Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

I am working until 3 days before edd as it's the company year end so I have no choice as self employed!

With both my girls I worked up to my due date.... but I was 20 and 23, and in great shape, and energetic. ... this time I have a couple medical conditions, and have gained weight....

As for my dog, they were supposed to call today and no word so far, I'm hoping they don't push it since we gave him away.... and as for the nip... it barely broke the skin, like, it wasn't even bleeding, and didn't need a bandaide. It looked like he scratched it with a stick or something, not a dog bite. I understand being protective, I would be too..... but the kid was in my yard, on my grass, on his bike. I'm gonna fight this as best I can.

Leeze your bump is adorable, and I'm jealous, mine is not as cute, but its getting there. I will post a pic but I don't know how from my phone. It will be with clothes though.... nobody wants to see my stretch marks from my past pregnancies LOL

Hi Ladies, can i join?? My ticker says 24 + 3 but bubs is measuring 6 days behind.. im sue anywhere from the 24th, but it will most likely be on the 28th or after xx

Hey babyhopes welcome! Congrats on the pink bump! How has your pregnancy been so far? Is this your first baby? x

I worked throughout my pregnancies with dd and ds, i had to leave at 25 weeks with dd as threatening prem labour and was on bedrest from then. Oh wow trying to remember when i left with ds but struggling to! I think i planned on leaving at 36 weeks but i left at 32 in the end, i used a couple of weeks annual leave which took me to 34 for official maternity. Work had just got horrendous there was some conflict between colleagues and was a really unhappy place to be specially being pregnant and hormonal too. I went back to work when dd was 7 months and my plan with ds was to take the full year off and decide whether or not i would return full time/part time or at all! Worked out that i didnt have to go back to work. Hubby didnt want me to go back to work. He grew up with just his dad after his mum passed away when he was young and he remembers how tough it was so just extra keen for me to be at home with the kids. It can be a struggle money wise but it is so nice to be at home with the kids. Its unfortunate that not everyone can, although staying at home all day with children can drive you insane! I dont mind though, i plan to stay off work until this new one is at school and then go back part time hours probably, but i want to go back to night school and retrain.

Morning ladies!

Right, here is my bump photo. I showed it to my friend (via email) who is 36 weeks pregnant and she gave me a massive bollocking saying I am not big enough. Jesus!! She has really upset me actually, suggesting I am not eating enough and exercising too much. AHHHH!!!! I wish everyone would just bugger off. if this pregnancy lark has shown me anything it is that everyone is different!

Man, I am mad today!

Attachments

• 24 weeks bump.jpg
    24 weeks bump.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 7
Ahh hun ignore her! Im carrying pretty small myself ..ok so im overweight..but i dont have a huge fat tummy never have i carry my weight evenly so its not like i have a big fat belly to hide the bump i just dont have much of a bump really. My mum and sis visited me yesterday and they were going on about how small i am compared to my sis (who is due four days before me!) It was so annoying but i said well we all carry different and i always carry small. So long as baby measured well at scan theres no need to worry. They will start measuring your bump further down the line and then if theres concern you will have scans just to be on the safe side...i bet though your go to bed one night and next day your have a huge bump and be like wtf! lol x Towards the end of my last pregnancy my bump starting shrinking..my mw was stunned and said shed never had a lady whose bump got smaller she actually got quite concerned and monitored me a bit closer, think it was baby just moving down ready for birth.

I am in agony I started getting this pain in top of my bum bottom if my back like I have fallen but I haven't I am struggling to sit down and generally want to cry!!

Loving the bump pics will do mine today. I weighed myself today and I am now 11 stone :( I started at 10 10 but went down to 10 6 still considering the size of bump I guess I should be grateful! How can baby weigh only one 1lb ish at the mo and I weigh so much Grrrr!!!

Oh Krissi hope your ok hun, my lower back plays up something rotten particularly when i lay in bed at night.

My mum lost 7lb when she was pregnant with me and i weight 7lb 1oz:wacko:

Hi thanks for the welcome, my pregnancy has been not so eventful so far , i had bleeds and SCH (bloodclot) in first tri, i have an anterior placenta and still have not felt baby move so far, so its not great..my doppler and my monthly scan appointments are what keep me sane!

sorry about your backache krissi, i had them the whole time and i tried heat compress packs, and they work great.. hope you feel better soon.., xx

Welcome Babyhopes, must be horrible not feeling the baby move, so I’m glad you’ve been using a Doppler.

Waitress – I am so impressed by your bump, you look amazing!! Ignore everyone else!!

Pink Sparkle – must be amazing getting to stay home with your kids, I can imagine it would drive anyone crazy at times, but it must be rewarding also.

I am finishing work on September 16th, so I will be 35 weeks and 1 day. I’m then taking two weeks annual leave, so will be officially starting mat leave when I am 37 weeks and 1 day pregnant.
I just couldn’t face working any later than that, the environment at work is really stressful at the moment and very pressured because of all the changes taking place and I just don’t think it would be a good place for me. Also I have a 45 minute drive to work (in slow moving traffic) which is horrible and so I’d like to avoid that also.

Well I think I may have SPD, the pelvic joints are really sore when I’m walking and when I turn over in the night in bed I really cringe as it is so uncomfortable and painful.  Has anyone else ever had this?
I am seeing my midwife next week so will ask her about it then.

Hope you are all okay

xx

Its not so much my back it feels like I have damaged my coccyx like I have fallen or something (but I haven't) Paul must have kicked me in my sleep or something lol!!

Krissi, try leaning over a chair, or sofa, and having your OH put a bit of pressure above the pain, it helps a lot with things like that, I would also call your midwife.... just in case, I hope it eases up for you!!

Waitress, you look amazing! My 2nd pregnancy I carried just like that, and even now I'm carrying small.... you look like you have a longer torso, and there is more room for baby to stretch in without pushing outward, but even then, I bet you can feel a big change in your body. When I was 8 months and my sister was 4 months with dd my sister was twice my size and nobody believed I was so close to having her.... listen to your body, and your baby, and you will be just fine. You look great!

Baby was kicking like crazy last night, I'm so very glad, cuz the little Guy was worrying me!

angelique .. yay for baby kicking away !!

Bernie, do you have a full body support pillow|? it really works wonders, i use one and its long and helps even when i turn, i dont feel sudden pain as bump is supported by pillow, so is my lower area.. hope you feel better soon.. xx

Waitress, lovely pic, i wish i was bigger as well but youre slim and look so good with your bump properly shaped !

Babyhopes, I forgot to say welcome to the group! I meant to.... but I'm sure u know how baby brain is...

is the coccyx right at the base of the spine top of bum? x

Angie any news on the dog? x

The coccyx is your tailbone

As for the dog, nobody has contacted me yet... I'm crossing my fingers

Yes top of your bum my god it hurts spoke to midwife she thinks it's spd :(

angelique youre such a darling.. :hugs: i know how baby brain is.. i forget my keys and mobile phone everywhere.. and run frantic only to find out its in my bag or my pocket lol :haha:

Krissi, so sorry about the spd diagnosis, i sure hope you feel better soon.. you dont need this extra pain as it is we have a lot to deal with in pregnancy.. !

OMG... I just read about spd and ouch!!!! Krissi I feel for you! I hope you find comfort. I broke my tailbone several years ago, and it still gives me pain now and again if I sit on a hard surface. So I know how bad that can hurt!

Babyhopes... I forget everything, even when I'm not pregnant. My sister calls it mom-nesia cuz it happens from becoming a mom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->