Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi ladies.... went to see the doc today... and first I have to say I feel very justified in being so angry at the stupid nurse last week. I went in and I gained 6 pounds, weird for me cuz I've not been eating much, and its the first weight I've gained. And then they checked my blood pressure which is 160/100.!!!! No wonder I have felt Soooo crappy! So doc ordered blood tests, told me to stay down and watch for swelling. Any swelling of any kind I'm supposed to call him. And I have a scan Tuesday to check baby's size. I'm measuring 27 cm, which is a little low, but where the doc says the top of my uterus is, I've never felt him move. So we are gonna check and see what's going on in there.

Krissi I'm so sorry about your scare. And I'm so sorry for all the stress you have going on. If we can help at all please don't hesitate to ask.

Oh angie take it easy hunny, your bp is high. Over here you would most likely be admitted to make sure you rested and got it down. Rest and get your feet up, hope your ok and hope your scan goes well, keep us updated xxx

Hi Girls,

Just done a quick catch up:

Pielette - you look gorgeous and congrats on your results. You should be v. proud!:thumbup:
Angie - Jeepers! No wonder you are mad. Try and stay calm though. I hope it all goes ok.:hugs:
Pink - I hear ya! My DH sort of sossed down on the sofa yesterday and I went mental at his "complete lack of regard for our possessions". He just looked at me like "You are mental". I fear he is right. :wacko:
Krissi - I hope things are getting better and Paul has some good news on his job soon.:hugs:

So my midwife appointment went well. Baby is measuring spot on and all seems good - even the head is down and the bum is up! Turns out the hard thing I've been poking near my ribs is its bum not the head so to all intents and purposes the baby is currently in the right position. Phew! My iron levels are unusually low (for me) though which she reckons is why I've been getting more tired and I have to up the iron intake and go back for more blood tests next week.

She took a long time looking at my bump. Even she said its a very different shape to the norm (even though there is no "norm"!) I am attaching my 24 and 32 week photos so you can see the difference in 8 weeks. If i have the same growth in the next 8 weeks I am going to fall over! Excuse the crap underwear, I just can't be bothered putting anything decent on!

Attachments

• 24 weeks bump.jpg
    24 weeks bump.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 32 weeks.jpg
    32 weeks.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4
Angelique, no wonder you were mad, your bp is high, please take some rest and hoping your bp comes down soon xxxx

Waitress, glad to hear everything went well at the appointment.. xx your bump looks fab, nice and high !

Pinksparkle, arrgh sometimes they do get on our nerves dont they ! i can understand your frustration !

Krissi, hope youre doing ok hun.. xxx thinking about you xcx

Waitress, glad your app with mw went well, you look fab! Your bump looks great, like you said everyones are diff shape there is no norm...so dont worry about what she has said x

Oh well things no better here with us today dh gone off to work i got up early to make him some lunch but he was still cross with me, ive texted him but he's ignoring me :(

Wow Angie that is high blood pressure, it's no wonder you've been feeling so awful! Very glad it's been flagged up finally, that nurse should be ashamed. Did she check your blood pressure at the time? When do you get the results of the blood tests back?
Thinking of you krissi, hope things are improving :hugs:
Emma that's a lovely bump! And great to hear bubs is head down, that's great :thumbup: I've got no idea what body parts I'm feeling, but I'm hoping that he's head down cos I get an awful lot of movement against my hips these days.
Hope things are a little better pink, I hear you on the hormones. Would love to smash a couple of plates sometimes!

Had another appointment with my cranial osteopath this morning, my neck and shoulders are very tense, think it's from sleeping on my sides. I seem to have a permanent crick in my neck these days. Hopefully it will have loosened it all up a bit, but I may try sleeping propped up in bed against loads of pillows tonight, and see how that goes.
I miss proper sleep :cry:

Pielette have you tried a memory foam pillow? They are amazing for sleeping on your side. I bought one and sleep really well on it. They form to fit you perfectly.

As for the blood tests I should know by Tuesday when I go for my scan, and no the nasty nurse didn't even want me to come get checked. BP or urine or anything. The nurse yesterday was amazing and said if I even just don't feel well.... more than normal that I should call and go in for a quick check.

Waitress you look amazing honey! Your athletics really show, and I bet you bounce back fastest of all of us. Your bump looks perfect, I'm quite jealous LOL.
Somehow I think I have missed some posts.... sorry your OH is being like that pink, I hope it gets better, and krissi still have you in my thoughts.

Preethi how is your little one doing?

there must be something in the air because I was really pissed off with my OH last night and wanted to throw plates at him too!!!!! I'm not going to totally blame hormones either, although they may have played a small part in it - but if he hadn't been annoying to start with then I wouldn't have been pissed off with him!!!

Angie - hope you're ok, honey - please take care and try to take it easy if you can (I know that's probably easier said than done when you've already got a family to take care of!)

Waitress - fab bump, and what amazing growth in 8 weeks. Mine seems to be growing outwards rather than upwards!!!

So, my big news is that we finally exchanged contracts on our new home today!!! I'm so excited!! Hopefully we will complete within 3 weeks then we can get the building work started - and I can start planning the nursery then too!!!!! Woo hoo :happydance:

Hi girls thanks for the messages had a few contractions yesterday but all calmed down by late afternoon and no more bleeding discharge so that's good. my urine has come back clear so i am putting it down to stress as Paul was a git that night and went walkies i couldn't get hold of him and he was being horrible he had no idea i was at hospital until he bothered to read my texts the next day anyway i think it scared him as he has been great since. he started new job today too.

Pielette, hope you get a better nights sleep xxx

Angie, FX'D for tuesday, surely your results will be fine, and you should complain about that nurse !!! Im fine thank you and so is baby, i have my next scan monday to check for distress, not growth, growth scan is every two weeks XX and this monday i turn 32 weeks so hopefully he should tell me a bit more, but it seems like i can carry upto 34 according to doc now. x

Leeze, congratulations on the house !! xx

Krissi, so glad you are feeling better and that the bleeding discharge stopped hun, was really worried about you and wanted to text, but id run out of top up charge and couldnt go out what with all the headache ive had for three days .. just been resting with paracetemol.. im soo glad you are feeling better though and yay for pauls new job !! xxx praying for you hunxx

Glad to hear about your new home Leeze! How exciting. Hubby and I MAY have a chance at a new place next month with 5 bedrooms and a gorgeous lawn.... keeping fingers crossed.

Krissi.... glad Paul seems to have had a bit of a scare, sometimes that's what it takes unfortunately. But good for his new job. My hubby started a second job and now we never see him... but the little bit of extra money is nice.
Hope the headaches ease up preethi, I'm having them too, I'm told high BP causes them. I think I may be a bit iron deficient since lately my diet consists of mainly cerial and fruit, and the fact that I'm craving a big juicy steak like crazy LOL. I just don't want to bother with cooking. Too hot, and I'm too tired!
I did my dishes up, and had to come lay down, standing over the hot steaming sink ugh! But its pretty easy to lay down and rest with the kids back at school. Then I generally save the housework for the evening when its cooler. I'm rather enjoying the lazy days for now LOL. It was such a crazy summer its a nice change.

Krissi - great news re Paul's job!!! hope you're doing ok, honey

Preethi - that's fantastic that there's a good chance for you to get to 34 weeks

Angelique - hooray for having lazy days, you deserve it!!!

We're going away this weekend so I probably won't be on here now till Monday - wishing you all a lovely weekend xxx :hugs:

have a lovely weekend ladies, im off to my mums as well today.. xxx
Angie, fx'd for your new place xxx

Leeze, enjoy your weekend. xx

I went today instead of tomorrow as I had contraction type pains constantly ...it wasn't a growth scan just checked for distress through scan but baby was completely fine and baby was moving there was amniotic fluid measuring 5.3 which is better than before but then again as and when baby moves u get different measurements of fluid. So it's still low but everythings fine and doc wants to push me to 36weeks !!! Fx d fx d Fx d !! But he says that's certainly where he will draw the line and feel comfortable with it too. After today's scan he's confident that I will make it from 34 and hopefully to 36!

The contraction pains were from a slight urinary infection that I have to take pills for x

hope you all are doing well xx

Wow Hon! 36 weeks sounds fabulous!! Glad she seems to be doing well... cranberry juice will help with the infection as well.

I have been doing absolutely nothing. I feel so lazy and so bored. I can't wait for Tuesday to see my little one. I hope he is doing good. He's been being very still again, and when he does that it freaks me out. Anyway. I'm feeling much better with staying down, but the boredom is gonna do me in LOL.

Yay for tuesday Angie thats like tomorrow!!

Hope he wriggles about soon and gives mommy some peace of mind! Xx

Leeze - great news about the house - brilliant!

Preethi - really good news, heres hoping you have another 4 weeks. It all sounds like its going well.

Angie - lucky you seeing your baby tomorrow! I am sure he is just having a little lazy time. My baby was quiet yesterday. I got mad with my DH when we were hanging out some bedding and ended up chucking the washing basket at him. Then the baby moved a lot - I think there is something in that "adrenalin" thinking! I had to apologise, I have no idea where that came from!:dohh:

Apart from the odd bit of red mist and an achy back when sitting on the sofa (damn!) I am all good. We are going to Cornwall on Wednesday for a last holiday with just the 3 of us (dog makes 3,naturally!) Can't wait!

Happy Bank Holiday
:hugs:

we just got back from a lovely weekend with our friends in Bournemouth. We even spent this morning on the beach!! Was very relaxing. Our friends have got 3 boys, they're lovely children but it reminded me again of how much hard work it can be - hats off to them and to all of you Mums who are moving onto your 3rd child this time round.

We've got the week off work this week and are hopefully going to get some work done to the flat over the next couple of days (the existing flat, not the new one) - which will mean it's much nicer to live in for the next 3-4 months while we get the work done to the new one and also will be easier to rent out when we move. Is going to be a bit disruptive though, so I'm not looking forward to that bit!!!

Preethi, such great news that you're now hoping to get to 36 weeks - that's only 1 week short of full-term. Hopefully if you do that then your LO won't need to be on an incubator or in the special care unit - but if she does then I guess it would likely only be for a very short time.

Angie - my LO goes through bursts of not moving much either - then when I sit still for a while she tends to move. It's so easy to get worried though, isn't it?

Waitress - hope you're having a lovely time in Cornwall

:hugs:

Glad you had a nice time in Bournemouth leeze ! Always nice to have some time off and the beach sounds lovely ! Hope you're able to sort out ur house although I know what u mean about all the extra work

My lo will still have to be in an incubator regardless because of her being growth restricted and her small weight x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->