Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Bernie thank you honey.

Girls when I started this thread I hope to have a few people to compare notes with but I'm am genuinely surprised and delighted that we've formed such a fabulously supportive group of (as someone else put it) 'level-headed' women. It much such a difference to me. As great as our men are they will never physically understand what we are going through the way we women do. So thanks ladies. We have the coolest ladies on our thread! And welcome to the newbies too! Xxx

It's my son's 2nd birthday today and I'm feeling a bit more together! Lol
Have a great day ladies!

OH MY GOSH!!!!! look at this shirt... I so have to bookmark it cuz its gonna be the 1st one I buy!!!

https://www.babiesnbellies.com/catalog.htm?item=1682

I want one!!!!!

just a really quick one from me as I'm at work. Will hopefully send a longer message this evening when I'm back from work. Just wanted to share that I felt my first bit of ms this morning! Just woke up feeling a bit like I was travel sick!! And I'm so tired - wish I could sleep at my desk this afternoon!!

Sorry for hair disasters (I know them well!), and worrying about having a/another baby (where would we be if we weren't worrying about something:?).

Glad to have you guys too, chat more later x :hugs:

i too worry a lot! So i am worrying so much about having a baby! Will i be a good mother? Will i be able to handle the changes that i'll need to make? Will i be able to handle the stress? Will i be a good role model?
I was even worrying the other day that i wasn't smart enough to have a child!!!! Doh!

I wish my MS would either go away or develop into more than feeling queasy on and off! It isn't enough for me to call in sick to work so i sit at my desk feeling poorly and tired! I can't stand that it is somewhere in the middle....does that make sense?
At least if i was sick i'd be able to take some time off!! lol!

Has anyone bought any baby stuff yet? We have bought a few cuddly toys that we couldn't resist!!!

x

Hi Ladies :flower:

Hope everyone is well :thumbup:

Angelique, sorry to hear about the hair thing :nope:. I had my highlights done just before I found out I was preg - they came out fine thankfully. They were only foils though so not sure if that makes a difference. Plus obviously I was very, very early in the pregnancy.

Just been reading through all the symptoms you are all getting. I'm the total opposite! Got nothing other than bloat :shrug: I am so symptomless that I keep testing with HPTs as I just cannot believe there is a :baby: in there :dohh: I've taken 9 now!! Latest one was this afternoon. Each one is darker than the previous so I'm hoping that at least is a good sign :thumbup: My mum had hardly any symptoms in her pregnancies with me and my brother and I guess if you're going to follow anyone it'll be your own mum. So maybe I should just count myself lucky and stop worrying :wacko:

x

Ok I'm panicking a little.... I was so starving for lunchtime and they were serving turkey sandwiches where I work so I snatched one up and scarfed it down without thinking!! Now I'm freaking out thinking about listeria!!!!!! What do I do?? Is the baby getting what I eat yet or is it still being supported by the placenta (or whatever I can't remember). But is it still early enough that what i eat won't pass directly to baby???? I'm sooo worried now!

Hi babylove - don't worry. The sandwiches weren't old were they? I've been eating chicken sandwiches all the time. As long as you're sure about their freshness you'll be fine.

Even if there WAS something wrong, it would affect you more than your baby- maybe an upset tummy. I reckon you'll be fine.

xx

Just yesterday I was thinking how I have been tired, but not too bad. And I screwed myself over because today I feel like I'm going to die from exhaustion! OMG. I want to take a nap but I can't because I have to go pick up my son in a bit and I'm afraid I won't wake up :haha:

Plus, I have to go back to the OB. Apparently I have a UTI and they want to draw my blood again. They said my HCG was 235 when I had it drawn a week ago, so I'm praying it has gone way up since then! Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Wow - I've got that feeling about being about to die from exhaustion. I feel like every fibre of my being is tired! My eyes really hurt too!! And my boobs are getting heavier!

I haven't bought anything yet but keep looking at maternity clothes online and getting excited!!!

Hi babylove - don't worry. The sandwiches weren't old were they? I've been eating chicken sandwiches all the time. As long as you're sure about their freshness you'll be fine.

Even if there WAS something wrong, it would affect you more than your baby- maybe an upset tummy. I reckon you'll be fine.

xx

No, they def were not old. The cook had just made them with store-bought turkey but the prepackaged kind probably not fresh sliced turkey. I hope it's still to early for the baby to get fed by what I eat.

Then you'll be absolutely fine. White meat is good for you - I honestly wouldn't worry. I am eating tonnes of chicken! (and not just the Kentucky Fried kind I was craving two weeks ago!)

Babylove I don't think you have to worry about poultry as long as it's properly cooked; same as if you weren't pregnant. It's raw eggs and uncooked/smoked meats like salami and Parma ham you need to avoid. Don't worry honey. I'm sure that's absolutely fine.. it's protein so it's good. X

I think ms (I always got the constant nausea not puking variety) but I've been drinking the Ginger and lemongrass cordial and you know what? I think it's really helping! I know Ginger is good for ms. Ooh and my friend has loaned me a book on morning sickness so I may be able to help those of you who get it!:thumbup:

Back from the OB appt. He said my HCG is borderline low. It was 235 at 4 weeks 6 days. From what I have seen online, it seems ok though, so I'm trying not to worry. He took some more blood and will retest. He checked my uterus and said that it feels the right size, so I guess that is good.

The best part is that I got to schedule my scan for Wednesday! I am scared, but really anxious to see what is going on in there. Is anyone else having an early scan?

No I have to wait another 3 weeks just to see someone! Lol. Glad it went well today honey. You must be really excited! You're going to see your little person!! :)

my first appointment with my obgyn is two weeks from today (so I'll be 7+4) and they told me they planned on doing a scan to look at the sac and heartbeat. I'm excited and nervous about it of course. These next two weeks are going to feel like a lifetime!

thanks, darling! i am soooooo excited, but i can't help but be nervous that something will be wrong. i'm trying to keep those thoughts out of my head though. i'm just thankful the doctor is doing an early scan. i will feel such a huge sigh of relief to just see that the baby is progressing right where she should be.

Whitney, that seems pretty early for a scan too so at least you get an early peak!!! Will they do another one at 12 weeks then?

That sucks! I hope the morning sickness isn't going to hit you hard core!

I feel like I can barely read the 1st tri forum because it seems like there are so many people miscarrying. I'm already freaked out enough and reading all the stories is not helping. But, for some reason I keep doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->