Breastfeeding problem after having Tongue tie snipped

Louisex

Reaction score
So Leo is 5.5 weeks old now and nearly 11lb he's putting weight on beautifully having at least 3 poos and 6 wet nappies a day.
Sounds perfect right! Well it's far from perfect.

Leo became fussy at the breast around 3 weeks and it's got worse ever since. Since the way im feeding him And the way i latch him on is perfect The breastfeeding coordinater suggested getting his tie snipped and Two days ago he had it done now it's worse than ever he's crying most of the day he don't sleep for long periods he has a 2 minute feed and them crys for up to 2 hours. He has been awake for nearly all of today crying and fussing he's completely shattered. He clicks when on my boob and takes in loads and loads of air but I know he's on correctly 100% I can't cope with the crying I feel sick to my stomach and have started crying with him.

Can I add my daughter is also TT and I had no problems feeding her for 6.5 months.

Can anyone offer and help.

I don't know if I can help as Such but my lo had a Tongue tie too. It was snipped when he was 6 weeks (I had really bad pain when feeding and was taking hours). I felt things got worse before they got better- I had 2 bouts of mastitis now I'm having thrush treatment, lo wasn't draining the breast properly so had green poos etc. Now at nearly ten weeks things are getting better. I think maybe they need to relearn as they get into bad habits cos of the Tongue tie. It should improve for you but I know it's hard. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->