Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Thank you Pielette & Berniegroves, I really appreciate your kind words.
Pielette, I am the same way when it comes to blood! I'm such a chicken. DH has to go with me everytime, I get so nervous. Last time I went I didn't go thru with it, I started cyring like a baby and left:) Of course I had to go back the next day and get it done, after waiting AGAIN for over an hour, so it didn't do me any good, go figure. On top of it, the whole office was laughing at me along with a packed waiting room, I felt soooo silly!! Just look the other way tomorrow and you'll be just fine:)

Hi Jojolou welcome:) I love this thread, the ladies here are just fantastic!!

My first scan is on 12th April, got to go to the hospital to get my bloods done tomorrow. I really hate blood tests, I am such a wimp.
It is a bit overwhelming bernie! But hopefully you'll do what a lot of people do - go the complete opposite way! You've been shown the not so positive side of being a parent, so have faith that you'll know what not to do :flower:

Thanks Pielette, i just worry about it so much as i would never want to put a child through the things my Mum put me and my brothers through. So it concerns me. But i am trying to stay positive.

I also hate having bloods done! I have really rubbish veins and they really struggle to get any blood out so i always get a bit faint! When i went to see the midwife they couldn't get any, so i then had to go to my GP surgery to see a nurse. She managed to get enough blood. But then they called me yesterday to say that the lab had lost my blood!!!!! What!!! So i have to have it redone!!!
I hope your blood tests go well. Drink lots in the morning to make sure you are well hydrated and make sure you wear a few layers so your arms are warm. Both of those things make getting the blood easier. Good luck

Welcome JoJo!
xx

They lost it???? I think I would have lost IT on them!
Thanks for the tips, I will definitley follow your suggestions in the future:)

Oh - a quick hello from me as my Dad has fallen asleep on the sofa!!!

Welcome Jojolou :flower:

Kara/Darling - what great news about your best friend. I'd be happy for her to join us on here

Inky - amazing scan pic - so cute

Kasia - that's quite mean of the nurse to scare you like that. Like the others say, I've read too that normally you're about 11 weeks before you can hear the heartbeat with a doppler. I think they should have offered you an ultrasound to help put you at ease. Grrr

9babies - hope you're feeling ok, but remember it's normally a good sign that you feel sick!!

Bernie - it sounds like already you'd make a great Mum, given how much you're thinking about it and you care a lot about being a good Mum. There's lots of books around about parenting and support forums too - I reckon I'm gonna have a good read myself when the time comes so that I can get some good ideas from the experts and don't have to worry about making it up as I go along!!! Although it will also be nice to do what comes naturally I think it's good to get some ideas from others. And, WHAT? they lost your blood? Grrr

Right, bedtime for me again (10pm) - need a good rest as I've got a busy day at work tomorrow

They lost it???? I think I would have lost IT on them!
Thanks for the tips, I will definitley follow your suggestions in the future:)

I know right!! This is the second time they have lost my blood!! I had a rubella test before we started TTC and they lost that as well!!! I mean WTF!! I think i may complain this time.

I would defo recomend those tips as when i went the other day they got the blood really easily and i had done those two tips and also gone for a run that morning to see if that helped.
x

Hi Jojolou welcome:) I love this thread, the ladies here are just fantastic!!

Thanks kasia i only joines yetserday and been having a righth good chat with lots of gilrlies on here its been awsome so far :) xx

Oh - a quick hello from me as my Dad has fallen asleep on the sofa!!!

Welcome Jojolou :flower:

Kara/Darling - what great news about your best friend. I'd be happy for her to join us on here

Inky - amazing scan pic - so cute

Kasia - that's quite mean of the nurse to scare you like that. Like the others say, I've read too that normally you're about 11 weeks before you can hear the heartbeat with a doppler. I think they should have offered you an ultrasound to help put you at ease. Grrr

9babies - hope you're feeling ok, but remember it's normally a good sign that you feel sick!!

Bernie - it sounds like already you'd make a great Mum, given how much you're thinking about it and you care a lot about being a good Mum. There's lots of books around about parenting and support forums too - I reckon I'm gonna have a good read myself when the time comes so that I can get some good ideas from the experts and don't have to worry about making it up as I go along!!! Although it will also be nice to do what comes naturally I think it's good to get some ideas from others. And, WHAT? they lost your blood? Grrr

Right, bedtime for me again (10pm) - need a good rest as I've got a busy day at work tomorrow

thankyoooouuuuuuuuuu speak to you sooooooon xxx

argh.. getting blood taken sucks. I can't look at it when it's happening! When I was going through the fertility treatments I had to have my blood taken so freakin' often. Worst part was they always wanted to use the same vein over and over. Only one nurse ever braved trying my other arm. Grrrr.. But losing bloodwork, that's just unacceptable especially if it's a second time from the same lab. I would definitely complain to someone.

Jojolou - Welcome!!! I'm newer on here too, still trying to figure everyone out. :)

I had my US done today. Babies are looking wonderful!!! Makes me feel better after all the spotting I've had. I still have a SCH which sucks as I had hoped it was done with but as long as the babies are good I'm happy. We told DD she was going to be a big sister tonight. She is so excited and while she stated clearly she has no intention in helping with diapers (lol) she will help pick cute outfits for them and make them laugh. So sweet :)

We will be telling the rest of our families over the next 2-3 days. I'll be so happy when we no longer have a secret to hide. And I'm so happy since I am now officially giving myself permission to shop for maternity clothing now. Yay shopping!

Ok, so I don't mean to be an annoying pain in the rear, but here I am and going into what looks like a sleepless night. I'm sure my dr office is so tired of me by now (oh well) but I called them earlier and spoke to the midwife on duty (the same one that was there thru my m/c a year ago and is just awesome) and told her what happened today, and she said (like the rest of you ladies:)) that the other midwife should not have attempted that today and she herself does not use the doppler until at least 12 weeks (because of how I'm feeling now) and that they had a cancellation for an U/S tomorrow @ 2! I could have jumped through the phone and hugged this lady, as I don't think I could sit here another 2 weeks and worry like I do. Soooo although I will not sleep much tonight, hopefully I will have some reassurance tomorrow.
Hoping everyone has a fantastic night and sweet dreams:)

Oh Kasia, thats horrible!! But good that you get reassurance tomorrow!! Try to relax, take a warm bath and try not to think about it... ya right huh?

Welcome Jojolou!!

Well ladies. I started my new job this week.... OMG..... I am so flippin tired, I can barely move. I forgot how hard this type of job is physically, all the walking and standing. sheesh, when did I become such a wimp!! Anyway, I like it, it will just take some getting used to, and at least I am getting my exercise in right??

My OH calls himself Super Sperm as I had tried with previous partners for 12 years with no sucess and me and OH hd only been together just over a month when I realised I was preggers!!

Morning ladies! Well my little guy seems to be on the mend. I'm just trying to flush it out. Went to see the midwife yesterday. I must have walked about 4 miles to get there in the pouring rain! Anyway, mostly it was a hundred health questions and the Do's and dont's. Pretty standard stuff really. I had to have my bloods taken - the needles and the sucking sensation make me go a bit strange so I always turn my ahead away. I find that really helps. I had a jacket potato, quiche Lorraine and steamed broccoli last night. It was the first meal I've eaten for weeks that I didn't have to force down. So nice when that happens. And best of all my best friend got her bfp last night! And hopefully will be joining us on this thread soon! I'm so excited!

Kasia - I expect your midwife just thought it would be nice for you to hear the heartbeat if it were possible. These things are so routine to them and I expect she wasn't fazed by not being able to hear it so early but didn't consider that this is all new to you and that it might freak you out. I'm sure her intentions were good.

Vanessa - didn't realise you were a newly-wed as well. We got married on 27th Nov!

Angelique - bless! Nothing worse that information overload during pregnancy either. Such a lot to to take in. It's hard when you've got other children too isn't it? You don't get the same opportunities to rest. I remember when I had my first everyone said "sleep when she sleeps" but instead I did housework. Should have listened lol!

Bernie - it's natural to feel that way. It just shows that you're intelligent and sensitive. If the enormity of becoming a parent didn't faze you slightly I'd be concerned lol. I went through the same thing. Then when I was having my son I felt guilty because my daughter would have to share. It's normal and quite natural.

Shana - how's the puking working for ya? Hehe :haha:
Sorry honey shouldn't laugh. Hope it's not too bad. Worth it though! :hugs:

Everyone else - how we all doing girls? Any signs of ms dimishing?
Hi Jojolou!

RANT ALERT!!! (Heavy reading!)
I'm sorry I need to let off some steam! As you know my friend's sister lost her baby a few weeks ago and his brave parents one week after losing him, posted on FB about their loss in a plucky attempt to raise awareness of PKD. I copied and pasted their status and asked everyone I know to do the same. Just a simple cut and paste to raise awareness of a disease that can snatch away the life of a child before it's even met his parents. Perhaps it's my hormones and perhaps I'm over-reacting but I've just logged onto FB and seen this:-
"Copy this and paste this as your status if you know someone or have heard of someone who may know of someone or have heard of someone who may know of someone or if you don't know anyone or even if you have just heard of someone who doesn't know anyone then still do copy this, most people won't but it's important to spread the message oh yeah and the hearts.. don't forget the f*#king hearts!"

One friend copied my status and bless her she released a balloon too. One friend could be bothered to do a simple copy and paste. Two seconds to spread the message to infinitely more people, some of whom may have bothered to do the same and spread the message to even more. One person bothered! One! Yet this pointless crap written by some spotty geek from the comfort of his bedroom at his parents' house spreads like wildfire! I think that's a pretty damning indictment of human nature! Sorry to be so heavy but if I dont get it off my chest I'll paste it on FB! I feel like saying "Oh you do know how to copy and paste! Thanks for doing it when it f*#king mattered! Grrrrr!

Sorry newbies. This was something that touched me very personally. :)

Bernie - it's natural to feel that way. It just shows that you're intelligent and sensitive. If the enormity of becoming a parent didn't faze you slightly I'd be concerned lol. I went through the same thing. Then when I was having my son I felt guilty because my daughter would have to share. It's normal and quite natural.

Hi Darling,
Thanks for that. It is nice to know that i am normal and others have felt the same way. I am a natural worrier and so i have stressed myself out a few times about this!
I am glad your little boy is on the mend!

x

Kasia - I hope your US goes well today and puts your mind at rest. Let us know how you get on.

Angelique - i am glad your job went well, i'm sure your body will adjust to it and hopefully the second trimester will be easier!

I am so SO jealous of the ladies who live in Florida!!! I love it there and would move in a second if we had the chance! But as it is we will have to settle for a trip to Orlando next April! :)

I am soooo bloated at the moment, my mid-section has expanded loads and is horrible and flabby looking!! I think i have gained just under 1lb from all the stodgy food i have been eating but it seems my stomach and waist have doubled in size! I'm hoping the bloating will go down! Has anyone else had this?

Hope you are all good. Only 1 day until the weekend!! Whoop!

x

Does it sound silly that reading on the computer makes my sickness worse? Anyone else finding this????

Ive had a flick through the many pages i needed to catch up on but here i am again forgetting the things i wanted to respond to!

Kasia - good luck for your scan, my mw wont use a doppler until at least 16 weeks so she tried very very early. Im sure everything will be ok honey try not to worry (easier said than done).

Darling - fb makes me so mad sometimes ppl can be so heartless and cruel, i try not to go on there too much because theres so much negativity on there huge hugs to you hun i would have been upset too and a huge congrats to your friend on her bfp how wonderful that you will be pregnant together!

Krissi - loving the super sperm post, will have to catch up on your journal does your ex know yet about the pregnancy, id imagine it will have him wondering about his swimmers!

Angelique - wow youve started work already thats quick, sorry that your so tired, hope that your liking it there though.

jojolou - welcome x

berniegroves - i have definately noticed bloated tummy one of my fave pairs of jeans are so tight now i dont think i will be able to wear them much longer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->