Bump buddies needed for Halloween babies!

I am so lucky I haven't put on anything yet I lost 7lbs during 1st 12 weeks and have put on 4lbs of that again now but still lighter than when I started. My mum has been taking bump pics since 6 weeks and it's so wierd seeing the progression I am so big
now lol!!

Im not sure how much i have put on way to scared to step on the scales although im still wearing my per-pregnancy clothes they are just a lil tighter.

Krissi - do share the bump pics i would love to do them but im way to fat! x

Will post one Hun when I get to my pc tomorrow too difficult from iPhone x

Waitress I think "well meaning" family is the worst. I feel your pain!

As for weight gain, I was surprised to find I had lost 10 pounds at my last check up. I'm also still wearing all my pre pregnant clothes. I bet I have gained this month though. I still don't look pregnant, my boobs are enormous and I also have a bit of a tummy bulge that just looks like its getting bigger. But I have noticed that its moving higher and the bump is harder now.
I'm feeling a fair amount of movement, but only when I am still, never when I am up and moving.

And as for the horrible sunburn, sadly I was wearing SPF50 when I was out, but I had been out 15 min or so before I applied it, so maybe that's why I burnt. It feels a bit better today, but the hair on my hairline hurts sooooooo bad, I can't even brush my hair. And comically I have a very definite sun glasses line, and they are large sunglasses so I have a large area around my eyes that's white as can be, while the rest is red as a lobster LOL.

Well off with me, I'm turning in early, I neeeeeeeeeed some sleep

OMG angie - factor 50 and you still burnt you poor thing. The hair lines the worst, dd has a fringe and when we went to spain a few years ago her hair line got real sore had to find some bandanas and headbands for her to wear in the pool to keep it covered. she hates it now when i make her cream the fringe line as the cream shows up in her hair.

DD 10 today...omg i feel old!!!

Yep. Its a nasty burn And I'm wondering if I had a reaction to it since I had just bought it...

Happy birthday to your little one, mine turns 11 this year so I know what You mean about feeling old!!

Aw happy birthday to your daughter pink sparkle!
Oh that sunburn on the hairline is the absolute worst Angie, I've had it before and it's evil. Luckily (or unluckily!) the weather's rarely nice enough to do it to me. Could really do with some sun though, I really fancy just booking something last minute and cheap in the summer.
I'm feeling a fair bit of movement now I think, again when I'm laying down and not doing much. When I woke up this morning I lay there for a few mins and the bubbles were quite pronounced! I so can't wait to feel a kick though. Got my midwife appointment tomorrow so only in work for a half day, woohoo!

im sorry for this as its way tmi! But im soooo constipated to the point that my tummy is aching so badly and have the WORST wind! So fed up! x

Ugh Pink same problem here... I was told that medamucil is safe in pregnancy and I made a shake out of it.... mixed a teaspoon of fiber with warm water to dissolved, then added frozen strawberries and vanilla yogurt, a splash of lemon juice and some oj to thin it, but you can use milk or water too... its a recipe I use for this kind of thing, and usually helps within an hour or 2. Adjust the fiber as you want.

Pielette I am also feeling movement, more of a general motion, not.so.much kicks, but more like the whole baby turning over or swimming. Its a neat feeling, I do get occasional kicks too. I love it!!

As for me and my world, my little dog is very very sick, she wont eat, barely moves, and last night I cried.all night cuz I was sure I was losing her. She was completely non responsive and her breathing was so shallow it scared me. So I've been a 24 hour doggy nurse.... if anyone has suggestions they are. Very welcome

So sorry to hear about your little dog Angie, I saw your FB updates. Have you taken her to the vet? Is she getting any worse or is she about the same?

I had my midwife appointment this afternoon and we heard the heartbeat for the first time - so amazing! I was laying there with the biggest grin on my face. The midwife found it in the first spot she tried, I was quite impressed!

Did you record it hun? It's amazing isn't it!!

No I didn't, was in a bit of a daze to be honest and didn't think about it till afterwards, neither did hubby! I've come down with a nasty cold (great timing considering I can't take anything!) so have been walking round in a bit of a fog. Still, we'll hopefully record it next time.

Angie so sorry about your dog hope he/shes soon on the mend. All i can suggest is keeping her warm and comfortable. Like Krissi said have you taken her to the vets.

Aw Pielette so happy for you it is magical isnt it ...unless you have a mw like mine nattering the whole way through so you can hardly hear it!

Angie thanks for the advice on the bowel problems! Im not sure if we have that over here? I should really give my mw a ring and see if she can recommend something x

Hi girls! Sorry I've missed so much will try to catch up.

Angie - Hun sorry to hear about your little dog! Hope she's ok.

Bowel issues = Fibergel for constipation.

I've had the most awful week! Ugh!

How is everyone doing? xxx

Krissi, any powdered fiber will work.

Pielette I saw your Facebook post about the heartbeat, how sweet and special!!!

As for my little fur baby, we go to the vet today, I have no faith in them, but I can't stand to see her suffer so we will go.

just a quick hello from me as I'm exhausted! will post properly tomorrow xxx

Angie hope she gets on ok hun and there is something they can give her to make her better, ive always had pets and i know they become one of the family and so hard when they are poorly! xxx

Hi Leeze and Hi Darling hope your both well x

Hi everyone :flower:

I feel like I've missed loads in the last couple days so I'm gonna apologise now I forget anything

Angie - I hope your sunburn is healing ok and I'm sorry to hear about your dog - have you had her checked out yet? Hopefully it's nothing serious

Pink sparkle - happy birthday to your daughter the big 1-0 !! I hope your constipation eases off, prunes are meant to be good I think. I've luckily not got any constipation but I have definitely had extra wind recently, especially in the evenings! :blush:

Waitress - I hear you on the baby clothes issue. My sister-in-law (brother's wife) and her mum are already busy knitting for our little one. Her Mum is 90 though so I don't want to offend her by saying anything but luckily they live a couple of hours drive away so I'll be able to dress the baby in them in the house and take some pics and send to them!! You're right about the flat selling game, I think most people say they want the asking price - the problem with this flat was that the buyer said she had actually just accepted an offer that was just below the asking price and if we wanted it we would need to match the asking price. So I think she really meant it. And the asking price is about £40,000 above what we can afford!

Krissi, that's amazing that you're lighter than when you started! I've definitely put weight on but I think that is partly due to all the ice cream I've been eating!!! I actually put about 3kg on between the first appointment with the Doctor and my 12 week scan - that was only about 6-7 weeks - although I think maybe one of their scales was wrong!!!!

Darling - you seem to be having a rough time of it at the moment, I hope you're ok.

Pielette - how lovely to hear the heartbeat!!! And amazing that you're feeling fluttery movements. I can't wait to feel the baby move too, I want it to happen soon - I'm feeling very impatient!!

I've had a crazy week too, my life seems to be mainly about working, viewing flats and contacting estate agents etc. Not much fun involved. Mind you, I had a reality check the other day when I was getting stressed about not having a nursery yet or a big enough place for the baby - I just really got in touch with how much harder things would be if I was still TTC or if we were still trying to sell my OH's flat. We're definitely a lot near to our goals of new home and new baby - I just don't really want to be moving at 8 months pregnant. I guess if it happens then I'll have a good reason to not help very much!!!!!

I'm going to stay with my parents this weekend so probably won't be on much in the next few days. Have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

Morning ladies, how are you all?
I'm off work today, come down with a nasty cold thing. It annoys me cos it is just a bad cold, but I feel so rotten and as we all know, I can't use anything that would help before I got pregnant! I dragged myself in yesterday but last night I couldn't sleep due to not being able to breathe, woke up at half 12 and was awake till about 4 in the morning. Feel like I've been whacked round the head.
So pleased to read about your dog on fb Angie, sounds like she's come through it well! Is she home yet?
Oh Leeze house hunting is a flipping nightmare. I found it tough enough when we bought our flat, and we weren't selling at the same time. I dread to think what it will be like when we eventually start looking at selling up and moving. It costs so damn much as well, the fees are such a rip-off.
How is everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->