Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Darling - we had the same experience on honeymoon! I got food poisoning, then a couple of days later hubby got it (probably from sharing the toilet). It was the experience from hell - the food poisoning was the worst experience I've ever had, and then when hubby got it he collapsed in the middle of the night and cracked his face off the tiled floor. In the handbook it said ring the operator (this was a particularly renowned resort, everything on site) when you have a medical emergency, there's someone there 24 hours a day. Was there anyone there? No. I tried for 40 mins (hubby was conscious but really needed medical attention) and eventually gave up and rang the emergency services. Which I totally guessed the number for.
We're still fighting with the company to get compensation cos I think the way they treated us was awful.

Oh yes Leeze, that was me about work! Couldn't give a flying _____ (fill in the blank as appropriate) right now!
And totally forgot to say the same to you Angelique! I'm amazed at your energy!

thanks hon - am trying to wish my life away at the moment - at least the next 4 weeks or so anyway! I said to my OH yesterday that I'd like to be locked up for a month in a big warm comfy room with a floatation chamber, lots of great DVDs, and whatever food or drink that I'm in the mood for (probably just chicken, potato, beans and fresh fruit smoothies would do the trick!!) :haha:

Oh, and Nat - somehow I missed the bit about you not having an appointment yet - that must be frustrating? Even though mine is 3 weeks away it's great having a date to aim for. Let's hope yours comes soon. And the vivid dreams? Mine are crazy at the moment. Somehow feel very real and also feel like I'm starring in a crazy film. I watched The Mentalist last night before bed (does anyone know this programme - I love it?) and ended up having to fight some bad guys in my sleep - crazy chase scenes, gunshots etc. I can't remember too much about it but I think I won in the end!!! :haha:

Ah, 9babies, that may be an issue! :haha: What's the dress like? Depending on what it's like you might be able to get away with it!
That cracked me up Darling! Hubby keeps calling me a Mum-brain cos I literally seem to have lost my marbles overnight. Yesterday I thought to myself, 'Oh I need to get new cotton wool pads cos I've run out', and promptly went and bought a double pack. Then got home and found a brand new double pack on my dresser. It was the cleanser I needed. Oh dear...
She has me wearing an plaid purple shirt, with an broomstick skirt. I dont think that shirt is very stretchy at all! May have to buy a whole new one. her wedding is western themed. I know crazy! :wacko:

Hello everyone :hi: and welcome to Inky and Kasia :flower:

Lots of chatter in here, I had about 5 pages to catch up on and now I can't really remember who said what!!

Darling - that sucks about the nurse being so crappy about your son. What a cow. Grrr. And what is it with you and appointments at the moment - it all seems complicated!? I reckon by the time you get to have your appointment it will be very special because of all the messing about. I have to admit I've definitely got a fuzzy head right now and am struggling to do things properly at home and at work.

I can't remember who it was (Pielette maybe?) who said about doing the minimum at work at the moment? That's me too. Wow. Serious clock-watching going on and counting the hours until it's time to go home. I'm a bit useless really and am hoping nobody notices!!

I've been feeling really sick today and yesterday - from about 4pm onwards. Yesterday I really thought I was going to be sick and when I got home from work (8pm last night - arrgggh) - I had to go straight to bed for half an hour. My lovely OH made dinner to the sounds of me wailing like a ghost (his words, not mine!!). I'm still really into simple foods. Last night was chicken with potato wedges and baked beans. tonight I'm making chicken with mash and baked beans. Is there a bit of a pattern developing? All I know is that most of the things I'm eating at the moment are the kind of things you might feed an 8 year old child!!!

Babylove - I'm dying to tell everyone about being preg but my OH wants to wait!! I know 12 weeks is considered the right time but I've read that your chance of a loss after 8 weeks are something like 5% - and I'm actually right now feeling really positive about this pregnancy. I know I'll feel much better after the 12 week scan but I really think it's very unlikely now that anything will go wrong.

9babies - at 16 weeks you will probably look gorgeous. Some lovely curves and a happy glow!! I say make the most of it!!

Waitress (was it you that said about H&M?) - I've bought 3 maternity bundles off ebay for about £25 each. In really good condition too. I love buying stuff that I can imagine growing into!!!!

Wow - I thought this was going to be a quick message but I seemed to have tapped into some energy reserves there!!! Definitely an early night tonight though!!
thanks I hope I will look gorgeous! LOL but I dont know usually I Just look 'fat' at that point.

Darling and Pielette - those food poisoning experience sounds really hideous. And Pielette, definitely sue the company!!! That's disgusting that no-one answered the emergency helpline.

I'm actually counting myself lucky right now that I haven't got food poisoning! And there was someone on 1st tri the other day saying she was vomitting all through the day and night and couldn't keep any food down. I am VERY glad mine is not like that. OMG - I think I'm turning into my Mum. She always says you should think of people in a worse situation than you when you feel crappy. Actually, Mum, I feel crappy and they got it bad too - I still feel crappy though. (that's me giving my Mum what for!!)

Well we're not giving up! We actually came home 4 days early cos we just wanted out, they offered us a refund for the days we weren't there but we said it wasn't good enough. So we're continuing the fight!
Leeze that cracked me up, I just remembered something someone said to me once:

"If you're being tortured in one room, does it make it better if someone else is having their arm cut off in another? Well not really, it just means you're both in the s***!"

Leeze - I want to be in one of your dreams! Can I be a cop? No wait.. a slick secret agent. I haven't fought bad guys in my sleep for a while now lol. Seriously I have noticed I'm dreaming a lot but the bad guys keep waking me up! [Bad guys = Husband, children, cat etc] so I don't remember what I was dreaming about though I suspect it may have been Robert Pattinson:haha:

The other interesting thing that happened to me today for your entertainment was my son weeing on me (for you tittering first timers.. oh yes soon the joke will be on you.. no I'm mean literally it'll be all over you hehe!) not in itself that out of the ordinary, but this time was interesting because I was sitting on the toilet at the time.. busily.. when the poor little pup starting crying and climbing up onto my lap (he didn't have a nappy on as we were trying to get a urine sample from him) and so I had to try and (sorry tmi) make space for the wee to go down the toilet only I was wearing jeans and knee boots so I couldn't make any more 'space' and it went all over me! I think I may just stay in bed tomorrow!!

Pielette - what a nightmare isn't it? Your honeymoon too! I hope you get some compensation. It's those buffets!

I think I am finally having morning sickness. I feel like puking. woohoo!! I am actually excited, bc I think that must be a good sign this is a viable pregnancy.

Well we're not giving up! We actually came home 4 days early cos we just wanted out, they offered us a refund for the days we weren't there but we said it wasn't good enough. So we're continuing the fight!
Leeze that cracked me up, I just remembered something someone said to me once:

"If you're being tortured in one room, does it make it better if someone else is having their arm cut off in another? Well not really, it just means you're both in the s***!"

:rofl:

LOL yay!!

and I Just threw up for the first time!! woohoo!!! noone will ever understand why I am so happy about this.

I know tmi!! LOL

woohoo!! now to try to go eat some crackers, or maybe an small piece of bread. LOL

Not tmi don't be silly. Sounds like your hormones are working hard to actually make you sick. I'm in bed! Just thought "why not?" and went to bed at 8pm. Lol. Just needed to relax after the day I've had lol!

I get the joy at morning sickness! Congratulations on the puking! :haha:
I'm contemplating bed now too, just cleared up the kitchen so think I'm going to take my very tired butt to bed.

you guys are great!!!! thanks for sharing and for being there

I'm going to bed now too xx

awwe I am still up, it is only 1:30 over here.
but thanks fora ll the support lovely ladies!! love you all!! g'night to the ones going to bed.

hheheeh

Goodnight Pielette! Goodnight Leeze! Goodnight 9babies! See y'all tomorrow! Sweet dreams. Xxx

Ok sorry girls mini selfish rant just found out my step sister is pregnant with her first and is due 20 days before me!! So I won't get my moment I will be sharing it! I know it's selfish and I am happy for her just wish the due dates weren't sooo close!! Sorry I will stop being a cow now lol x

Its ok. I can understand you wanting to have that moment to yourself!! that really sucks! I am sure you are happy for her, but you just wanted this pregnancy to be super special to your family, and now not so sure it will. it is a very understandable feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->