Buddies for bubs due November 2009 - THIS GROUP IS NOW CLOSED

HI gals

how is everyone doing??

Jen and Polaris wow that is amazing that your not going to know the sex of the baby. I personally cant wait to know..I guess it would be an exciting surprise to know it at birth but im too curious I couldn't handle not knowing and the doc knowing.
Mynx.. hahah that is funny about the emotional part I know exactly what you mean.. the other day my husband called from work to see if I was doing ok and i just kept crying and crying and couldnt explain myself. is this your first?
well I had a rough night last night.. I have been constipated for a while and didnt do anything about it and i guess i got too impacted (sorry TMI) and was in the bathroom for hours screaming of pain it was horrible. I do feel alot better now. I really do need to watch my diet and include alot more greens and fiber to help this problem.

Hi LilianA :) No this isnt my first, my DD will be 17 when this little one is born lol! So in terms of baby equipment.. it may as well be my first! I've forgotten all the little things that go along with being pregnant and having only found out last week (I'm just over 9 weeks!) I think I'm thru the worst of the early symtpoms lol!

Fibre is so important while pregnant! I'm glad you're feeling better now tho :) :hugs:

WOW mynx so it is kinda like a first pregnancy you will have to get all the baby gear again that is always exciting. are you going to know the sex of your baby?
it must have been nice to be done with so many weeks when you first know about your pregnancy.

Hi girls.

Mynx - I weighed myself after reading your post and I am about 8-10 lbs heavier than pre-pregnancy weight!!! Arghhh, not too happy about this. Mind you I have just eaten a huge birthday dinner that OH cooked for me so I'm hoping that a lot of that extra weight is actually dinner if you know what I mean. Might weigh myself again in the morning just to see. Although let's face it, I'm going to keep stuffing my face whenever I feel like it so maybe I should just resign myself to being the size of a house by about week 12!!

Liliana - sorry to hear about your constipation, sounds very unpleasant - I haven't had any problems with that so far but I am getting ridiculous amounts of wind at both ends, quite embarrassing really!

Jen - my m.s. seems to be easing up a bit over the past few days so I haven't needed to get the travel bands yet. I would be delighted if it stayed away to be honest - although I know if it does then I will start to worry about possibility of missed miscarriage. I have read that risk of m/c goes down a lot after about 8 weeks but does anyone know how common a missed m/c is? This happened to a friend of mine a couple of months ago, she just found out at her 12 week scan that the baby had died at about 7 weeks, she had a horrible time afterwards too because she was given drugs to induce m/c and sent home and then she badly hemorrhaged and was in hospital for a week. Sorry for the depressing story but I was talking to her earlier and it freaked me out a bit.

Anyway apart from that, it is my birthday today, OH has just gone to work so I really have nothing planned for the evening. We are going to go out for a nice meal tomorrow evening and he cooked me a gorgeous dinner earlier so I can't complain! It's lovely being pregnant for my birthday cos I know I'd be feeling really depressed today if I was still TTC.

Sorry another long waffle from me!!!! Bye for now!

Polaris HAPPY BIRTHDAY guess what.. its my birthday today too :) thats funny. dont worry about the miscarraige thing its really common early on in the first few weeks and your past that and it sounds like your doing great. when I had my miscarraige a few months ago i was seeing brown discharge and my hcg was very low and bled heavely at 6 weeks. but if your not seeing any blood and you dont have bad cramps dont worry yourself too much.

No way - that is totally mad!!! Happy Birthday to you as well! I used to hate having this birthday when I was a child cos no-one would ever believe it was my birthday. Are you doing anything nice to celebrate? What age are you, I am 34 today, feeling a bit old! LOL.

Thanks for the reassurance about m/c - sorry to hear about your experience though - I hope that all goes perfectly for you this time round.

happy bithday polaris

How is everyone doing ?

My ms is more or less constant at the moment, and im still quite tired. My dad came to visit last week, and has left me with a stinkin cold lol

Ive been trying to catch up with all the last pages of posts, as couldnt get on much last week. So hello and congrats to the ladies who i havent yet had chance to speak to.

Aussie Jen - Thanks for the info on the scans. I have my next scan 21st april, and they want me to be scanned every 2 weeks after that. Due to my diabetes, and them wanting to check the babies growth etc. I will definatly be discussing the risks, of all these scans and seeing if i can reduce any of them. I guess its just a case of weighing up the risks of the scans, with the risks of my diabetes.

Polaris- I know what you mean about the birthday being on APR 1st I always get the same coment " no way april 1st so your a big lie" lol. but in a way i like it being kinda unique if you know what i mean. we are going out for dinner tonight then going to the mall to pick out something for me, not sure what i want though I cant make it too expensive right now. I turned 28 today :).

Jennie- welcome back... sorry about the diabetes thing I hope all goes well for you and the baby. just to ease your mind though.. with my son I didn't know that scans had risks and my doctor would show him to me everytime i went there and i loved it and he turned out a healthy big boy. and my mother is a radiologyst and has an ultrasound machine in her office and when she was pregnant with my brother she would always have my dad ( also a doctor ) check out my brother and he turned out just fine.

Hi Mynx. Re the weight issue, sometimes the baby "sucks up" your body weight in the early stages of pregnancy (and indeed sometimes for the whole pregnancy, if you're lucky enough :rofl:). Some women don't start putting on extra weight until 20 weeks gestation.

However, thankfully there is no evidence that states that maternal weight is indicative of how healthy the baby is. So don't worry if you're not getting heavier. :)

:hugs:

Hi Lilian.

I feel for you, hun. I had really bad constipation with my first. I actually had to go to the health food store and get some "natural fibre capsules" to take for the majority of the pregnancy. Including foods that are high in fibre in your diet and drinking lots of water can obviously be very helpful, but keep in mind that constipation in pregnancy is largely an affect of all those hormones pumping through your system and some women do need to take a fibre supplement.

Polaris, here's some info about missed miscarriage for you:

"What is A Missed Miscarriage?

A missed miscarriage is a miscarriage in which the body does not expel the various elements of a terminated pregnancy, such as the fetus and placenta, for a period of many weeks – despite the fact that the fetus has died. Because of this, women will often not be aware that a miscarriage has occurred.

This type of miscarriage is also referred to as a missed abortion or a silent pregnancy.

Four-fifths of miscarriages occur during the first twelve weeks (first trimester) of pregnancy, although they can occur beyond this date – this is called a late missed miscarriage.

What Causes a Missed Miscarriage?

The exact cause of a missed miscarriage is unknown. However, about half of all early miscarriages occur due to a genetic problem with either the egg or sperm.

In addition, other factors such as immune system problems and serious infections can increase the risk of miscarriage. The chance of having a miscarriage also increases with age, because of the natural deterioration of egg quality.

About one percent of all pregnancies end in a missed miscarriage.

Signs of A Missed Miscarriage

Some symptoms of this type of miscarriage include:

- a reduction or loss of pregnancy symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea and breast tenderness
- absence of fetal heart tones on ultrasound
- vaginal discharge that is first brown in color and then becomes bright red blood

However, symptoms of a missed miscarriage can be confusing. Sometimes, a woman experiencing a missed miscarriage will continue to experience pregnancy symptoms, such as fatigue and nausea. This is due to the fact that placental tissue continues to release pregnancy hormones, even after a miscarriage has occurred. This can also result in a positive pregnancy test.

Also, discharge does not always occur immediately, making it difficult to discern whether the pregnancy has terminated."

from https://www.womens-health.co.uk/miscarriage/missed.html .

As you can see, unfortunately there really is nothing you can do to prevent a missed m/c as it's usually due to chromosomal abnormalities. However, your baby needs you to relax about this, and everything else, right now. :)

Take it as it comes and be kind to yourself.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POLARIS!!!!
AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LILIAN!!!!

Hi Jennie.

Re the scans, what exactly will they be looking for on the scans to do with the risks of your diabetes and being pregnant that they can't assess without a scan? For example, I do know that the biggest risk of diabetes + pregnancy is the risk of having a larger baby (or "Macrosomia); the fundal height can generally give an indication of the size of the baby and how fast it is growing (this is a measurement taken from the top of your pubic bone to the top of the "fundus" - or uterus - and is measured in cm here in Australia, and should equal roughly one cm per week of gestation; so your fundal height should be approx 26cm at 26 weeks). Hope this is helpful.

I think the scariest thing I read about ultrasound is that we are using equipment that puts out a much higher frequency than we used to in the 70s and 80s, and research says that the effects (because they're neurological, I'm guessing) can be seen for a few generations. A little scary.

But I know how much you all want to see your babies. You'll have to update me on all your little beans!! :)

Thanks Jen for all the info...its a scary topic. I hope we all have healthy babies.
I see your little feeling icon says that your stressed out I hope everything is ok.

Polaris I guess today your gonna have a nice dinner out. I hope you a great time.
take care everyone and have a good day

Evening girls.. hope everyone is well and little Beans are doing great :)
Today has been a good day, very very tiring tho, I was dead on my feet by the time I finished work :( My job involves constant walking, so I dont know how I'm gonna cope doing this full time when I'm bigger... I might have to cut my hours down, but at least I know all the walking is good for me and bubba :D
No random outbursts of tears today which is a good thing lol!
Tomorrow marks the start of my week (and a bit!) off. I was going to go in for the first part of the morning but I'm sooo tired, I could do wiv a bit of lay in! So instead of getting up at 4.15am and leavin for work at 5.15am, I'll be tucked up in my bed :D Cant wait !!
Gonna be ringing the midwife at 9 to find out if she can see me for my booking appointment too, hopefully she can cos I'd wanna be seen sooner, rather than later! I think I just need the extra confirmation/reassurance.
And this evening, I intend on taking it easy and putting my feet up and doing not alot lol!
Hope everyone has a good evenin, wotever they're doing :) xXx

Pfft so much for my lie in! I had to ring in work at 5am - we have to ring an absence line 1 hour before our shift starts - and wasnt tired enough to go back to bed! Paying for it now tho cos I'm knackered! But I have stuff to do! Gotta ring the midwife, I've got Nikkinoonoo coming over this morning with the gorgeous Jessica, and I've got a ton of washing to do!! Gaaah!! I've also got to get my overnight bag sorted cos I'm off to my OH's place tonight... it's his birthday on Sunday so we're having a family meal at his parents. Bit of a double celebration, so that should be nice :) So much to do and not enough time!!

Anyways girls, hope you all have a good day! :hug:

Hey all. Yes, don't worry. Just stressed because I'm dealing with running a business, full time study plus my practical work for that, and also looking after my hubby and toddler!

Not a dull moment. :)

Hope you are all well. Too bad you didn't get yr lie-in, Minx. :(

Happy Belated Birthday, Aussie Jen!

Mynx - wow you have to get up so early for work - don't know how I'd cope with that. It'll be nice to have a bit of a break for a bit. Hope the midwife can fit you in this afternoon - I wouln't worry too much if she can't though, I'm not seeing the midwife till the 16th.

Well - I didn't really enjoy the dinner out very much, I was quite disappointed with the evening really. First of all I was absolutely starving, we had booked the table for 7.30 but were late getting to the restaurant so it was 8 p.m. by the time we were sitting down, by that stage I was feeling really hungry/queasy. Missing mealtimes is just not good for me at the moment. Then when the meal arrived, OH's fish was really overdone, it was like rubber, he actually had to send it back it was that bad. So that was very poor as it was supposed to be a fish restaurant!! And then by the end of the meal I was so bloated I felt like a beached whale and kept getting horrible cramps and was exhausted. Actually started crying on the way home because I was just so sick of everything, I can't wait to have a proper pregnancy bump cos at the moment I just feel fat and sick and spotty, it really brings me back to my younger years when I was a good bit heavier than I am now and was also very insecure. I'm feeling a lot better this morning though and OH was lovely last night and was just like, well you're pregnant, this is how your body changes when you're pregnant. I think it was just the emotional hormones kicking in to be honest.

Hello everyone.

Jen Happy belated birthday. I can see how all of that around you can make you stressed out. a hot bath and a glass of juice sounds relaxing after all that.

Polaris sorry about your dinner being ruined.. MS has hit me hard the last two days, it seems like the whole world around me smells really strong even the smell of soap after i wash my hands makes me queasy. when i move too much i get queasy and light headed..as soon as i get out of bed in the morning i run to the bathroom to throw up but nothing comes out..and I try to stop it all day long.. I want it to be over already :hissy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->