Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Waitress - sorry if I'm assuming here and you are generally sensitive to smells but perhaps you're thinking about this with your morning sickness nose? The smells aren't that bad sweets. They're natural smells not overpowering. Don't worry - we're designed to cope with this because men couldn't even if they could!! :haha:

Hi Darling,

Sadly this is a life long affliction and actually i haven't had any stronger reactions since I've been feelng queasy. I think I've gotten away quite lightly on the MS front compared to some of you. Its not a pregnancy nose, its my nose :wacko:! I know I'll cope somehow!

I can't believe I am 10 weeks today. All of a sudden it seems like the time is moving quite quickly - finally! I am sitting here scratching my head a bit about this ticker though. I can see how an olive could turn into a prune but next week I'll be a lime and that seems like a big growth spurt!?

10 weeks is a quarter of the way there (I like numbers!) - eek!

I hope everyone else is doing good - have a lovely Sunday. I am looking after next doors 10 week old labrador puppy for the day. Could be interesting!!

aww waitress try not to worry about 'smells'.

Ive never heard of anyone giving birth and complaining of a horrid smell. Honestly dont know what the girl on obem was talking about and tbh she and her boyfriend must have stunk of cigarettes and without sounding horrible her teeth were awful so i doubt their personal hygiene was very good either. Is there a scent that you do like maybe you would be able to take scented candles into the room just to give you some peace of mind. we all have things that worry us...i hate feet and wore socks throughout my labour as i didnt want to see them and i didnt want anyone else to either and the midwife laughed and said shed never met someone whod done that, i think she thought i was a bit weird!

Sounds like fun looking after the puppy for the day, ive got a 9 month old and hes still so naughty!

Aw!! Cute! Oh you get to play with the puppy!!

I see. Bless you poor thing. Well if it makes you feel any better I've always been really squeamish. I remember when they put me on a drip and put the needle in my hand I just got it together (still feel sick thinking about it now though) but I honestly believe that you get strength when you need it. You'll do fine. And really I don't think the smells are that bad. It's hard to explain. I had a similar conversation with some girlfriends about childbirth and they are so fixated on pain. I can't tell them it doesn't hurt but I try to explain that you're ready for it when it happens and you just get on with it. Ok I know it's not the same for everyone. I've seen women f'ing and blinding and flipping out long before the pushing stage but you're level-headed hun and you'll be determined and you'll be so proud of yourself afterwards. Do your reading educate yourself about labour and all the possibilities but don't dwell too much on them and go in 'labour-savvy'. For more pearls of my infinite wisdom please see www.the oracle.com/ohshutupkara!:coffee:
:haha:

From an olive to a prune to a lime - that does seem like a big growth spurt! Isn't it amazing what our bodies are actually doing right now?
Scented candles in the room might be a nice idea, although I do think you'll be absolutely fine! Might just be something to ease your worries slightly. Pink sparkle - that made me chuckle although I did just think that my feet will probably be quite cold so socks may be in order!
I have to say that the idea of labour doesn't scare me too much right now, but I guess that may change as we draw nearer! I think the fact that it's so unknown for me at the moment, as I've never done it before, it makes it easier. Ignorance is bliss and all that! But then, I've always been accepting of the fact that if I want to be a mother, I have to go through it and that's the end of it. One of my best friends was shuddering the other day at the thought of it (she's not a mum yet) and I asked her if she wanted to be a mum one day. She said well yes. I smiled and said, well you'll accept it one day then.

Morning everyone - you guys are great! I love how questions on this thread are answered in a compassionate and understanding way!

Waitress - I've had some fears too about labour but mainly about "losing control of my bodily functions" - but I'm trying to reassure myself that the staff will have seen it many times before. I'm also really sensitive to bad smells and always have been - I'm just kinda assuming that by the time the baby comes I will be so tired and blissed out that I won't care what might come out of either end of me!! Have fun with the puppy - cute that he is the same age as your little growing baby!! :hugs:

Babylove - that sucks about your dinner but it's good you were able to eat most of it today. I'm finding that I need to keep eating regularly - at least every couple of hours - otherwise I get quite irritable and my stomach starts churning.

I nearly screamed at my OH last night because I'd made some food and asked him to mash the carrot and turnip and he started washing the dishes instead because he thought there wasn't much room in the kitchen (I normally make a big mess when I cook!!). I ended up doing the mash myself and then having a go at him because I'd asked him to do one thing and the food was going cold etc - poor thing was only trying to help. After I'd had a couple of mouthfuls of food I felt a lot better - it was like a really bad PMT kinda feeling. Funny thing is as well that my OH is being really loving and cuddly at the moment and he keeps squashing my boobs which are really tender and sore - I'm like "get off the boobs" and "give me some space" - phew!! I can't wait for 2nd trimester for the hormones to settle down!!!

Hi everyone else :hi: - happy to be sharing this crazy and lovely journey with you all!!! :hugs:

You girls are great. I'll stop going on about it now. I think if I assume I will smell pooh and blood in the worst combination possible I can only be surprised if it isn't so bad!

I am not worried about the pain - I know that will be long and hard but I'm honestly not worried about it that much. And I know that girl was a bit tragic on OBEM but she had a very human reaction to it and its the first time I've ever seen or heard someone talk about the smell. Scented candles are a good idea though - I will plan for that!

Here is a picture of my charge for the day. His mum left him with me with her Crocs - he sleeps in them and they seem to calm him down when he's fretting. I hadn't even thought about the puppy being the same age as my baby - good point!:thumbup:

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
Aw Waitress he's really cute! I love it when animals are in that 'big paw phase' as I call it, when their feet are too big for their bodies!
Your poor OH Leeze! I chuckle but I'm the same, I'm on a short fuse at the minute. And I'm not feeling particularly cuddly either, I'm very fond of my own space right now. Especially cos I'm mostly feeling sick or knackered, I just want to curl up and snooze or watch TV. My poor hubby, my boobs are getting bigger and I'm looking a lot more womanly than I normally do (I'm quite petite - do have curves but not much in the boob area!) but I'm just so not in the mood. Is anyone else feeling like this? He's very much looking forward to the 12 week mark!

I am absolutely vile atm! I have no fuse and keep flying off the handle over silly things. DH is just driving me crazy and as much as i love him want him to leave me alone! OMG sound like a crazy woman lol! Im not very blessed in the chest area usually but they are already a cup size bigger and feel great...im loving my pregnancy boobs! x

Leeze - although you have never done it before when the time comes you will be so ready for labour and it will come naturally...wont necessarily be easily (cant lie) but your body just knows what to do. I suprised myself. Im sure that Darling will have some words of wisdom on labour for us all...she puts it all so nicely xxx

I want a 'Heineken labour'. Does anyone remember that ad? This gorgeous glam woman lying in a hospital bed reading Vogue or similar totally chilled out perusing her mag and then a doctor says something like, "Mrs Smith it's a beautiful baby girl!" and she cooly replies, without looking up from her magazine, "Oh thank you. Put it over there." Yes I'll take one of those to go please!

Speaking of my pearls of wisdom I am beginning to worry that I've imagined it all. I get pms from hell sometimes and I'm worryingly normal. No mood swings, no worries about the baby, no emotional outbursts... What's wrong with me????!!! The only symptom I have is nausea and very slightly bigger boobs! Hmmm... cue psycotic episode! Aaaaaarggghhhhh!!! She's gonna blow!!!!!!

:hi: Hey girls, mind if I join in? I'm due October 20th so not quite a Pumpkin baby but my DH IS a Pumpkin baby and he is thrilled about the date even being close so he can throw outrageous Halloween themed parties for the birthdays.

I'm going to try to read back a few pages and see if I can do a little catching up. In the meantime, I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Short intro on me: Married, 35 (just!) and living in Canada. Have one daughter who's 5 in June. My husband is in the Navy and I'm a SAHM. We spent 3 years trying to conceive and finally had luck with IVF #2. Two embryos were transferred so we are pretty sure the twins are fraternal. I was seeing my Fertility doctor until two weeks ago and have had 3 scans so far that all looked great with the exception of some bleeding from SCH. Tuesday is my first appointment with my OB (new doctor from last time) who specializes in high risk pregnancies.

Now off to pick up DD, she spent the night at my parents, it was date night last night!!! :blush:

Hi LittleStars! :hi: Aw bless twins! I would on the one hand love to be told it's twins but think it would scare me a little as well, especially being my first pregnancy! Does your daughter know she's getting two little siblings?
Darling - now that sounds like a nice labour and birth! I don't remember the ad but it sounds good!

welcome Littlestar nice of you to join us...wow twins how exciting

Darling yes that sounds like a fab birth and maybe the pregnancy has sent you the otherway no pms like symptoms....i was defo not this highly strung in my previous two pregnancies!

GRRR at dh today, hes had a mega busy week at work and been working on our garden so hes had a relaxing day...pants for me though his relaxing day is watching the grand prix and loads of rubbish car programmes and has involved drinking way to many cans of lager...hes no use to me whatsoever today infact its rather like having three children to look after!

Welcome Littlestars :flower: and congratulations on your twins!! Sounds like you've been on quite a journey over the last 3 years. It took us 14 months to conceive (after one m/c) - and I was going crazy by then so I can't imagine what it would be like after 3 years.

Girls - you are great - you made me feel much better about being in a mood with my OH. He's been out for most of the day today and it's been lovely to have the place to myself - I'll probably appreciate seeing him later on after a bit of me time. I think part of it is that we've just had a week off work together and he's had about 3 evenings during the week where he's merrily worked his way through a bottle of wine or 3-4 beers and then breathing his alcohol breath all over me. It's funny because I don't really want to drink at all but I know part of it is jealousy because I wish I could find an easy way to switch off. Maybe some really cheesy girlie TV is in order.

Darling - you made me laugh about worrying because you're not worrying. Isn't it funny how we can talk ourselves into worrying. If I feel sick or really tired I'm so grumpy and moaning - then if I feel ok and full of energy I start to worry that something might have gone wrong.

feeling very very tired and irritated at dh!! he slept in yesterday and I took care of the kids by myself, and then today he sleeps in, the weekends are when he is supposed to help out!! I was up at 12 am, and then again at 5 am, with the kids bc they had nightmares, was he up with them? NOPE. my hormones are ready to whoop his ass.

Littlestar welcome to the crazies thread lol or perhaps it's just me?! Wow twins! Congratulations! How efficient are you?? Lol. ;-D
My first appointment is on Tuesday too!

9babies I feel an arse-kicking would be a really good use of energy! Hehehe! Actually I have managed to do big fat zilch today! Yes I am smug and completely without shame! Lol. Well I've been waxing my legs which is a job I utterly loathe! I'd pay someone else to do it but I'm too big a chicken! Yeah go woop honey it'll cheer you up! Lol

Hi Ladies :flower:

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend :thumbup:

Interesting discussions on labour and smells :haha: I had never even considered what smells I may encounter! I haven't even thought about labour and birth yet really, I just want to get to 12 weeks and see that there is really a :baby: in there at the moment as I feel so normal! Darling, like you, I am very normal in my moods, very chilled (apart from the anxieties that feeling normal is causing!) I have said to several people, I actually feel very well and would say I feel better pregnant than not pregnant! If this is the case in First Tri, hopefully I'm going to feel bloomin' fantastic in second tri :haha:

Littlestars, welcome and congratulations on your twins :happydance: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->