Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Love the scan pic Inky! I know what you mean about waiting till 12 weeks, I'm so fed up of waiting. Two weeks to go for me, so desperate to get there.
I'm not surprised you're worrying Nat, it's so hard to stop your mind picking over the worst possible scenarios. But we all seem to be so different, even pregnancy to pregnancy, that no symptoms/some symptoms/all the symptoms in the world seem to be normal! I'm trying to keep calm myself - no particular reason for my worry, just that it's my worst fear and I don't want it realised. But hopefully the support we have here will help us get through it!
Is that irritating woman still at it? My God, isn't it nicer to be nice?
Darling how's your little man?

Oh and me :flower:

Vanessa, 28, married to hubby for three months and we've been together for nearly 9 years. I'm a teacher but don't think I'll go back after my maternity leave. Expecting our first little bundle of joy!

Nat, I still have no real symptoms. Tiredness is it, I am not getting sick, or headaches or anything like that, I think we are the lucky ones.....

and in reply to Waitress....

I am Angie, married for 11 1/2 years, and have 2 amazing little girls Kaitlyn 10 and Emma 8, they are the joys of my life and I can't wait to bring home #3!! I work as a retail manager in Northern Utah, USA.

Hi Inky - lovely scan pic! :thumbup:

ladies, thanks for all your little updates. For those that don't know I'm just collating everyones names, ages, marital status, no.of children etc so that we all know where to go to remind ourselves a little bit about each other now that there are a few of us. I for one get a bit confused!

So if you haven't already, take a look at P.113 and the bold post and then post your own 1/2 lines and I'll copy it all to the same place and we can add to it as we go along.

I hope that makes sense. I've just started feeling really sick and hungry and the only thing that seems to interest me is the thought of the chip shop. Oh dear.:wacko:

And I also wanted to add that a prune is not very attractive is it? All the other fruits and things are appealing. A prune?????

I want to be a lime!!!!!

Well I just had a burger for dinner so snap Waitress! To be honest whenever I actually feel like eating something I just do, considering these days it's pretty rare.
I love knowing everyone's names! Going to try and use them more often so I can remember them.
So that should be 'snap Emma!'
And yes, I hate that my profile pic is now a prune. But I'm determined to have the relevant fruit every week! Bring on the limes!

I'm loving all the little updates - i had no idea you had just got married. How lovely to be pregnant straight away. I bet your OH is sticking his chest out!

My husband wants everyone to know we conceived on our 1st cycle of trying because we've been married 7 years and he thinks everyone reckons we've had issues. I don't give a toss. Men!!

Girls! Girls! I'm bouncing off the walls I'm so excited my oldest friend got her bfp today!! Woooohooo!!!!! I've asked her to join us on this thread. Hope that's ok. I love you girls! So amazing to be able to share that!

Yep, we got married on 18th December in the most amount of snow I had ever ever seen, it was crazy! Luckily the vast majority of our guests managed to get there and it was absolutely beautiful, despite the fact that I'd been freaking out about the possibility of snow for about a month beforehand. It was so bad the wedding cars couldn't get back out again and had to be abandoned till the next day!
We have been quite lucky, I came off the Pill in September but we kind of NTNP'd until January when I got a bit more serious about it. I've wanted to be a mum for so long!
Ah men, what silly creatures! Mine of course thinks he's rather fertile, I keep having to point out that he only provided half the ingredients :haha:

Oh Kara that's fabulous! Congrats to your friend! How's your little man doing?
Heehee, I'm determined to use all the names!

Brilliant news Kara- Darling - is that what your husband calls you by the way?!

I love names. A guy used to work for me called Glory. Every morning I would say "Morning Glory!" and have a little giggle to myself. Ahhh, those were the days.....:haha:

He was called Glory? Wow that's one I've never heard before!

Hehe! No he calls me 'Munch' short form of 'Munchkin'. Lol. I'm only widdle! I just chose Darling because I call everybody Darling and it was the first thing that popped into my head. I have no problem with anyone calling me Kara by the way. :) I used to work with a guy who called me 'the startling Carina' which is weird because unbeknowns to him Carina is my besty friend's name. Strange.

Oh sorry yes thought you meant does he call me Kara Darling?! Lol. Yes he does call me darling sometimes.

So I just left my dr office, had an appt today. I had an early u/s 3 weeks ago, baby measured 6 wks 3 days (instead of 7) and they saw heartbeat. I was so exicted as after my m/c a year ago I was so worried. So the midwife comes in the room with the portable doppler device and tried to find the hearbeat, and after a few minutes says she can't and it might be too early Now I'm really freaking out, as if I needed this stress! She said normally you should hear it between 10-11 weeks that way, but I'm only 9 wks 5 days (based on last u/s 9 wks 1 day). So why in the world would she even try to do this today and put me in a state of panic????? Of course as far as they're concerned everything is fine, but not to me, as I did not hear the heartbeat. I scheduled a u/s but it's not for almost 2 weeks from now, so now I feel like I'm back in the same boat as I was before my last u/s, terrified! UGH

im due on the 24th of october and would also love some bump buddies :) xxx

Kasia, that sounds like something you really didn't need! It really isn't uncommon to not be able to find the heartbeat though, especially if you're doing it with a doppler and not during an ultrasound. I know it's so hard but try not to worry! If everything else is in order and you're not dealing with anything strange or painful, I'm sure it's fine! Easier said than done, but the best thing you can do is try to keep calm. We're all here if you need us!

Welcome jojolou! I'm only a day behind you!

Kasia, that sounds like something you really didn't need! It really isn't uncommon to not be able to find the heartbeat though, especially if you're doing it with a doppler and not during an ultrasound. I know it's so hard but try not to worry! If everything else is in order and you're not dealing with anything strange or painful, I'm sure it's fine! Easier said than done, but the best thing you can do is try to keep calm. We're all here if you need us!

Welcome jojolou! I'm only a day behind you!

oh yeeeey you are :) ive got my first midwife app on friday so cant wait for that< then she will be booking me in for my first ever scan, nerve racking times but exciting at the same time :), hows things with you? xx

Kasia - sorry to hear you are anxious, i am sure it is fine. I have heard that it depends what position the baby is in etc as to whether you can hear the heartbeat early on. So try not to worry.

Inky - That is an awesome scan picture, i also had an early one as couldn't wait for my NHS one! Your baby is really clear on there so you must be very excited!!

I am feeling very sick and VERY tired and quite grumpy.....i feel sorry for my poor husband!

I am feeling very overwhelmed this week with the thought of being a mother! It is just such a massive change and i am freaking out. My mother and i don't speak as she was not a nice person or Mum and i guess that worries me, as people always say you turn out like your parents!

Anyway i hope you are all good

xx

I'm good thanks jojolou, think I might (touch wood!) be coming out of the sickness period cos I'm starting to feel a bit more human. Fingers crossed anyway! My first scan is on 12th April, got to go to the hospital to get my bloods done tomorrow. I really hate blood tests, I am such a wimp.
It is a bit overwhelming bernie! But hopefully you'll do what a lot of people do - go the complete opposite way! You've been shown the not so positive side of being a parent, so have faith that you'll know what not to do :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->