Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

OMG I am so disorganised I havent even thought of hospital bags yet!! Must do that may print off your list Pielette and repeat!!

Fantastic to hear that you and bubs are ok Preethi - it sounds positive in the main, so fingers crossed you can keep her in there until 32 weeks at the earliest. I'm sure she will be a teeny tiny one but in the best hands possible. It must be so hard to keep yourself from worrying, I'd advise just trying to keep busy and making sure everything is ready for her arrival.
Wow Emma all of that sounds fab. I'm planning on having a bikini wax next week (cos quite frankly I can't see my *ahem* bits anymore and I'm tired of faffing with it!). I might treat myself to a pedicure at the same time, I like having pampered feet but can never be bothered to do anything about it and yet again, I can't reach :haha:
Happy birthday to your daughter Angie :flower:
I feel quite tired too, my sleeping at night has been pretty crap lately. But last night was quite good, I managed to sleep through till 6 without getting up to go to the loo. What an achievement! :haha:

Preethi - so great to hear from you. :hugs: Like the others say, the best thing is that she's not in any distress. It sounds like the medical staff know what they're talking about, and its good they want to get her internal organs as strong as possible - hopefully this would mean she'd need less care when she comes out and even though it's such a worry now then hopefully when she comes out it will be less of a worry and you can focus on being a new mum to a very strong little baby girl.

Pielette- I have to admit I copied your hospital list yesterday and added a couple of bits of my own too!! (mainly my Kindle and some extra nightwear, just in case!!). How amazing to sleep through till 6 today!! I was up 3 times last night - grrr. I did manage to get up for a swim this morning which I'm very proud of myself about - I only did 18 lengths as there wasn't much time and I'm going pretty slowly nowadays - but every little helps!! I'm feeling you on the not being able to reach your toes - I've been threatening my OH that he's going to need to cut my toenails next time!!! That's brave, getting a bikini wax, I've always imagined that to be too painful!! Mind you, I imagine it's nothing compared to the pain of childbirth!!!!!

Pink - I'm getting my haircut this weekend too, my hair is starting to look like a mane and I keep just putting it up and not worrying about it. But, I think it's time to get a couple of inches cut off and hopefully it will make it look better but also be much easier to manage over the next few months!

Pink and Angie - how lovely to have older children around 10 or 11. I bet they're excited about becoming big sisters!!! Also, they sound like just the right sort of age where they can be quite helpful too, I'm guessing every extra hands when there's a newborn around is a blessing!!!

My OH is going away for the weekend to a stag do, I'm quite looking forward to having a lazy one, seeing some friends and doing a bit more sorting/organising!! things so far seem to be progressing ok with the new buyers for the flat, they've had the survey done and are happy so far! Fingers crossed!!! xx

Preethi - really glad to hear everything is ok so far - fingers crossed for 32 weeks and beyond :hugs:

Vanessa - I feel so much better having had a little "attention" - Just be aware I've been getting waxed down there all through my pregnancy as have been swimming etc and it hasn't really hurt anymore than normal but this time it bloody killed! Like, wanted to kick her in the head, proper hurt! :cry:

I'm doing dinner for 10 tonight - why did I volunteer? We have some family over for this wedding we're all going to and I said I'd host it. I've just done the shopping for it and that nearly wiped me out - I've still got to cook it and smile! At least its not my in-law side of the family, that would really be too much to bear.

I tried my dress on and it just about fits without making me look like a cartoon character. I'll have to wear footless tights underneath it though - its so cold at the moment and my legs are in bad shape - I've got lots of broken blood vessels and a varicose vein. Lots of people tell me how lucky I am not to be massive and then I show them my legs and they go "oh dear".

I'm off to walk my dog in the rain - I love this bit of the day the best!

Have a nice day all xx

Preethi so glad to hear from you!!! So I read online that in some cases they are able to replace amniotic fluid, sort of like a reverse amniocentesis. Is this an option for you?

Thanks everyone my daughter had a lovely birthday and then I promptly slept like the dead LOL.

I know I'm stressed about some things.... I had a terrible nightmare last night, about a million different things I'm worried about. I need a pamper session I think =)

waitress - dinner for 10 ...you deserve a medal...i struggle to cook for the four of us atm!

Krissi how was shopping what did you buy nice? x

Waitress, you definitely deserve a medal! I'm struggling to cook for 2 at the moment!!!

Angie - good idea re a pamper session, I think we all need one!!!

Cankles and varicose veins - oh no!! I think I'm ok so far except for my belly button is seriously getting lost. Plus the bulbous blue veins on my breasts!!!! And major tiredness setting in. xx

I bought cot bedding and a bumbo seat and a cot mobile love it. Have added my 4d scan pics to my journo too!!

Emma - cooking for 10?! These days the cat's lucky if she gets fed :rofl: (Please don't call the RSPCA on me, Dave feeds her!). How did it go?
Ooh krissi that sounds lovely. My parents bought us a Moses basket the other day and it turned up yesterday, it is absolutely gorgeous! We fell in love with it cos it's a bit different design-wise to lots of others out there.
https://www.mothercare.com/Baby-K-Moses-Basket/dp/B0031SO6L2?ie=UTF8&ref=sr_1_2&nodeId=42764041&sr=1-2&qid=1313137983&pf_rd_r=04GKTJZPEKNRD9BMRYZG&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_i=0&pf_rd_p=231490887&pf_rd_s=center-7

I booked myself in for a bikini wax and pedicure on Tuesday which I'm looking forward to - the pain of a wax doesn't usually bother me but I'm aware it can be worse in pregnancy so we'll see!
It seems it's my turn to worry about less movement from bubs; the past couple of days he hasn't been as active as usual. Usually he can make my belly wobble like crazy for a couple of minutes but I haven't really felt much recently. He has moved and I have felt it, just not as much as usual. Books and the net tell me that from about this stage it does start to calm down and I'm trying not to worry, cos after all I am feeling him. Oh dear. I guess we'll never stop worrying will we? :shrug:

Angelique, happy belated bday to your daughter :hugs:
reverse amnio is not an option as they dont practise it here and dont think it helps as it involves inserting a catheter and theyre afraid of infections i think, its just not done here im afraid...

wow you lot seem to be sooo organized... i have to change my birth plan now and make a caesarean one !! and pack my bags this weekend as i dont know when i might need a section !!

sorry about the cankles , i had very swollen feet and everything at the time when my pregnancy was normal, and now i dont have swollen feet or anything.. i wish i had morning sickness and all the normal aches and pains of pregnancy and i wish my pregnancy would have ended up in a normal water breaking, and normal birth experience type ones.. but unfortunately i wont be having any of those..

my GTT test is tomorrow and were hoping to visit the NICU and meet the neonatologists tomorrow if possible.. my next growth scan is on monday so FX'd everything goes well. xxx

:hugs: to all of you.. waitress, enjoy getting pampered ! xxx sounds lush.. x

have a fab weekend everyone xx

pinksparkle, for names, we have thought of Gemma Louise.. and i think it fits perfectly as gemma means precious jewel.. and louise means strong warrior or fighter in french and i cant think of a better name for my LO at this point !x

Pielette love the moses basket - i love the baby K range x

Preethi - lovely name and such a fitting meaning xxx

Krissi - i had a look love your bumper set and great pictures pretty little girl you have there x

Krissi - what gorgeous pics!! Very cute indeed! Made me feel all emotional!!

Pielette - beautiful moses basket, how lovely of your parents to get that for you!!

Babyhopes - what a lovely name, very apt!! she's definitely a precious little warrior!!!

I'm finding it really hard to focus today, keep thinking about what food I can eat and wishing I could lie down!! I've got lots of work to do today and I'm getting through it very slowly!! Only 7 weeks to go till my maternity leave starts! I can't wait!!!! It's my best friend's due date today, I'm so excited for her!!! Oh - and I've booked in for an eyebrow shape this evening - all this talk of pampering has inspired me!!! xxx

ps - my bump is massive today!! time for some new bump pics soon, I reckon xx

yay get those bump pics on leeze,... im getting some pampering done today as well x

Preethi, that name rhymes with my daughters name. Her name is Emma Louise. Louise is also my middle name and my moms middle name. I like it =) and Gemma is very cute!

I'm loving the name Rowan..... it could possibly be "the one"

Angie - you make me giggle...im not going to believe you about the name until your lil man is actually here and registered xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->