Buddy wanted!

hello :D

im ttc #1, i'm 21 my OH 20 and we have been trying for 3 months. Like a couple of others on here we are not telling anyone we are TTC. It is a lonely process especially when everyone around you is pregnant or asking you when do you want a baby and then having to lie and say "ohh we want to wait a bit"

So sorry to hear that Lilly. Just means you'll get a chance to potentially conceive while in France :winkwink: (DH is going with you right? I thought you had mentioned that a while back).

hello :D

im ttc #1, i'm 21 my OH 20 and we have been trying for 3 months. Like a couple of others on here we are not telling anyone we are TTC. It is a lonely process especially when everyone around you is pregnant or asking you when do you want a baby and then having to lie and say "ohh we want to wait a bit"

Welcome MagicWhisper! I definitely know what you mean about it being lonely not telling any one around you that you are TTC. I was home this weekend to visit with my Mom and sisters. While out with my youngest sister and 2 y.o. nephew, she asked me "So when are we gonna get to start buying baby stuff for you?" (we were buying a new car seat for my nephew for my Mom's car). All I could say was "um, eventually..."

Feel free to hang around our thread. Let us know where you are in your cycle and share anything else you want to with us.

thank you :D

we have been trying for 3 months, and i'm on cd 9

ps sorry af arrived :(

Hey magic whisper and welcome!

CD5 now (I think) -on that subject - AF arrived early saturday afternoon - is that CD1?

How are you doing Froggie? Testing soon?

well we will try but we're running our business out here so it's tough Finding time in the day lol

From what I understand, if it's after 12:00 p.m., then the next day is officially CD1.

Keeping my Fx'd that there's some BDing time while your away, Lilly. How awesome would it be to conceive while abroad. I know it's not vacation for you, but still having a fun conception story for your future LO would be pretty neat!

I'm 7 DPO today and AF is due on the 16th, so I'll probably hold out until the 17th to test. Nothing exciting going on atm though. Other than a 3-day headache, no other out-of-the ordinary symptoms to note. Also had a temp drop of over half a degree (F) this morning, but comparing back to previous charts this has happened before only to have AF show, so I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Froggie and can't wait for you to test already!

Oh :nope: I was really hoping I was CD5 today and not 4! I guess I'll O when my body decides to though so it probably makes little difference what day I think I'm on!

Arrrrgggghhhhh I hate TTC!

OMG, I think TTC has turned my brain to mush! I decided to breakdown and test this morning (10 DPO), against my better judgement. My excuse being that I'm going out with friends tonight and didn't want to eat or drink anything bad for me if I got a BFP today.

I've got a few dollar store tests hanging around for this sort of thing, since I don't want to waste money on FRERs, just for AF to show up the same day or a few days later. So I pee in my cup and get the dropper out of the test kit. Drop 4 drops onto the test and wait. Then I realize, OOOPS! I put the urine in the wrong spot. Apparently you aren't supposed to put it directly on top of the control/test line slot. I tried to correct it by sucking everything up with the dropper and squeezing it into the proper spot, but by that time the test was ruined. So I took it as a sign. A sign that I was testing to early and should continue waiting it out.

oh dear woops >.<. i've only taken one test so far and i swear i didn't leave it in long enough xD even though odv it was a bfn

Hey

When will you do another Froggie? So exciting you're at that stage!

I'm CD9 today so entering my "fertile period". Going to start BD'ing as from today as and when we can but it certainly won't be as frequently as when we're at home.

Looks like you're about to O Magic? Is that right? How long are your cycles? Pretty regular?

Froggie I know what you mean actually about drinking. When I'm 12dpo this month I have a team day out in London and they're all going to be drinking in the evening so I'm worried that they'll obviously notice I'm not drinking and also what they'll say. What did you end up doing?

In the Alps currently which is beautiful!

xx to all!

I ended up testing this morning, despite telling myself I wouldn't and despite the slight dip in temp that I saw compared to the last 2 days. Just couldn't get it off of my mind, and of course it turned up as a BFN. I'm really starting to wonder whether I should continue temping after O. With each new temp I swear I spend half the day analyzing what it could mean. Like yesterday I was feeling totally in. Now I'm feeling totally out and just want Tuesday to get here so AF can arrive and we can move on. Who knows what tomorrow will bring!

I ended up going ahead with things as planned and had a few drinks. DH is convinced I'm not pregnant, so he brought the first drink to me from the bar. Honestly, I think this early on if I happen to be preggo, it's not going to do *that* much harm. And after 6 months of AF showing following the TWW, I find it difficult to not keep life as normal as possible during the entire cycle (you know, outside of stressing about and over analyzing the TTC process). That said, the second I get even a faint positive on a test, it'll be all about the bean.

I'll be in San Diego in a couple of weeks for a conference. There's always nights out with friends and contacts during that time, so I'm worried about what I'll do if I get a BFP before then. I had thought about ordering virgin versions of something (since I tend to lean toward fruity cocktails anyways). I'd also considered goggling look-a-like mixed drinks that I could order... Anything to keep my friends from questioning my lack of alcohol consumption since I wouldn't be ready to share the news that early on.

Enjoy your time in the Alps, Lilly. I can only imagine how beautiful it is.

i can't say i have a problem because i don't drink really anyway xD so people seeing me with a soft drink when we go out together is nothing unusual xD

Went out with guests last night and had a couple of glasses of wine but I'm only CD10 so I don't feel bad but then it's not bad to drink anyway in the first few weeks of PG until the umbilical (spelling) is attached? Obviously I don't think it's advised but I very much doubt it would do any harm! There are women who don't find out they are pregnant for weeks and weeks and continue to live as normal!

We BD'd yesterday and I think we'll BD on Thursday and Friday and then Saturday and possibly Monday and then that's it. I don't think we want to overdo it this month like last and if some women can get pregnant from just one time I'm sure we can from a couple lol!

We only have this cycle and next and then we have to stop ttc until January as if I get PG between September and December DH will be in France when I'm due next year which is obviously not ideal so we'll just have to wait. It sucks but I'll use that time to do a few triathlons and maybe go skiing one last time before I'll be taking a little one skiing so will do loads of off piste'ing etc.

Can't wait to O on Saturday though - is that sad?

Going up to 3000m this morning for a run to do some high altitude training! Still snowing up there so that'll be fun and cold...........

i o tomorrow in theory we bd yesterday and will tomorrow and then the day after just in case :D

Keeping my fx'd that this will be the O that results in a sticky bean, Magic!

I'm so jealous that you get to train in the Alps, Lilly! Definitely keeping my fx'd for you as well. Really hoping (as I know that you are) that you don't have to miss a couple of months TTC, though I completely understand why you'd choose to put it on hold if need be. I also completely relate to your excitement about O'ing. I think since starting the TTC process, it's become one of my favorite days of the month!

thank you! baby dust for you both

its the 2 week wait i cant stand it drives me mad haha i try not to symptom spot but near the end last month even my oh was doing it! xD i just try to keep myself busy during that time xD

I was so good about not symptom spotting during the TWW of my first few cycles. Now I can't seem to make myself stop. At least I'm seeing a pattern every month (for the most part), so I'm able to parse out what's normal vs. not during the TWW.

Unfortunately, AF arrived with a vengance (talk about major cramping like I haven't had in years!) yesterday afternoon. Luckily I feel like I had prepared myself for her arrival this month, so I was in relatively high sprits last night all things considered. At this point I'm not sure what else to do to improve my chances - I feel like I'm doing everything right. I've got my yearly gyno appt in a couple of weeks, so I'll be talking to the Doc to get any additional recommendations and about his thoughts on making sure both DH and I are 100% in the sperm quality/ovary function area.

Oh no I'm really sorry to hear that Froggie - that sucks - will you try again like normal next month?

Did you do the SMEP plan this month?

Just did a OPK and it's nearly positive (even after a lot of water) so I suspect I'll O tomorrow! We bd'd only yesterday and today because of guests hearing us so we had to wait until they were out but we're travelling home tomorrow so will bd Sunday and then hope for the best!

How you getting on Magic?

i'm sorry about that froggie :(
good luck lilly :babydust:
im in the ttw so fingers crossed af is due in 10 ways so i'm hoping the witch stays away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->