Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi Bernie,

You knew that they had your dates out before didn't you? I remember you saying you thought they were wrong at your last scan - see, mum know best! At least you got to see your baby and will do again in 2 weeks (same week as me!)

Bugger about your bloods :growlmad:

xx

Welcome Inky!! We're all pretty easy to get to know, glad to have you join us! My due date is Oct 31 I wonder how close baby will actually be born!

Bernie how wonderful that you had a nice scan!! It's soooo exciting! I can't wait for my next one, 2 weeks from today!!!! :happydance:

Well we told my grandparents last night and they were so happy and tearful. They said they always hoped to have a great-grandchild! Also gave my mom permission to tell my uncle (her brother) because we figured my grandma would tell them anyway now that she knows and I know my mom would rather be the one to have the "privilege" of telling. Like I said, FIRST grandchild on every side. My family hasn't seen a baby since my youngest cousin (18 years) and I am the oldest of that generation so very much the first baby!!! So everyone is dying with excitement!!

How is everyone else today??

Hi Bernie,

You knew that they had your dates out before didn't you? I remember you saying you thought they were wrong at your last scan - see, mum know best! At least you got to see your baby and will do again in 2 weeks (same week as me!)

Bugger about your bloods :growlmad:

xx

Yeah i was almost 100% sure that i was 10 weeks but they kept telling me i was further along than that. I am excited that i get to see baby again in 2 weeks time! Yay! Will be exciting to see how much bigger baby is! What date is yours? Mine is the 11th.

Yes, am annoyed, and have now tried to call midwife twice and there is no answer and no voicemail system!! I can't keep leaving my office to try and call as because our office is open plan i have to go all the way from the 6th floor to the ground floor just to try and call. So each time she doesn't answer and i'm not able to leave a message it is making me mad!

My hormones are going CRAZY!!!

X

Hi Bernie,

Mine is on the 11th too! I am also having a private one on the 12th. Our NHS hospital take a week to give you the results of the NT scan and I can't wait that long that week - we are moving 4 days later! The private one gives you the results in 24-48 hours.

My hormones are driving me crazy too. My dog just brought me her lead (I think she wants a walk!) and I cried thinking i am now a crap dog owner, how will I ever be a good mum? I rang my husband and he reminded me I taught her all her tricks in the first place and therefore I'll "be a great mum". Ha! I wish i lived in his world!!

Hi all I was originally due on Oct 28th but it got moved to Nov 1-2ndish after my u/s 2 weeks ago. I'm 33, this will be our 1st baby. I also suffered a m/c a year ago and it definitley put a damper on ttc for quite some time, DH just was not ready, but when we started back up again in jan well here we are and I'm totally excited yet really nervous.
Some of my symptoms are very very sore breasts, nausea but no vomiting, terribly moody, I started just bawling last night and could not stop, if I wasn't sobbing so hard it would have been funny
I've also had terribly vivid dreams, last night polar bears were chasing me and I had to use fish to get them back in their cages, it was crazy!
I'm im Florida.
Had my first u/s 2.5 weeks ago, saw heartbeat yey!!! so that allowed me to sleep better @ night.
DH is insisting we don't tell anyone until 12 weeks, so it's been really hard as I have no one to talk to. This forum has been a lifesaver He was so excited with last pregnancy he told EVERYONE right away, then had to untell them when I m/c, so he's pretty adament about it, and that's ok.
Sorry this is so long, thanks for listening Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 9 mos!

Babylove-I just noticed you are in Florida. So am I. And you were married on my birthday, how funny:)

Grrr! I'm so cross I could scream!!! Sorry girls. My son has been screaming in agony this afternoon and going into a complete panic when trying to urinate. I have just seen a nurse who told me he was fine. I said it was a different story a half hour ago and she said "Well I didn't see him half an hour ago!" She looked at his penis which she said was fine and my husband said it was a bit swollen that it didn't normally look like that and she said.. brace yourselves.. "That's not his penis that's two well-defended testis!" I wanted to lunge at her!! What a patronising b*#ch! How does she think we made two babies ffs! Grrrr! It seems bloody obvious to me that he'll be in acute pain again next time he needs to urinate because he's probably got a urinary infection! After I pressed her she agreed to take a urine sample. I'm am seething!! Hi newbies sorry for the rant. :)

Babylove-I just noticed you are in Florida. So am I. And you were married on my birthday, how funny:)

Hey welcome!! What a small word huh?!! What part of FL are you in? I'm in Jacksonville. But I'm moving back to my hometown in Connecticut in a few months!! I'm gonna miss the sunshine state tons!!!
Glad to have you join us!

Darling I'm so sorry your poor little boy! I can't stand patronizing and condescending doctors/nurses. Some of them don't know how to relate very well to patients and explain things properly. Was that someone you regularly see or someone new?

She's my husband's Asthma nurse. She is utterly useless. Gets things wrong and doesn't listen. I think she's an imbecile! How are you honey? X

awwe thanks sucks, about that doctor! i hate doctors like that, like youd ont know what body part your kid has!! jeez.

:hugs:

Hi Ladies and hello to the newbies :hi:

How is everyone?

Darling, sorry your little boy is feeling poorly and that your doc was a b***h! :nope: Hope he feels better soon.

I'm really tired today. But I had a rubbish night's sleep, think I was dreaming a lot (although can't remember what about now :shrug:) and woke up a few times through the night. So think I just need a good long sleep tonight :sleep:

Still no scan date for me yet, watching the post every day. Going to call docs tomorrow as they'll hopefully have the results of my blood and urine tests from last week in x

Welcome Inky and Kasia! Lovely to have you ladies join us!
Darling that sucks about your little boy, bless him. Poor thing being in pain like that and a sarky nurse. I can't stand people like that. There is clearly a problem if a child (or anyone) is in that much pain when they try to go to the toilet. Really hope you get an answer for it soon.
I've had an okay day, getting through each day really. I have no patience at the moment! Counting down the days to my scan as well, it's 12th April and I'm so eager to get to that point. Want to see my little prune! :happydance:

I just calculated, and I will be 16 weeks pregnant, on my sisters wedding!! dont think I will fit in my bridesmaid clothes. LOL

Thanks girls. Well.. I was due to have my first ante-natal appointment today but.. I didn't put my clocks forward on Sunday did I? Anyway, seeing my phone had the correct time, I realised my mistake and got halfway there and realised I'd gone to the wrong place! (I went to the local doctor's surgery instead of the local school - you can see why it's an easy mistake to make!??) What an idiot!? I'm so tired I can't think! What an idiot! Anyway, I've rescheduled for tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed I can find my own front door!!

Ah, 9babies, that may be an issue! :haha: What's the dress like? Depending on what it's like you might be able to get away with it!
That cracked me up Darling! Hubby keeps calling me a Mum-brain cos I literally seem to have lost my marbles overnight. Yesterday I thought to myself, 'Oh I need to get new cotton wool pads cos I've run out', and promptly went and bought a double pack. Then got home and found a brand new double pack on my dresser. It was the cleanser I needed. Oh dear...

Pielette it is a universally accepted fact among mothers that pregnancies eliminate grey matter! And those brain cells.. they don't grow back! Say goodbye to your brains girls! Lol
Either that or I was daft to start with!!

Angelique - you are a legendary mom! Your girls are truly blessed to have such a dedicated mother.

Hello everyone :hi: and welcome to Inky and Kasia :flower:

Lots of chatter in here, I had about 5 pages to catch up on and now I can't really remember who said what!!

Darling - that sucks about the nurse being so crappy about your son. What a cow. Grrr. And what is it with you and appointments at the moment - it all seems complicated!? I reckon by the time you get to have your appointment it will be very special because of all the messing about. I have to admit I've definitely got a fuzzy head right now and am struggling to do things properly at home and at work.

I can't remember who it was (Pielette maybe?) who said about doing the minimum at work at the moment? That's me too. Wow. Serious clock-watching going on and counting the hours until it's time to go home. I'm a bit useless really and am hoping nobody notices!!

I've been feeling really sick today and yesterday - from about 4pm onwards. Yesterday I really thought I was going to be sick and when I got home from work (8pm last night - arrgggh) - I had to go straight to bed for half an hour. My lovely OH made dinner to the sounds of me wailing like a ghost (his words, not mine!!). I'm still really into simple foods. Last night was chicken with potato wedges and baked beans. tonight I'm making chicken with mash and baked beans. Is there a bit of a pattern developing? All I know is that most of the things I'm eating at the moment are the kind of things you might feed an 8 year old child!!!

Babylove - I'm dying to tell everyone about being preg but my OH wants to wait!! I know 12 weeks is considered the right time but I've read that your chance of a loss after 8 weeks are something like 5% - and I'm actually right now feeling really positive about this pregnancy. I know I'll feel much better after the 12 week scan but I really think it's very unlikely now that anything will go wrong.

9babies - at 16 weeks you will probably look gorgeous. Some lovely curves and a happy glow!! I say make the most of it!!

Waitress (was it you that said about H&M?) - I've bought 3 maternity bundles off ebay for about £25 each. In really good condition too. I love buying stuff that I can imagine growing into!!!!

Wow - I thought this was going to be a quick message but I seemed to have tapped into some energy reserves there!!! Definitely an early night tonight though!!

Angelique - you are a legendary mom! Your girls are truly blessed to have such a dedicated mother.

I knew there was something else I meant to say!!! Angelique - I love your stories about the fun things you do with your kids. I really take my hat off to you that you've got all that energy for them and you're pregnant too. Inspirational, I reckon!!

Leeze - yeah I know what's that about?? It will be special... cos I'll be in labour by that time!! Grrr! Haha! So sorry to hear you've been feeling that sick. I know what it's like when you actually need to be sick to get some relief. We had the honeymoon from hell last Christmas and I got food poisoning and was very ill. I swear every time I get really bad nausea it reminds me of the awful food and it makes me even worse! My heart goes out to you. Just hang in there. It won't be long now before the placenta takes over so theoretically it should stop.:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->