Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

That's fantastic that Krissi's bub has turned! Thanks for letting us know pink. That's positive that you think she was trying to turn pink, there's still time. Really do understand you feeling down about a possible c-section :hugs: I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that bubs decides to play ball for you.
Wow Emma, yes you've caught up! Fabulous bump. Your mother's comment made me crack up :haha: Don't think my mum has even heard that expression before!

I had a phone call earlier which really shook me up. My best friend called me to say that one of her family friends (someone who I had met at family occasions etc) died of bacterial meningitis last night. He was fine until about 9pm and he was dead by midnight. He was 35 with a wife and baby.
Just can't get my head round it. His poor family, I can't even begin to imagine the pain they're going through. I also have a decision to make. On Saturday we're meant to be going to my friend's to celebrate her daughter's first birthday, it's family and a couple of close friends. But yesterday my friend's mum was at their house for about three hours helping his wife with her accounts. She wasn't around him much because she was up in the office with his wife, but she did kiss him hello and goodbye. The hospital have cleared her and said she's not at risk because she wasn't with him for long enough, and haven't put her on antibiotics (his wife and child are now in quarantine on antibiotics).

Obviously she's going to be at the party and we have to decide whether to go or not. The NHS site says that you don't need to avoid someone who's come into contact with it, because one in ten of us already carry the bacteria and it's only transmitted through kissing or sneezing, and also most of us have natural immunity to it. But it's just really scary. I kind of think based on that it should be fine, I wasn't planning on kissing my friend's mother on the mouth or anything. Plus my friend is obviously secure with it, since her mum is going to be with her kids. Oh it's just a really frightening prospect, and I feel a bit shell shocked that someone who can be perfectly fine one minute has died three hours later :cry:

Pink, sounds like you've got more of a positive attitude towards a c-section if it does have to happen - funny what your Mum said about being too posh to push!! Thanks for updating us on Krissi - sending her lots of love

Emma - that's hilarious about your mum saying vajazzle!! That's lovely that you thought of your Dad in the way you did and sometimes a good cry really helps!! Fabulous bump pic!! I'll definitely do another one of mine in the next few days and post it up. Mine is definitely "announcing" my arrival into rooms before the rest of me catches up, there's no mistaking the bump nowadays!!

Pielette - that's really sad about your best friend's friend. What a shock and a shame for his family. It sounds like it would be a very low risk to go to the party from what you've said but I can totally understand your reluctance. It's a tricky one but I would imagine your friend would understand if you decided not to go?

I've just been out for dinner with a friend whose got 2 small children, one aged 3 and the other is 7 months. It was lovely to talk baby talk most of the evening!! I don't feel like I've got many other topics of conversation going round my head at the moment so it was good to feel like I didn't need to make small talk about other things!!! xxx

Hi ladies... went to the doc today, seems my liver levels are going down and that's a very good thing.... we should be able to get to 37 weeks now which is Tuesday. Baby is doing well... pink don't stress to bad, my baby was breach 2 days ago and turned in my sleep... it can still hapen. C section isn't as horrible as some people make it sound. I've had 2.

My brain isn't functioning properly I skimmed the posts and remember what I read but not who posted it... and on my mobile I can't check Grrrr

Anyway... new news for me, I've felt sick and run down like I'm coming down with something without the something... like no cold or stuffiness or coughing... but it turns out I have a bladder infection and that's what's causing it. So 3 days of meds and I should be good.

Oh and symptom spotting.... we all do it... I've never gone into labor on my own, and I'm even doing it LOL. Its like the 2 week wait.... only on the other side.

As for what many of you have said.... I agree about this thread being great, its been such a blessing to have each other knowing what we are all feeling and somewhere safe to vent and share things you mint not with someone you know better. I know I'm very grateful for our group!

I'm gonna go back to sleep now.... I'm seriously drained.... trying to Hey Bubs to kick and move for a while... I got him to kick to red hot chili peppers music, kid has good taste LOL I may play it again just to make him kick more.

Thanks Leeze, yes my friend would completely understand if I didn't go. I do really really want to though, I view her two girls like my nieces. I think I feel a lot better about going now than I did, since the information I've managed to unearth has reassured me, and by the time we see them on Saturday it will be three days since she came into contact with him.
Angie that's fab that the doctor is happy to get to 37 weeks, that must be a real load off your mind! :flower:

I've been really 'crampy' the past couple of days, like period pain. Yup I'm symptom spotting! :haha: Last night it actually made me wince slightly. I have a suspicion that I might be in very early labour, but obviously how long it lasts is anyone's guess, could be days, could be weeks yet. We shall see.

Idk who it was whose mom Told you not to say vagina....my memory sucks... but OMG you need to go check out the thread in 3rd tri posted by Jackieped... its titled something like OK ladies we all know its a vagina right?

I thought of the vajazzle when I read it.

Hi girls thanks so much to pink for updating xxx

last week has been a nightmare i have been diagnosed eventually as having low thyroid function do see the consultant Monday for medication and will be consultant led now my thyroid was never tested during pregnancy so no idea how long it has been an issue but i am very unhappy with the doctor as the sickness and carpal tunnel are both symptoms both of which i have complained about for weeks and according to the dreaded Google an underactive thyroid can cause problems for baby untreated. still i will go to appointment and see what they say before i kick up a stink.

House mover has been a nightmare the previous tenants lived like pigs so i had 3 days of cleaning and decorating and i am only 2 rooms down! Paul still has no job either so stress levels at maximum!!

Krissi, so glad bubs has turned and so sorry about your low thyroid and experiencing the carpel tunnel syndrome.. please do let us know what they say when you go to the appointment. ! sorry about pauls job, i hope he gets one soon .. fx'd.. moving in the third tri must be so stressful, i cant imagine how youre doing it all xxx :hugs:

Pielette, hope its early labour !!! :cloud9:

Angie, sorry youre so run down.. you should take some time to rest as much as you can,.,. there aint gona be no resting once bubs arrives !! xxx yaya for your liver levels going down !

Leeza, Pink, darling,waitress, hope you are all doing well ! xxxxxx

AFM, nothing to report, we are both doing well, same old, same old. x

Sorry girls haven't had a chance to read and catch up yet but just had to share this in case any of you missed my post in third tri. My cat is 'Comedy Cat' and is always doing funny things like dragging Issy's toy 'Bear' under the bed and give it a good ahem.. anyway this morning...

:shrug: This morning, I'd just finished vacuuming and was sat in the doorway of the utility room tackling the laundry when our cat, Jez, (who was being all skittish due to the vacuum cleaner) was desperately trying to get passed me to escape out of the cat flap in the front door on the other side of the utility room (our utility room has two doors one into the kitchen and the other the front door). He couldn't get passed because I had one of the huge blue ikea bags full of dirty laundry blocking the doorway that I was sorting through putting into the washing machine. I just picked up my g-string and without any warning Jez jumped through the leg of my g-string and got it stuck around his neck!! He then freaks out and bolted for cat flap out onto the road!! My poor cat! All I could do was helplessly hold into his tail while I tried to drag him backwards through the cat flap to stop him running down the road with my dirty knickers wrapped round his neck!!! :rofl: Even my four-year-old was in hysterics! No doubt she'll be telling EVERYONE all about it! :blush: :haha:

Darling - that's hilarious! :haha: Did you manage to stop him though or did he run off down the road with your g-string round his neck? Very cartoon cat-like!!

Krissi - that's incredible it's taken so long for them to pick up the thyroid issue, no wonder you're annoyed. Good that they have noticed it though, and hopefully this will mean you get the right treatment and attention you and bubs need. I hear you on the cleaning front!! Even though we're not moving in to our new place till after the building work we've been staying there a few nights. I spent about 3 hours cleaning out the oven and it still stank the place out when I put it on because there was so much grease in it. Yuk!!!

Preethi - "same old, same old" sounds good, I reckon!! Sounds like you're getting the hang of it - or am I misreading things?

Pielette - hope you have fun if you do go to the party today! And enjoy that symptom spotting!!

Angie - that's great your liver levels have gone down. It would be fantastic if you could make it to 37 weeks - that's only Tuesday now isn't it? It seems incredible that we're all now at full term or almost full term already!! I'll be full-term on Tuesday! Wowee!!

We're off to the new flat again today to try to finish off the garden, mainly just tidying up and a bit of weeding after my Dad did most of the big stuff earlier in the week. Have a lovely weekend everyone xx :hugs:

Darling that's just funny! I have 2 cats and can SO picture that happening

OMG - I'm so tired today!! My LO kept waking me up in the night - a sign of things to come I think!!! We're going to the MILs for Sunday lunch then going to go DIY shopping! The glamour of it! How's everyone doing today? Xx

Kara - you're still wearing g-strings at 38 weeks? Sexy mama!! :happydance:

Krissi - that is CRAP! You should definitely kick off with your doctor - you haven't been right for ages and he should have exhausted everything.

Angie - so glad things are going better :hugs:

Leeze - go steady with the weeding. However I moved 200 logs for our fire yesterday which the delivery guy helpfully dumped on the lawn in the rain and my baby is still in there.....

Today I will be mostly checking my knickers and hoping this little pain I have in the right side of my bump gets a whole lot worse......

Can I see some bump pics please? I feel HUGE!! xx

Lol @ Emma - nooo! You should see the fat bulging over the top! Ewww! Haha! X
I tried to upload mine but it wouldn't let me. I look like I have a prosthetic bump - like a python that swallowed a beach ball.. ok.. maybe not so much like a python! :cry:

See! And I've virtually no boobs to speak of! I look like Mr Greedy from the side profile! lol

Attachments

• IMG_1803.jpg
    IMG_1803.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 4
Kara - You look tiny everywhere else!! Not a mark in sight - well done! xx

I am strechmark free too!! I will upload a pic tomorrow as I dont have any on this pc.

Thought earlier I had lost a bit of my plug so I will be keeping an eye out as the day goes on, bump has def dropped!!

Anxious for the hospital tomorrow just want some answers!!

Darling - what a hilarious story and what an amazing bump! Very envious...you look amazing! xxx

Krissi - i hope your appointment goes well tomorrow and that you can finally get back to feeling your old self x

So has everyone picked names now? we are still undecided...its proving difficult finding a name we both agree on! x

Aw thank girls! I'm not altogether stretch mark free though. Wish I was! Lol.

We're nearly there girls!!! Xxxxxx

I think we have pretty much settled on a name but not the spelling. We both really like the name zackary but idk how I should spell it Zackery or Zackary.... I'm not crazy about Zachary. Or Zachery. I just don't want the ch in there. Idk maybe I'm weird

We considered Zachary for our little guy. We named him Ethan in the end. Its a lovely name though and I think Zach/Zac/Zack (whichever way you spell it) is very strong and manly! :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->