Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi Leeze.

Totally agree with your comments. I read the drinking alcohol while pregnant thread and I think she said she had two glasses and that it made her feel awful and it was like a public stoning! All 'holier than thou' and I sensed a quietly competitive element was present. I felt quite sorry for her. I've had the odd drink during my pregnancies, a glass of champagne at my god-daughter's christening, a very weak rum and coke on holiday nothing major. I'm not going to judge her. Bit different if she was having it every night or was a junkie! But that is something you encounter at baby groups that quiet competition. As for those who obviously think motherhood is a dog-walk in the park.. the wake-up call will be pretty loud!

Oh I see! Waitress you would have laughed your arse off at me in labour! Instead of screaming obscenities, I went into this really weird super polite mode and kept apologising for crying out in pain!! Wth??

Have you guys heard about hypnobirthing? Some women swear by it. Im going to be looking into this in a bit more detail as I have only a very basic and somewhat limited understanding of the subject.

Hmm.. my husband is acting pregnant!! He's getting all irritable and stroppy?? How very dare he!!! :haha:

Oh wow what have I missed? Clearly I started world war three on that other thread! I actually haven't read it yet, I've only just come back on after a whole day's absence :cry: Bloody day job, expecting me to go in and teach instead of sitting on my rear end talking bumps! :haha:
I think I got my first wave of morning sickness today, grr. This morning hubby was making our lunches, I came downstairs and he was grilling some halloumi - honestly I nearly gagged, the smell made my stomach turn! Completely took me by surprise because I usually love halloumi. He said to me, 'Oh I was going to put some in your lunch as well!' On running out of the room; 'I think not!' :haha:
How's everyone doing?

Hi Pielette! Mine kicked in today too. I'm finding I feel really queasy if I feel hungry (even if I only ate an hour ago!) and I'm really gassy with heartburn yeugh!!
Call me old-fashioned but I don't thinknpregnant women should be expected to work! And we should all have a servant appointed to us upon confirmed bfp! That's what husbands are for?? Course.. silly me! ;-)

Hmm, this is food for thought.
I feel I should have an army of servants. A chef on hand 24 hours a day, for whenever I wake up in the night feeling hungry. Someone to do my shopping for me, and cut and colour my hair whenever I fancy it. Maybe someone to do a manicure. Hmm...

You're right what we really need a whole entourage! Hmm.. I'll have to sit down and explain multi-tasking to my husband!

One of the truisms of pregnancy is wanting all the banned foods like rare steak, blue cheese, peanut butter.. so irritating!

I've got a friend round for dinner. I asked him how he wanted his steak and he said "rare". I literally threw it on his plate from about 2 feet away and left mine on the griddle to frazzle just long enough for all the taste to leave it!

First steak since falling pregnant but think I might give it a miss from now on. My approach to steak is very similar to sex: if its not not going to be good, why bother?!*

* Note to all those alcohol posters, I intend to eat a balanced diet. Please don't judge me.

P.S. Is it just me or is B&B a bit feisty today?!

Ooh I had just polished off a steak dinner! I like mine medium/well cooked though so I'm not losing out particularly. Steak, mash potatoes, broccoli and a mountain of veg (of course since hubby is determined to make me eat my 5 a day!) and in peppercorn sauce. Yum!
I know, why has everyone suddenly got the handbags out? Calm down people!

It's a bit feisty today! Lol

I agree. If it's not rare might as well give it a proper burial!

Hi Pielette! Mine kicked in today too. I'm finding I feel really queasy if I feel hungry (even if I only ate an hour ago!) and I'm really gassy with heartburn yeugh!!
Call me old-fashioned but I don't thinknpregnant women should be expected to work! And we should all have a servant appointed to us upon confirmed bfp! That's what husbands are for?? Course.. silly me! ;-)
that is what i've had too! sucks because it still makes me eat all the time :haha:

Ah, sorry Girlnextdoor! I'm such a food monster at the minute, hubby can't believe how much I'm putting away! Apart from halloumi of course, which now apparently makes me feel ill!

as far as drinking during pregnancy goes, i wonder if a lot of the women that are throwing the stones are american. from being an american who has lived in europe, i think having an occasional glass of wine over there is not a big deal. i did see pregnant women having wine with dinner sometimes.

in the US, it is like we are told that any drop of alcohol will harm your baby and that just isn't really true. over here, if a woman were caught having a glass of wine while pregnant, she would be persecuted. i think it might just be a cultural clash going on with that thread.

God what is it with people and that damn thread I started? All I wanted to do was let off a bit of steam!
Think I might just delete the flipping thing.

God what is it with people and that damn thread I started? All I wanted to do was let off a bit of steam!
Think I might just delete the flipping thing.

I wanted to respond to that girl who said to me "I disagree" - I was like "Er, I'm not putting forward an opinion, I'm just saying I took it a different way - you can't tell me how to take things!" but then you wrote your very good response so I left it. Grrrr!!!

I mean honestly, I wasn't having a go at anyone so I don't see why anyone should have a go at me for and I quote 'undermining' something important in someone's life.
Grr indeed Waitress! Anyway, moving on from such silliness...
What's the morning sickness situation for everyone?

you lot are making me laugh lots, thank you!! :hugs:

my OH laughed when I said he now had to become my slave - he wondered if that was a bit sexist but he seemed quite obliging regardless!!

I've been eating constantly (and I mean constantly) today - otherwise am feeling very strange if I don't. Reminds me of my early 20s when I would live for the weekend, going out clubbing and not having enough sleep - and then I would pay for it on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Have definitely got that feeling of being slightly removed from reality, tired to the point of almost crying but also got a big smile on my face!! :haha:

Oh, I thought peanut butter was ok to eat after all? I was reading stuff about it today coz I love peanut butter. Please don't tell me I can't eat it!! :cry:

mmmmmm peanut butter.............i sooooo want peanut butter now mmmmmmmmmmmmm xxx

Had a look at the thread defo a clash of cultures! Each to their own i say! i would have the odd glass if i so wished im just not a big drinker so dont really miss it!

I would love an army of slaves to see to my every need...although i must admit my dh is wonderful and does spoil me especially when im pregnant maybe i should just get someone to look after me during the day while hes at work =0) Mind hes not so good at multi tasking xxx

I like the thoughtful discussion on alcohol. It is helpful to talk to "strangers" about it and not judgy relatives :)

I have a cold today too! I am secretly relieved that I am not the only one. Friends assure me it wont effect little sweet pea... I am hoping maybe my body won't have time for MS with a cold!

6 weeks today Ladies! Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->