Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

I saw the announcement well done for being brave I have still not!!

Pielette I hope when u say everyone else you don't
mean us to lol :(

I will be using a moses basket and cot to.

My advice to anyone looking to get a Moses basket is don't bother. It makes it very difficult to get them into a cot afterwards because of the open space. They're about as much use as a baby bath!

Babylove that's so cool! Haven't heard mine yet.

Girls - here's the latest in the 'How Incompetent Can The Midwives Be?' saga:-
I got a phonecall to say I missed my appointment on May 5th - an appointment they neglected to notify me about then re-scheduled it for my birthday and then asked me to go into the surgery to change my surname to my married name which I did five months ago! This is after mixing up my bloods! Grrr! I feel a kick up the arse is overdue!

My scan is 13th June and hopefully we'll find out the sex.

How is everyone else?

I think all doctors offices or midwifes are kind of frustrating. Mine tanks me around all the time or doesnt give me direction and Tuesday I sat in waiting room for half hour past my appointment because when i went to check in the moron didn't check me in.

I put my ultrasound pic up on fb and that was my announcement. Surprised a lot of people.

Oh no krissi, that doesn't apply to you girls! :haha: There's no way I'll be able to keep it to myself on here. Although I do have to ask that those of you who are friends with me on fb don't mention anything!
Darling you do seem to get all the incompetents don't you?
I'm a little stressed out, my school has an Ofsted monitoring visit on Tuesday and knowing my luck it'll be one of my lessons they choose to descend upon where the kids can't remember what they had for breakfast, let alone what level they're working at. Plus we have to submit a lot of work for Year 11 for their GCSEs and the admin and paperwork that goes with it is doing my head in.

Grrr I seem to be last to find out the gender lol I would have been 16 + 2 but will only be 15 + 3 for midwives app on Monday hope she doesn't want to reschedule because I will cry lol!!

Is everyone ok it's very quiet the past few days xxx

Come on girls I love our little group keep in touch xx

Hi everyone

Sorry for not being around the last few days, I had a really stressful week with crazy deadlines at work and needed time out from the computer in the evenings!

I've been getting excited about all the things we need to start getting for bub coming ... and hopefully we're going to have a new place soon to put them in too! We saw a really lovely flat today and hopefully will be putting an offer in over the next few days. The garden is quite small and that's the main thing that's putting my OH off, but I think it's lovely and low maintenance! Hold a good thought for us that we can get a lovely little love nest soon for our family to grow into!

Darling - it's crazy how many things go wrong for you and appointments - it's a shame you can't sue them - you'd be rich!

Pielette - good luck with the monitoring visit on Tuesday, I hate any stress at work at the moment and it feels unfair that there should be any stress for us while we're pregnant!

NY and Babylove - that's definitely brave to announce it on FB - I decided in the end just to send some private messages to those that I really want to know. Mind you, some of them have been posting comments on other things about me being hormonal etc and so I think other people would be able to guess!

For those of you that already have children, can you remember when you first felt your babies kicking? I'm really excited about the prospect of this happening - and want it to start soon!!

Hi to everyone else - hope you're all ok :hugs::hugs:

I can't wait to feel pumpkin moving!! One more sleep til midwife whoop whoop x

This time around I felt definite movement at 14 weeks but I think that because the uterine wall has become so thin after two earlier babies. I felt what I thought was movement with #1 and then I would think it was gas. My theory about that now is that gas perhaps prompts the baby to move and baby's movements prompt gas! Lol. It's different for every woman but you'll know what it is. The most exciting thing for me was watching my stomach moving (it looks so weird!) sometimes you're watching and you'll think "OMG! That was a foot!" Its awesome! I like to submerge myself under water just listening to the beat of my heart. It's the most incredible feeling of peace and intimacy in utero. I think because it blocks out earthly sounds and all you can hear is that strange under-water silence and your heart beating and that amazing feeling of oneness with this person you would offer your life up to that you haven't even met yet. How blessed we all are!

Hi ladies, how are you all?
Ooh Leeze the flat sounds lovely, fingers crossed you can get it! We live in a two storey maisonette which is really nice, but we have no garden and I really miss having one, especially in the summer when it's hot and I'd love to have people round for a barbecue. We'd like to move but we just don't have the money, what with getting married last year and bubs on the way.
I've got loads of work to get on with today and no surprises here, I can't be bothered. I think I've already mentally checked out, isn't that awful? I do what I have to and go through the motions but I'm just not invested anymore. It doesn't help that this thought is constantly reverberating in my head... '9 working weeks left...'
On the topic of movement, I think I might have felt it slightly! On Monday evening I was lying on the sofa and I felt these tiny little 'bubbles'; it did feel like gas but somehow different, and didn't move downwards. I've had it a couple of times now and I'm fairly sure it's bubs, it put the biggest smile on my face!

Aww - Darling - that was a lovely way you put it about feeling oneness and being willing to give up your life for the person you haven't met yet!

Krissi - how lovely to be seeing the midwife again this week, time keeps ticking along - not too long now till 20 weeks!!!

Pielette - I know what you mean about being less invested in work. It's funny because there's part of me that wants to be able to leave things at work in a good place for me to take my leave and not worry about my staff and project - but also partly I've already removed myself from a lot of it and when it gets stressful I just remind myself what's really important to me right now - ie growing a new life and looking after myself!!!

With the flat we went to see, my OH is less convinced because the garden is quite small and I've been working on him none-stop since yesterday about all the good points. Hopefully we're going to go back and see it again in the next few days and I'll be doing my best sales pitch on him!!!

I'm feeling really excited today - all this talk of kicking and bonding with bub is making me feel all gooey inside!!!

Has anyone had a 4d scan - I was looking at one of the other threads and even though they look a bit weird I also quite like the idea of getting one - around 28 weeks. Also, I think it's a long time to go from 20 weeks to potentially 40 weeks without a scan - there's a place not far from us that does the babybond one for £139 although partly I'm thinking we could do with saving our money for when bub actually comes!!!

Have a lovely day everyone :hugs:

Darling - I dont know if either of us have already noticed this, but we are due on the Exact same day!! How cool!! xx

I actually think I'm going to decided against a 3/4D scan - we could afford it if we wanted to but I kind of want to save 'seeing' bubs until s/he's born, does that make sense? I know you don't see eye or hair colour of course but I want to save seeing their features until when I get to hold them. Weirdly, when I was first pregnant I thought 'only two scans? I can't cope with that!' but I kind of like the idea of waiting now! Funny how my mind has changed!

I have felt baby "moving" since around 13 weeks, BUT I could have been wrong that early. Now I barely feel it, once every other day or so, I think it depends on us paying attention and how baby is positioned. I can't wait to feel constant kicks and movement. And hiccups. I love the hiccups!

Angelique - I hear you! Once you get past the first trimester pregnancy is delicious isn't it?! :hugs:

Hunkdorey - I was due Oct 31st but at the scan it transpired that I was further along that I thought. I liked my Halloween due date.. I'm keeping my legs together until then!! :haha:

Pielette - I was the same in both my pregnancies and I think you're right to enjoy the wait. I enjoyed the idea that seeing the baby and finding out the gender would be a nice surprise at the end of labour. I still think so but having one of each already, I need to organise bedrooms this time around. I don't know if its wishful thinking but I'm leaning towards 'girl'. I have never been one of these women who insist they knew the gender. I have actually been disappointed by my own lack of awareness. I've never had a clue until arrival day!

Leeze - you throw a hissy fit and demand the flat! You're pregnant and you can blame it on hormones! Hehe!!

I'm going to see the midwife on my birthday. Why not? I can shame them with their own incompetence! Mwahahahahaha!!! :gun:

Hello lovies!!!!
so on the subject of movement, I had a neat sensation tonight... laying on my back reading, I put my hand to my tummy and felt a very hard spot.... but nothing on the opposite side, I gave a gentle push, and actually felt baby move away, then a few minutes later, move back to the same spot!!! I loved it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->