Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Pielette-that's exactly all it was. When I was spotting @ 5 weeks that's the first thing my midwife asked, if I had intercourse. It also happened to a friend of mine, she was 14 wks and I took her to the hospital because she was bleeding pretty badly afterwards, but everything was just fine.
Leeze- so sorry to hear about your flat. Did you have some kind of contract in place and did the potential buyers put down a deposit? Here when an offer is made in order to take the home off the market the sellers sometimes ask for a contract and deposit which the buyers lose if they don't fulfill their agreement. Either way, that's VERY frustrating. It's really hard to coordinate the sale and purchase of a new place at the same time. I'm sure everything will work out for you, and remember, everything happens for a reason.
Pink sparkle- I would have a glass of wine and kick your feet up and relax:)

So I have to vent for a minute.
My husband and I have close friends whom we have a trip to the Keys planned in July to catch lobster (it's lobster season). They are pretty heavy drinkers and reaaaaalllly get on my nerves expecially now that I'm not drinking (somehow if you are also drinking it makes it easier to handle) and have been terribly annoying me the past few weeks. We will be on this trip with them for a whole week and I just don't know how I will handle this at all. By then I will be about 6 mos I think, not only the hot sun on a boat all day with no shade, but a group of highly ANNYOING people drunk off they're asses and obnoxious....i just don't know. I suppose I shouldn't stress about it yet, it's still months away, but they were over last night and I just about lost it then. Sorry so long, just had to vent for a second:)

Hi Ladies :flower:

Darling, that story about your friend and her daughter is amazing, so spooky! Why on earth would a 3 year old come out with something like that, it has to mean something :shrug: So sweet to think she tried so hard to come through to her mummy :hugs:

Pielette, my midwife mentioned the possibility of bleeding after :sex: at my first appointment with her, said if I got any slight bleeding after that not to worry and to just see if it calms down within a day or two. If so, it will have just been some irritation from that :thumbup: Personally I have so far not had this happen, we have DTD a good few times but we are more gentle than usual :haha: But I am always on the lookout for blood after it (well, still every time I go the loo to be honest!)

Leeze, so sorry to hear that about your move. I hope it all works out for you :hugs:

Pink Sparkle, my midwife told me the occasional drink wouldn't do any harm :thumbup: So I wouldn't worry about a bit of a drink whilst you're away.

We've got my parents and OH's mum and stepdad for dinner tomorrow for Mother's Day. I'm doing a beef casserole with spuds and veg and then we've bought 6 chocolate choux buns for a dessert :happydance: Got my mummy a nice basket arrangement of little plants and a bottle of rose wine :hugs:

I scared myself a bit earlier today - I tripped up the top two steps going up the stairs! Luckily stopped myself completely tripping and banging myself :wacko: So scary when you're not just in danger of hurting yourself now x

Yikes Nat!! Glad you caught yourself!! Falls are scary!! I know one lady who fell down the steps at the post office and her baby has a problem with her pelvis now...

Kasia... sorry about your.... friends? or whatever they are to you, thats not a fun situation, although the trip sounds like a lot of fun.

How is everyone?? I slept al dang day, and it felt sooo lovely!

hey everyone! I Jus tgot a new car!! so happy!! earlier than I thought I would too.

Thanks ladies, it seems that's all it was. Scary though! I laughed and informed hubby that he's far too dangerous to sleep with :haha:
God Nat that is scary, I feel really freaked out by stairs at the moment. Sounds a little odd but I mean that when I'm walking down them I have to concentrate on each one to reassure myself I'm not going to fall down them.
Oh Kasia that sounds awful. It is horrible when you're out with people who drink like fish and you're stone cold sober. I'd keep your contact with them to the bare minimum from now on if that's all they're about. I do like a drink myself (when not pregnant!) but I drink it because I enjoy it, not to get drunk. I've been properly drunk about twice in my life and I'm not a huge fan cos I had barely any control over what I was doing.
Ooh 9babies, what car did you get?

Hi everyone

9babies - fantastic news about the car and I hope it all goes well at your appointment tomorrow. How fab that you could get seen so early.

Pielette - glad you got lots of reassurance about the bit of bleeding - I've heard that too about how DTD can make you bleed a little bit.

Nat - what a lovely Mother's Day you got planned - I especially like the sound of the yummy dessert!!! I can't get enough chocolate desserts at the moment!!! Just think, next year, you'll be a Mother on Mother's Day!!! Oh, and that does sound really scary tripping up the stairs. I'm glad you're ok, hon. I know what you mean, it's hard at the moment knowing you're protecting a little one too. I keep getting a bit freaked out on the journey to and from work because I've got to cross over a couple of busy stations in central London and sometimes it's so busy.

Kasia - that sounds like a tough one about your friends being really heavy drinkers - is it a boat trip or road trip? Will you be able to get some time to yourself away from them? I think that's what I'd be inclined to do if possible - take time for you and your OH to do some fun stuff together and maybe just meet up with them later on for meals. Take some good books/mp3 player with you and when they get into the heavy drinking later on go for a nice relaxing bath and chill out etc? I've actually been avoiding social occasions for the last few weeks myself mainly because I want to wait till 12 weeks to tell people but I feel like I'm the point now where I'm happy not to be around people that are drinking heavily and would rather have an early night with a nice mug of cocoa!!!!!

Pink Sparkle - I think that mainly you shouldn't drink alcohol at all in 1st trimester - and then if you want to drink after that then no more than 1 or 2 units and no more than twice a week in total - I think that's recommended safe levels. I'm going to try not to drink really but I know I might get a bit tempted later on. We've got friends that are getting married in September and at the moment I've said to myself that I'll have a glass of champagne at their wedding to toast them but otherwise I'm not planning to drink. At the moment the smell of it makes me gag a bit but I know that might change!! My friend who is 20 weeks pregnant says she tends to have a small glass of wine or half a pint of lager once or twice a week and she is really enjoying savouring and sipping it.

Angelique - I went back to bed yesterday afternoon for a few hours - that was bliss!! And slept for about 9 hours last night! I think if I could do this every day/night then I'd be ok!!!! I am feeling pretty fuzzy-headed today still and funnily enough when I was cleaning the bathroom earlier the smell of the disinfectant was making me gag!!! A great reason not to do housework!!! I'm working my way through some laundry today but otherwise am going to have a chilled one

Darling - how are you doing today? Is your little fella feeling any better?

Waitress - I hope that the sickness isn't getting you too badly

Have a lovely Sunday everyone xx :hugs:

Hi everyone!
Well I have finally got my scan date through Wooohooo!!! 20th April!

Re alcohol this is quite an interesting one and the official guidelines are 1-2 units per week which is a standard size glass of wine a week! Which is negligible. I love wine but I couldn't stomach wine if I tried. I think aversions to things can be a really good indicator of what the body would reject and I think it's nature's way of letting us know what's off the menu so to speak. Anyway, I have to share thus because I'm really excited about it! Although, I like the occasional cola with ice, I am not a fan of sugary drinks and there's only so much cordial a girl can drink! Last night I went to break the news to a close friend at her barbeque and everyone was drinking and I drank.. four bottles of Becks!! Non-alcoholic and I'm not normally a lager fan but I loved it. It felt grown up and it tasted really hoppy and I didn't feel like I was missing out! Although there was a few comments about why bother buying non-alcoholic beer by her neighbour (a right pr*t!) It's called Becks 'Blue' and I bought it from Morrisons.

Leeze - I'm fine thank you honey. I seem to have three rough days followed by a couple of good days at the moment it's really strange! My little guy isuch better thank you. I have given him just water to drink for the last few days and it seems to have done the trick. How are you?

Leeze - I'm fine thank you honey. I seem to have three rough days followed by a couple of good days at the moment it's really strange! My little guy isuch better thank you. I have given him just water to drink for the last few days and it seems to have done the trick. How are you?

Glad to hear it. I'm feeling great at the moment although this week has been a really difficult one for nausea. I think tiredness has a lot to do with it and this week I didn't go to bed as early as I should have done most nights so probably got about 7 hours sleep a night when I seem to need 9 at the moment!! Also, I'm eating a really scrummy spanish omelette right now that has my 3 favourite ingredients of the moment in it - cheese, potatoes and eggs. So all is well in my world right now!!!!

Great that you enjoyed your no alcohol beer. I'm not a big beer fan myself, but my OH really liked the 0% Bavaria lager when we were doing our post New Year detox - have a look out for that one - he said it was the best of all the ones he tried. I'm happy with my feel good fizzy raspberry and passion fruit juice at the moment - and my mugs of cocoa!!! My OH told me yesterday about this amazing concert in one of the most beautiful outdoor venues in London by one of my favourite bands that hardly ever tour any more - Lamb at Somerset House. Normally I'd jump at the chance. Right now, I'm like "can you get seated tickets - if not I'm not going!!!". thing is that it's in July and so I'm guessing I won't want to stand up for hours. Then I remembered one of my friends went to a gig recently when she was 8 months pregnant and they gave her access to the accessible viewing platform which is normally for people that use wheelchairs or have mobility problems. Now, that sounds like a plan!!! :haha:

Kasia - I just realised I didn't answer your question about contracts on the flat. The way it works here is that you make an offer on a flat and then it's accepted subject to contract. The contract is normally drawn up once you've done a survey of the property and have proven that you have the finances/a mortgage in place. Up till that point there's nothing in writing so it's really annoying - you just have to go on trust. What had started to worry us was that we accepted this offer a few weeks ago and the buyers hadn't arranged the survey yet and this was making us suspicious. I'm so angry about it - it just annoys me so much that people would lie in order to get you to take your flat off the market. Also when we accepted their offer there was also another offer on the table that we didn't take -and now it could take months to get someone else and we might lose the lovely flat we want :growlmad::growlmad:

Hi Ladies :flower:

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and a lovely Mother's Day. Did all of you who already have little ones get some nice pressies and cards?

My meal for the parents went well, they seemed to enjoy my beef casserole and the pud :thumbup: Was nice having them all together and they stayed until early evening. It is weird to think that it will be my first Mother's Day next year :wacko:

9Babies, good news on the car. What have you had?

Darling, fab news about scan date - day after mine :happydance: I think a lot of us have our scans very close together but guess that makes sense as we are all due very close together :haha:

x

To all the new mums-in-waiting; happy mother's day mummies-to-be! And happy mother's day to all the mummies!

Nat - glad your mother's day get-together was a success!
I went to Lush and treated myself. Sending dh the bill lol. My children made me some lovely cards. Even my youngest made his own card with a little help from Daddy.

Ladies - check it out! https://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/

To all the new mums-in-waiting; happy mother's day mummies-to-be! And happy mother's day to all the mummies!

Nat - glad your mother's day get-together was a success!
I went to Lush and treated myself. Sending dh the bill lol. My children made me some lovely cards. Even my youngest made his own card with a little help from Daddy.

Ladies - check it out! https://www.alcoholfree.co.uk/

Nat - glad you enjoyed your Mothers' Day meal!

Darling - that website is great. Love the idea of alcohol-free bubbly!!!! I'm getting some for my birthday!! (not till July but will be great to have some bubbly!!)

:cry: I think I might not be on bnb for awhile. I dont know, I am having a lot of bleeding and my appt isnt till tomorrow.

Oh no! Shana I'll say a quiet prayer for you. Im not religious but it can't hurt.:hugs:

OH NO!!! 9babies... I will pray for you!! You are never a burden!! we are all here for you no matter what!!

9babies you are not a burden if you want hugs and support we are ALWAYS here for you hunni xx I am so sorry xxx

9babies - you're not a burden. If you want to talk, you know we're all here ready to listen but we also understand if you don't want to. Either way we're here for you if you want a shoulder to lean on. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->