Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

Hi girls xx Scan Day tomorrow so excited this will be the third time I get to see my little pumpkin!! I cannot wait, I am still nervous but not as bad as last time.

I wonder whether they will be able to see the sex of the baby!

They told my sister and she was only 14 weeks! xxx

Pink Sparkle - you just said exactly what I was struggling to find the words to say!

I think, regardless of what your OH says, if you had your BFP he would be delighted! It could also be one of those things were, after you have wanted something so bad, when you finally get it, you get those little fears of 'am I ready for this?' etc?? I don't know if I'm articulating myself very well here, but I really do believe that men just aren't as good as saying what they REALLY mean when it comes to emotions. They just say the easier thing to say, even if it means they do not come across as well as they would like :hugs:

Hunkydory - thanks for sharing, good to get to know you a bit better! :hugs: I've been to Greenock a couple of times, actually! An old friend of mine used to live there - although she's in London now.

That's awesome - would be such a small world if I knew your friend! Haha! In fact, how old is she? If you dont mind me asking x

Yea, I always knew I wanted to be a mummy, would have done it years ago if my OH hadn't wanted to be so 'responsible' and wait til we could afford it and enjoy a lifestyle for a bit lol! Just cant wait til I get a proper bump - not just the flabby one I've been carrying around for years :winkwink:

She's 38 (same as me) - but hasn't lived there for about 20 years now!! :haha:

Just thinking about you girls and hoping that Darling is having a fab holiday! x

Aah, it would mean she had left when I was 8, lol!! Don't think my circle of friends what that large at that age!!!

I have a question to everyone - when did/do you expect to feel your baby moving?? Is it true that it will take me much longer because I already have that bit of extra padding??

Shana - I think the other girls are talking a lot of sense on this one!! Firstly, it's pretty unfair of him to say this to you knowing what you've been through - but I wonder if a lot of this is about him struggling with the possibility of another loss and more emotional ups and downs? If it was me I'd probably take a few hours space then try and have another chat when we'd both had a bit of time to think about things. :hugs:

Krissi - another scan tomorrow - that is so exciting!!! That would be amazing if they can tell you the gender tomorrow! I'm a bit jealous - I want another scan and I want to find out the gender!!!!!!!!! 6 weeks is too long to wait!!!! Let us know how you get on. How was your holiday, by the way? :hugs:

I think if it's your first pregnancy you normally feel the baby moving between about week 18 and 20? I think that's what I've read, anyway. It's my first pregnancy too so I'm very excited to find out!!! :happydance:

I have a question to everyone - when did/do you expect to feel your baby moving?? Is it true that it will take me much longer because I already have that bit of extra padding??

Im overweight have been since i had dd (10 years ago:wacko:) i dont think weight has anything to do with it. I think sometimes its easier when you have had previous pregnancies as you know what your feeling. Around this stage it can feel a lot like wind or bubbling (thats the best way i can describe it) i dont feel kicks. Tbh i didnt feel kicks until around the 18-20 week mark in both my previous pregnancies. I think everyone is completely different. You hear stories of really slim ladies not even knowing they are pregnant until they give birth so think it depends on the baby too could have a quiet one and also depends on their position.

Take it from a fellow momma with extra padding...you will feel your baby move just fine :thumbup:

LOL I have plenty of extra padding and I'm actually very sure I have felt baby move. I felt it very early with both my previous pregnancies so I'm not shocked. Its not concistant yet, but I feel it almost every night when I lay down

Hi everyone,

I am just back from holiday and have read and caught up with everything. Still manic on the new house front but hopefully moving in next week so it will all be worth it.

Lying in the sun on holiday I was looking at my tummy and whilst I didn't see anything move, I definitely felt it - although I have pretty much convinced myself I was willing it to happen! I've been really fretting since being on the plane home - when I was away I had lots to think about and do but now I'm worried that everything is ok with the baby. I think I am going to book another scan - its been 3 weeks since my last one and I'm rubbish at the waiting thing.

I saw a friend who is 27 weeks pregnant on holiday - she is HUGE! I can't ever imagine having a great bump like that. My "bump" still isn't really a bump - just looks like I've got a bit wider and my boobs are huge. The midwife said I wouldn't show properly for a while because I was quite fit when I conceived but its all making me worry.

Is anyone else still worried? I know Darling will tell me off when she reads this!:wacko:
:hugs:

I have quite a bump now it us obvious I am pregnant have a feeling I am going to be the size of a bus!! I am just all out front though and can still fit in my clothes as long as they go under bump!!

Hello, ladies! Is it too late to join? I have been on this forum for quite a very long time but just haven't belonged to an October due club yet!

I am due October 19th, and having a boy! And its now sunken in:) I am pregnant. LOL.

welcome nypage1981, congrats on your blue bump! I believe you are the first on our thread to know the babies sex!

Had a lovely day today with my mum and sister and the weathers nice too. Im pretty gutted though that ive been checking the weather for our week away (from next monday) and we are forecast rain everyday! So so so so so disappointed. Fingers crossed they have it wrong but knowing our luck it will be right and it will be a washout!

well guess what. everyone. I am knocked up!! MY gut feeling was right!!!! so excited.

Thanks pink! I am still early on but I work in radiology at the hospital so had to have a peek. I am impatient and my doctor doesnt do frequent ultrasounds!

Am I understanding right...you just got a bfp now 9babies?

yes I was pregnant and due in october but I Lost it and these kind ladies let me stay, bcI am super close to them and didnt want to leave.

:( Oh, im sorry, but congrats!!! Just makin sure I was understanding correctly:)

its ok!! I have been thru a few losses while waiting to come back to th is thread with good news!!!

I am glad to be here, and glad that they still think I belong. though due dates are far apart. LOL

CONGRATS SHANA!! I'm thrilled for you! :happydance:

Welcome nypage! I am SO jealous that you know the sex! I think you're now due earliest of all of us so we have a while before we get to find out! Booo!

How are all the rest of you ladies? So glad u had a nice trip waitress! I am jealous! My dh and I were discussing taking a vacation this month but decided it would be too much going on with the fact that we're moving across the county in a few weeks!! Ahh! :wacko: :wacko:

On another note, my birthday is next week! I can't beleive im gonna be 27 just when I finally got used to being 26! Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->