Breastfeeding Support - 6 months and beyond!

:shock: 3!? Where on earth did that time go! Are you going to have a party?

Evie will be 2 in April!

yep cant wait only time people visit me to lol defo have to be a themed one. he likes postman pat and I seen a cake in sainsburys for that.

yep cant wait only time people visit me to lol defo have to be a themed one. he likes postman pat and I seen a cake in sainsburys for that.

Aw take lots of pictures for us!! Ollie's 1st party is tomorrow, then his 2nd is saturday! I'm really excited!!

Hi :wave: I haven't posted in here for a very long time!

Mummyem - pretty much same situation as I'm in.

Supposed to be going away for a long weekend in August and it's making me sad to think that I'll have to stop BF before then :-(

Maybe I'll be lucky and she'll self wean before then anyway?

I wonder if I can still BF... I'll only be missing 6 feeds (Fri am, Sat and Sun am & pm, Mon am) My boobs would probably explode though right? I'm not going to pump while I'm up there - haven't been able to successfully pump since she went down to 2 feeds a day at 12 months. Urgh. So I suppose I'll have to stop a couple of weeks before to give my boobs time to settle and get LO used to not having BF before bed and first thing in the morning.

Do 26 month olds still have milk before bed? Will she need a bottle/cup? BFing is soooo much easier and more intuitive! lol

i agree about it being easier! There have been times I thought about quitting (terrible biting phase) and decided it was worth it to stick out because I had NO desires to get up in the middle of the night to make a bottle.

hey all :wave: have not posted on here in ages, time to fix that i think :haha: hope you are all well. have been bf owen for 19 months now and sick of the 'soon you'll stop' comments :grr:

Hey all :)
Maybe - i share your pain, but its now coupled with "you'll want to stop her soon or she'll be trouble when the new baby comes!" grrrrrrrrrrrr!
19 months - so proud :)
xx

oh maybebaby3 Owen was always my favorite boys name!!! however my brothers name is Owen and i felt weird naming my kid after only one of his uncles.

:happydance: well done miss bump!

Had a rubbish few nights with Evie :(. Normally she will wake have a bit if boob and settle back down, often (almost nightly) I end up in bed with her an she unlatches and I get comfy, well this week is a different story! Every time I put her down or moved she was crying for "boobies". I was so exhausted on thurs night that I told her boobies were having a rest, she went ballistic :( but I was so tired and drained and beginning to lose i that I left her to hubby and went in the other rOom, after 10 minutes she was still at it ( by this time it was 4am and she'd been up 2 hours) so i went back in as I'd had time to chill, anyhow she stopped crying but was sobbing then said her head hurt :(.

I was in tears as I felt so bad that she'd given herself a headache through getting so worked up. She is so attached to breast feeding that I don't know how we will ever get her to settle without it, me and hubby are both so tired though :(. Wish she would sleep!!

Sorry for the negative rant just feel li having a moan :flower:

:hugs:

We have had a tough few nights too, is there a full moon or something as lots of people i know with children have said its been bad this week :haha:

It will pass hun

Oh and my mum keeps trying to get me to give Evie growing up milk :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: !!!!
She does have CM from the fridge, she calls it 'fridge milk' lol and if she asks for it i give it to her but BM over growing up milk? Perlease.... there is NO comparison :dohh:

when did you girls cut down to 2 feeds a day?

Eva is still on 3 and i'm going to start studying soon so i think i'm going to have to cut down to just a morning and evening feed.

Love

Maybe there is MB :haha: - what is it with mums!! My mum recorded the extreme breast feeding programme for me to watch to see what you "have to do" to wean them :ignore:. Love my mum to pieces but his is one thing we have to agree to disagree on

Hi betheney Evie hasn't cut down to 2 so sorry I can't help, she would sit and nurse all day long if I allowed it! X

Maybe there is MB :haha: - what is it with mums!! My mum recorded the extreme breast feeding programme for me to watch to see what you "have to do" to wean them :ignore:. Love my mum to pieces but his is one thing we have to agree to disagree on

Hi betheney Evie hasn't cut down to 2 so sorry I can't help, she would sit and nurse all day long if I allowed it! X

Thankfully my mum and mother in law live a million miles away and both keep their opinions to themselves :)

I was under the impression most toddlers only had 2 a day, i'm thinking i'm going to be at uni 2 days a week so i could just have only 2 feeds on just 2 days.

I think a lot do cut down to 2 but I'm at home all day everyday with Evie at the min so she just tries to help herself when she's tired, bored etc!

If I was back at work or going to uni like you then her feeds would reduce on those days, if I'm not around she doesn't seem to bother but if I'm there she thinks I'm a walking easy access milk machine :haha:

I think a lot do cut down to 2 but I'm at home all day everyday with Evie at the min so she just tries to help herself when she's tired, bored etc!

If I was back at work or going to uni like you then her feeds would reduce on those days, if I'm not around she doesn't seem to bother but if I'm there she thinks I'm a walking easy access milk machine :haha:

Eva in the past has occassionally grabbed at my chest and she's doing it a little more right now but to be honest if i did the "don't offer, don't refuse" i think we'd be weened in a week, she never really asks for it or seems to notice if she misses a feed. But she's the exact same with her solids, she could care less if she starved for an entire day, so i'm going to continue feeding her, i want to make 24 months but alot of women do talk about milk drying up while pregnant and i am TTC at the moment.

Rosie went the other day feeding at 5am 8am and then not again until 6pm! It was crazy! She isn't ready for that yet but there are days she feeds 3x and days she feeds 5x.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->