Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi Halloween Ladies :flower:

Just checking it and caught up with the thread.

Angelique, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit poorly with those pains. I think the key thing though is that you say you had them before being pregnant so they can't be anything to do with the :baby: surely. Certainly worth mentioning to the doc if they keep bothering you though. Just a note though of something I read as I have had more pains on the right side than anywhere else, only mild but I just worried they were on one side - I read something on the internet yesterday that it is common to get more pains on the right as your uterus tilts that way first as it starts growing :wacko: This reassured me and I hope that this is all it turns out to be for you :thumbup:

Waitress, your lady friend would have collapsed with disgust at me - I'm 37 in June!! And it's my first :baby:! :wacko: I think this seems to be a bad case of not 'moving with the times' - after all, years ago it probably was a lot more unusual to have children after your 20's.

Ladies, what is this thread you are all on about with the terrible MIL?? I'm intrigued :haha: x

Darling - great minds think alike! A friend of a friend of a friend's little girl is called Darcey (but i dont know her only met her once) and kate off GMTV called her lil girl Darcey too, years ago now but thats where i remember hearing it first. I doubt very much ill be needing a girls name...im pretty sure it will be a boy! x

hi everyone

pink sparkle - my scan is 18th April too!! we can be scan buddies!! :haha:

Nat - I'm 38 and having my first too - don't think I was emotionally ready before now to be honest (or with right partner!)

Been feeling really sick today. not good with travelling on trains

we're going to tell my parents tomorrow about our little pumpkin - am excited about it but also think my Mum will probably make it be all about her so hopefully I'll be able to stay excited with her and not get too annoyed!!!

I prob won't be on much over weekend as my parents are here for weekend - so have a good one everyone :hugs:

Glad to hear there are many of us in the 35+ camp. I'll be 37 when this pumpkin-my first - emerges and, like Leeze, i THANK GOD I didn't have a baby in my 20s (I was a mess and the bf of my 20s was a NIGHTMARE!). I read somewhere that people all lose boundaries when they see a pg woman or mom - sounds like it!!!!! I am so not cool with unsolicited advice.....We haven't gotten too much yet (only some fam knows, though) but I got tons when we were "trying" - so frustrating.

I'm also sorry to hear people are feeling bad. Looks like we have maybe only another 4 weeks of this. I had a violent stomach flu last week and was so afraid it was the beginning of my having that hypersomething gravidus or super ms where you need to worry about fluids etc. Thank god just a flu. I'm uncomfortable and am not a fan of the nausea and throw-up burps. Crackers help.

Darcey is a great name. Of course, it make me think of Jane Austin :)
We picked names long ago, and we are sticking with them: Jack William and Lila June.
Anyone else got names? Love to hear them!!!

I am stuck on Peyton Darrin for a boy (I love the name Peyton, and Darrin is my DH's first name and its a tradition to give the oldest boy dads first name as a middle, not crazy bout it but what can ya do

for a girl, I have Lilly or Lillyanna, Arabella, Bella for short, Ariane, Erienne, I like Paige for a middle name

My 2 girls are names Kaitlyn Lorraine, and Emma Louise. so I want something to be similar, but not overused

Hi Halloween Ladies :flower:

Just checking it and caught up with the thread.

Angelique, sorry to hear you're feeling a bit poorly with those pains. I think the key thing though is that you say you had them before being pregnant so they can't be anything to do with the :baby: surely. Certainly worth mentioning to the doc if they keep bothering you though. Just a note though of something I read as I have had more pains on the right side than anywhere else, only mild but I just worried they were on one side - I read something on the internet yesterday that it is common to get more pains on the right as your uterus tilts that way first as it starts growing :wacko: This reassured me and I hope that this is all it turns out to be for you :thumbup:

Waitress, your lady friend would have collapsed with disgust at me - I'm 37 in June!! And it's my first :baby:! :wacko: I think this seems to be a bad case of not 'moving with the times' - after all, years ago it probably was a lot more unusual to have children after your 20's.

Ladies, what is this thread you are all on about with the terrible MIL?? I'm intrigued :haha: x

Nat THANK YOU... thats reassuring... it really is...

And as for age, I was feeling bad about myself, cuz I have an 8 year age gap between my "baby" and this baby, more like 8 and a half years, and EVERYONE wants to make sure I know what I am doing...

I will be 32 this summer, and really, aside from bein a little more tired... whats the difference?? And really.... Whos business is it anyway when we have a baby, how many we have, or how old we are... ugh! people!!!!

lol sorry, end of rant

Ok so... today, I slept till noon.... no biggie, I just did, then I got up, ran my errands, spent time with a good friend and her 2 year old son, and came home... thats it, and I am so tired, and more than sleepy and physically tired, I am mentaly tired as well. I can't focus, and I don't care about things I normally do.

I also am over the top hungry... if my stomach is empty, I can feel my blood sugar drop bad and I get dizzy... Itake a medication, metformin, for PCOS, and it keeps blood sugar low in diabetic patients, but for PCOS it breaks through the insulin resistance, my body doesn't absorbe insulin as well as others and I think my dose may be too high... but IDK, I am calling the doc in the morning. cuz I feel like crap...

HAPPY ST. PATRICKS DAY EVERYONE

Are all of us over 30?

I am 30, Angelique 32, Dr. M 36, Leeze 38, Nat 36.

Just shows that 30's are the prefect age for pregnancy!!

How are we all anyway? I am so glad its the weekend I really need to catch up on some sleep!! I have my booking appointment with midwife on Monday so have only morning to work. Working tomorrow morning and then my nephews 3rd birthday and get to tell my brothers and sisters my news... sooooo excited!!!

I think we all are! So Krissi is 30, Angelique 32, Dr. M 36, Leeze 38, Nat 36 and I'm 34 (soon to be 35:cry:) No disrespect to younger mums but I think the thirties is the ideal time for children. I have a friend who is 26, very materialistic (Victoria Beckham has it so I want it type of thing) told me they are going to ttc when on holiday in the Caribbean in September so they can tell everyone at Christmas! She's also just bought a Ford Ka convertible (two seater)! Bless her I'm sure she'll make a lovely mum but she hasn't got a clue! Lol. She's currently demanding a new Chanel handbag from her husband. They make about £40k between them both in full-time work. Her amazing MIL faithfully walks her two dogs every day so she'll be a hands-on dedicated granny. What I wouldn't give for just one grandparent like that! :dohh:
Anyway my point is the difference in maturity between us is palpable so I think 30+ is the right age. Plus you've lived you know? I know everyone matures differently. I knew a girl who had a baby at the same time as my dd, she was 18 and I was quite amazed by her maturity and dedication.

Well.. dare I say it aloud? I haven't been feeling too badly these past few days. Fingers crossed I got off lightly this time around. Certainly hope everyone else feels better soon too. It makes eating an ordeal when you feel so sick.

Well it's another week until my first ante-natal appointment. Seems silly that I haven't seen any medics yet. Im looking forward to being given a folder with 'your pregnancy' on it. I've got a least another four weeks until scan time too. "Yawn!" :haha:

Just thinking funny how we all get on so well and are all in our thirties?! Lol

I know its great isnt it! What date is your scan Darling?

I don't know yet. Im just assuming it will be around 12 weeks. I haven't had anything in the post to say I'm booked into the hospital or anything. I guess it's just too early.

My docs did say my midwife would organise after booking app but I got the scan date through the following week but I did say I needed dates asap as was away most of April.

Whens your booking app?

On Thursday. So nearly a week. Not long now. I'm just keen to feel that I'm progressing. I expect that sounds silly. She's coming to the house. Only for the booking appointment but Im looking forward to it. I haven't told many people so I still feel a bit like I made it up you know? Lol. How are you feeling today honey? Xx

Yes I feel good today actually, sickness is not too bad (although that always scares me!!).

I know this is the longest few weeks of my life I am not very patient at the best of times, I cant wait to be at the stage where i can buy a doppler so i can check for myself whenever i like that pumpkin is ok!!

Morning girls,

I am 38 for the record! 39 in November, first baby and never felt remotely ready or even broody before Christmas...its nice to meet some likeminded friends. All my friends who married after us all have 2 kids - every single couple - and no one has been able to grasp the fact that I wasn't ready. Not scared or too selfish, just not ready!!

I too am starting to feel a bit better - which of course has me worried and I am debating having another scan next week. My 12 week Nuchal scan is on 11th April which seems a long time to wait right now. What do you think?

I just went to meet my friend who is 20 weeks - she looks amazing. Lovely skin, great bump, she looks so pretty and happy. I can't wait for that stage!
:thumbup:

Waitress I feel exactly the same mine is 14/04 and I go on holiday the same day so would like to know all is OK before then so can cancel flight if need be.

:hugs:Well we're approaching 8 weeks. I think there's only about a 5% chance of mc now. Try to relax and don't expect anything to go wrong. 95% says it won't and after all, if I told you that you were in a lottery to win a £1m and I said you had a 5% chance of winning, you'd probably laugh and not expect to win! :) I also read that the majority of mc's happen between 4-6 weeks. You're going to be a beached whale! Uncomfortable and pissed off saying "Grrr! I want it out!" lol. Googling like a loony trying to find out what a mucus plug looks like! Yes! I really did! :haha:

Hee hee I hope so, I hate that word mucus it makes me heave lol!! Google is my best friend and worst enemy right now.

Wow 5% I love that!!

Hi Ladies,
I am 27 at the moment, will be 28 next week.
I think the age debate is tricky, as my god-childrens Mum was 24 when she had her first child and completly embraced it and is an awesome Mum.
Then a lady i worked with was 33 when she had her first and she was not a good Mum from what i could see.
So i think it really comes down to the person and their life experience and what considerations they have made before deciding to try for a baby.
I honestly don't think i'll be a worse Mum because i'll be 28 when my Baby is born and not 30+.

Hope everyone is doing okay.

x

Bernie of course you wont I think what was meant was that each of us personally feel more ready now than when we were in our 20s but that is different from person to person. I am no better off financially now or more stable I just feel more ready but then I was TTC from 19 so I guess I felt the same then!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->