. She wakes to feed 1/2 times at least in the night but she is going through such a hungry phase at the moment and of course the 18 month sleep regression is playing a part as she sometimes has trouble settling which had not been a problem for a while. Hopefully she will be sleeping through in time for her little brother or sister to start keeping me up all night ;)

Well, it's just the one! Deep down I knew it would be, but there was just enough to make me keep wondering. In fact, before my OB did the ultrasound, she said, "Lets find out if there's more than one," because of my morning sickness this time, which I haven't had before. So at least I'm not totally crazy. :haha: Baby was measuring 11+4, so a little big, but not enough to account for how big I look. I must just have an ambitious uterus. :dohh:

Attachments

• Baby #3 at 11 weeks.jpg
    Baby #3 at 11 weeks.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 2
Exciting! I can't wait for my scan next week. Probably only one too. And you are going yellow! I would love to be surprised but dh always wants to find out. congrats! I'm glad you had your appt in the morning, I was hoping to get on this morning and see what you found out!

Thanks, luvymom. Yep, we're staying team yellow this time, although DH and I both have a hunch that it's a girl because of the MS. :flower:

Thanks, M2C. The funny thing was, I sent my DH a text saying, "You can take a deep breath. It's just one baby." and he texted back, "I can't tell if I'm disappointed or not." And that's kind of how I felt, because I had told myself to prepare for twins, just in case, and then to find out it was one was almost like losing that other baby that I thought might be in there. Weird. But I'm totally happy to have one healthy little baby, and glad that I won't be waking up with two newborns all night long. :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->