Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi everyone

Krissi - what a pain that bloke sounds!! Good he's out of your life now and you and OH can focus on each other and your LO.

Pink - I'm so tired at the moment too. keep slacking at work and then when I get home I have all these grand plans of clearing out stuff and don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do it!!

Oh, I'm sure I was gonna say lots of other stuff too but my brain has gone numb!! I just found a recipe for chocolate brownies made in the microwave because I really fancied some!! Not as good as oven-baked ones but definitely did the job for a quick fix!!

I've never seen Twilight or read the books, but I do seem to be on a bit of a vampire book reading spate at the moment. Anyone read the Midnight Breed series by Lara Adrian? A bit trashy in places but quite well written and a bit steamy too!!! :haha:

oh - and how amazing is it that at 23 weeks our babies faces are fully formed!!!!

Pielette - Happy V Day Hun, i cannot wait to get there ..only 5 days to go ...but will be a relief when i do!

Bernie - we priced up a kitchen from ikea they are lovely thats where we will get ours from the problem with doing our kitchen/utility is that the rooms need gutting lots of electrics plastering plumbing so thats unfortunatley what will be bumping up the cost. i felt under a massive pressure to get everything done asap but ive had to admit defeat, weve been in three years but the rest of the house now needs a fresh coat of paint which i want done before bubs arrives. Putting off the kitchen will help give the dog more time as although hes not bad hes only nearly 12 months still chews a bit and is very hyper so give him longer to calm down and behave better! x

Oooh - happy V day Pielette! I missed that post somehow!!

Pielette - happy V day!

Pink Sparkle - don't stress about the kitchen, there is no rush. As i said it has taken us 7 years!!Yikes!

I love reading and whilst i like the Harry Potter films they just do not compare in the slightest to the books....they just miss so much out! The last film was very good though and i'm hoping this one does the book justice as well. I would really recommend reading them, the later ones are really awesome.
And yes Edward Cullen makes me swoon in the books and the films!! lol!

Ladies ladies ladies...... Edward Cullen? Yuck! LOL I'm firmly team Jacob LOL I like a man with some meat on him!! LOL really I just like muscles.

Both series have been very good, and I agree about the books being much better than the movies, bit in comparison, the Harry Potter movies are much better than twilight movies if you ask me.

Happy vday pielette! So exciting for you!!
And krissi, so glad that Guy is out of your lives!

As for me, I've cried like a baby today, my dog bit a little boy, on a bike, my dog is freaked out by bikes, he slipped his leash and chased the bike and when he caught it he nipped the boy. Nothing bad, a tiny scratched, but in my eyes, we can't have him doing that, so we had to give him away. My brother in law took him out to his farm and hopefully he will be a good boy out there.

It breaks my heart, I'm gonna miss him, but I know its best. I can't own a dangerous dog.

Oh Angie I am so sorry it must be heartbreaking buy you have made the right decision.

Happy v day Pielette xx

Hi Girls,

I think I forgot to say I was off on holiday for a week so have just caught up - what a lot can happen in a few days! I won't go back over too much old ground but am hoping everyone's allergies, tiredness, aches and pains are all becoming manageable and that everyone is doing good this week. I am so sorry for Sweetbuthyper, that really is terrible.

I am also thinking about you Angelique, that must have been a real tough one :cry:

So I passed my V Day when I was away and the baby seems to be letting me know they are here almost every hour. I have a pair of pretty impressive 34E's at the moment and one of the kicks I got yesterday moved my left breast! That is one strong kick! My husband got kicked in the head when we were away aswell which is the first time he had felt anything so that was a really nice thing to happen.

On the names front, as you know we are keeping it quiet till delivery but we have settled on Daisy for a girl and Fletcher for a boy. If I get kicked much more i think I might be needing them both - there is no way one baby can make this much movement!

I had my 24 week midwife appointment today and my weight gain is now at 16 pounds and she said that was absolutely fine and my bump is just right considering my stomach strength (its so weird, from the front you can still see the outline of my 6-pack but it looks a bit like an Easter egg!). She also said it was a good time to stop running so I am officially a non-runner these days. Is anyone else still jogging?

So I am thinking we should all share our 24 week bump photos. What do you think? I'll do mine later - don't make me do it alone ladies!!
:hugs:

Aw - Angie, that's so sad about your dog but I think you did a brave and responsible thing

I'm thinking I might need to check out Twilight with all these recommendations! I'm not sure about Edward Cullen, I think he might be a bit young for me!!

Waitress - I've never been a jogger/runner as I'm a bit asthmatic - but I've been trying really hard to get back into swimming regularly as it's good to keep the arms and legs strong - I've managed twice this week and am feeling proud of myself!! I'm up for posting a bump pic if others are!! Probably just a neck-down shot though!!!! :)

Aww angie so sorry about your dog, you have defo done the right thing though and bet the dog will have a lovely life out on a farm, maybe the best all round (did you mention before that you had quite a small yard?). Im with you on the Jacob/Edward front Jacob is way yummier than edward ...i know hes a vampire but hes a lil too pasty for my liking lol! However i have to say i much prefer the vamps in Vampire Diaries and love Damon and Stefan although im swayed a lil by Damon and those beautiful eyes mmmmm!

Waitress glad your V day has arrived and how funny that baby kicked hubby in the head lol! Omg you still have a six pack! Theres no way im putting my fat wobbly baby bump next to your six pack bump ....very jealous hehe! x

Thanks for your support ladies! The parents of the little boy called the police, so now my dog has to go to the pound, despite it being a very minor nip, and no injury, I have to go to a hearing and could face a 1000$ fine and could face my boy being put down.... though the officer said on first bites, when its not a viscious attack, they don't usually destroy the dog. I'm hoping big time!

As for baby, he isn't moving as much as I think he should and I'm starting to worry.... dunno if I should call my doc or not since he does move, just not a.lot

Angie - fingers crossed you won't need to have your dog put down. That would be awful.

Waitress - i can't believe you still have a six-pack! I am seriously impressed. Glad DH got to feel the baby kick. my DH felt the baby move for the first time last week around the 24 week mark.....he was very excited.
And i love your name choices! So cute!

Little one seems to go through phases, she moved loads yesterday and today not so much. It always worries me a little bit, but i try not to stress as generally by the next day she is all over the place again.

I think the Edward/Jacob debate is hilarious. I just don't get the Jacob thing at all and literally swoon for Edward! But i know a lot of people are the other way around. I guess it would be boring if everyone liked the same character. lol!

I haven't taken a photo for a few weeks, so i may get hubby to take one tonight and then i can post (i'm currently 24weeks and 6 days) Yay!

lol lets all have an argument over Edward/Jacob lol! x

Angie - so sorry about the dog, cannot believe they called the police really hope he doesnt get put down xxx

I will do a bump pic and post tomorrow! Eeekk scary won't be a 24 week photo though lol!

Paul can see baby moving now and loves it!

Not sure how much I have put on but think 4lbs over start weight but did lose albs to start so that would make 11lbs total will know for sure on Monday!!

Angie - that's awful news about your dog having to go to the pound. I really hope that things work out ok for you on this. Sounds like a hassle you could really do without. I think at this stage we won't always feel our bubs kicking because they sleep a lot. I thought it was after 28 weeks that we're meant to monitor their movement and make sure we feel at least 10 kicks a day? It might be worth checking with your midwife anyway, just for reassurance!!

Pink - I'm with you on The Vampire Diaries men. Both dreamy in different ways. Funny, I find whichever one of them is being darkest I'm more attracted to - I wonder what that is about!! You have to watch season 2 soon!!! I actually watched it all online - you can watch it on free links with sidereel (as long as you don't mind a few adverts here and there).

Waitress - that's incredible you've still got a 6-pack!! I've never had one in my life!!

Bernie - great to see you back on here regularly, hon!!

here's my bump pic - not a great one as I took it myself a few mins ago. I'll get my OH to take another one later if I remember!!

BTW - who is Jacob? Is he on Twilight too?

Attachments

• 044.jpg
    044.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
Oh my God Angie I can't believe they called the police! I know every parent is just protecting their child but isn't that going a bit far? Since it was only a small nip and no damage was done. I take it the nip didn't break the skin? Really feel for you hun, I adore my cat and know I'd be devastated if for some reason I had to get rid of her :nope: Fingers and toes crossed that it doesn't come to putting him down.
Wow Waitress I'd be very interested in seeing a six-packed bump :haha: I should take some bump photos myself, I haven't taken any so far which is awful. I keep meaning to. And as of today my belly button has officially popped out... No! I like my innie belly button!
Well on the Edward/Jacob front, I have to admit that I am firmly in the Edward camp! Oh yes far too young for me but I can still enjoy a good look :haha:

Ooh lovely bump Leeze! Think we submitted those at the same time!

Great bump leeze, ive seen series 2 on itv2 just havent got the box set will get it though to re-watch series 1 and 2 before series 3 starts omg cant wait for series 3! xxx

Great bump leeze, ive seen series 2 on itv2 just havent got the box set will get it though to re-watch series 1 and 2 before series 3 starts omg cant wait for series 3! xxx

I know!! I think it starts in Autumn - so our little ones will possibly be here by then or certainly almost here!!! Good idea to get box sets for 1-2 - I might do that too. What a great way to start the maternity leave!!!

On that note, for those of you who are working - when are you planning to start maternity leave? I'm thinking of working till 36 weeks, I know this is quite late in some ways but I want to have more time afterwards with our little one

Whoa whoa whoa and WHOA!!!

Just to clarify before I post this picture, you can still see the outline of my abs but my 6 pack has VERY much gone! If we're doing clothed pics a la Leeze then you won't see anyway....:thumbup:

Leeze - your bump is lovely!

And I'm not ignoring the Twilight conversation, I just have NO clue who or what you're all talking about! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->